An efficient help desk system is a key
tool for building long-term customer-
loyalty even in these competitive
times. There are several free and paid
help desk systems available in the
A company uses help desk support software for
efficient troubleshooting of problems with
services or products faced by customers. The
help desk system could also cover in-house
employees. The objective is to streamline and
automate customer services – particularly IT
support processes – for reliable and consistent
• Browser-based help desk systems are the best.
• No help desk support software needs to be
• These systems are based on the concept of SaaS -
'Software as a Service'.
• The buyer does not need to purchase any hardware, or
set up any kind of extra infrastructure.
• The help desk system begins functioning within few
minutes of a free registration.
• The applications can be accessed across the Internet.
• This is a big advantage for small- and medium-size
businesses as no extra investment is required.
• The big question with browser-based help desk
systems is whether the data is secure and the system
• Security and reliability of a system should be evaluated
before you implement it in your business.
•Most customers view cloud-based
solutions as less secure in comparison to
“locally installed" systems. So, before you
choose a help desk software, keep the
following tips in mind:
No unauthorized person, or someone
who is not a member of your support
team, should be able to log in to the
system. The help desk support
provider should also not be able to
access your business help desk system
• Each customer should have a separate database
that is totally isolated from the database of
• The help desk system providers should not be
able to access your passwords. Password recovery
procedures should only allow the business owners
to reset the passwords.
• Physical security of the servers used for your help
desk system should be guaranteed.
• SSL encryption should be used to protect data
during transfer via the Internet.
Reliability of your help desk system is also very
important. If your customers cannot reach you
when they need you the most, they are unlikely
to trust your services or products. When
purchasing help desk support software, ensure
that the providers offer efficient data back-up,
automated failover, and load-balanced servers.
• Additionally, as an entrepreneur, you should also
focus on having a courteous team of
professionals handling your help desk support
• Email integration, chat integration, and even
social-networking integration is built into modern
help desk systems.
• Most customers too find these options
convenient for interacting with the help desk of a
company. Your help desk system team should
include trained employees who know how to
tackle queries and problems while dealing with
all kinds of clients.
If you are looking for an intuitive,
powerful, and feature-packed free
help desk system that would
impress your customers, then get
your free account at