Rapid Response Fire Engine
Light Weight Type III Engine
4x4 Brush & Structure
Highway & Off Road
Press the Up & Right arrow keys to move forward and Down & Left back.
Click the right mouse button and select help for more controls.
Advanced Light Weight TYPE 3
This 3W Type 3 Fire Engine weighs far less than the typical Type 3 Engine. The
aluminum construction and use of the light weight Steyr 110 hp engine, popular in
aviation, marine and military applications, provides more power, pressure
and capacity per pound than other Type 3 engines.
5-ManType 3 Engine Company
The front mounted water
canon has exterior and
duplicate controls in the
cab plus a wireless handheld
The Tornado RC’s
Nozzle range is 45°
below to 90°
above the horizon.
oscillate and park.
The entire canon is on a
quick connect fitting.
Built with manual controls
for sweep and elevation.
A unique design in fire engines.
Wildland and urban design
features make this one of the
most versatile engines available.
Whether climbing over rough
terrain or squeezing through a
parking structure this engine is
made for it.
Built with a 7’-4” clearance to enable use in parking structures with limited clearance.
In Cab Controls
This Type 3 Engine is designed for mobile fire
fighting. The front water canon controls and the
main pumps controls are duplicated in the cab.
Radios, controls and factory 4x4 controls are laid
out for easy addition of more radios and equipment.
Radios are mounted for easy removal for servicing
The control design is flexible. 3W will work with
you to design the control configuration your
department wants for its engine.
AVComm International FREEDOM Wireless ™ Blue Tooth
Headsets are provided for the Captain & Engineer. Additional
AVComm radios are provided for the 3 fire fighters.
This custom cab provides
extra leg room.
The doors swing out 90°
for fully equipped fire
Engine & Pump
A Steyr monoblock engine and Waterous CPK 3 two
stage pump make up the heart of this Type 3 engine.
Steyr engines are used in marine, military, aviation and
other applications. Steyr’s injection technology allows
exceptional combination of torque and speed.
Designed to include marine applications the engines
are highly corrosion resistant. Additional the engines
provide quite, smooth power by using a 2-stage
injection system. The injection system is powered by
the overhead camshaft and uses a self-bleeding electric
priming pump. Noise emission over the important
operating ranges is less than that of gasoline engines.
Waterous pumps are reputed to be the most
The mono-block design offers several advantages; efficient pumps available. Connecting this pump to
homogeneous alloy for reduced wear and precision the Steyr engine rather than low power PTO’s
machining, less vibration and excellent cooling. allows it to be fully powered for excellent delivery.
TFT Tornado RC Water Canon
Rugged, powder coated aluminum make this water canon
one of the leading fire fighting and agent delivery systems
Type 3 Engine
Hadley Power Reel Control
1 inch (2.5cm) x 100 ft (34m) Hose
Electric Power Reel installed. Optional air or
hydraulic power available.
w/3.5” Color Monitor
The standard rearview mirror is replaced with a
bright 3.5” (8.9cm) color monitor connected to
a wide angle camera.
Specifications PUMP ENGINE
• Steyr Auxiliary Type 144V/MO144M33
Apparatus Body • 4 Cylinder 2.1L/130ci 110hp@3,000rpm
• Diesel USA-EPA Tier 2
• Aluminum Body Design
• Mono Block (No Cylinder Heads) Sealed Cooling
• ROM Roll-up Doors (Other Styles Available)
• Turbo Charged w/Intercooler
• All compartments include rope lighting
• Code 3 Exterior Lights Standard
• 3 Bostrom Tanker 400 CT Rear Seats w/SCUBA Tanks
• 3 Rear Seat AVComm Wired Headsets CHASSIS
• 2 Wireless Blue Tooth AVComm Headsets for the Engineer &
• 4x4 Dodge 5500 2Ton 4Door 5Man Fire Fighter
Captain – 500ft/152m Range
• All Headsets w/Push-to-Talk between Radios – Connections for
• Legendary Cummings 6.7L Turbo
• 6 Speed Automatic Transmission w/Pump & Roll
• TFT Tornado Frt. Bumper Mount Water Canon w/Control from
Cab & Remote
• Factory Exhaust Brake & Largest Disc Brakes in
• Removable Winch w/Front/Rear Bumper Mounts w/Remote
• 50,000PSI Commercial Grade Steel Frame Rails
• In Cab Backup Camera
196L/52 Gallon Fuel Tank, largest std. in class
• Curb Side Hydraulic Ladder Lift System
• TFT Inlet Ball Valve w/Adj. Pressure Override
• 3 – 2.5in/6.3cm Discharges PUMP
• 2 – 1.5in/3.8cm Overhead Cross Lays • Waterous CPK 3 Two Stage
• 100ft/30m Rear 1in/2.5cm Hadley Aluminum Hose Reel • 500gpm/1900lpm @ 150psi/10bar – Max 60gpm/3,028 lpm
• 4in/10cm TFT Suction Line @ 800 psi/55 bar
• Compressed Air Foam Injection System Available
TANK • Gel Ready System Available (installed this engine)
• 516gallon/1,953Liters UPF Poly Tank
• Built-in Gel Mixing Capability (Fire & Ice Equipped)
Ph: 760-743-2466 – 3WFireAndEquipment.com
3W’s Rapid Response Type 3 Engine is an excellent blend of new and proven technology.
This Type 3 Engine provides more capacity and power per pound than other Type 3’s.
The 3W engine meets the standards for a wild land engine with many Urban engine standards.
The engine can handle water, gel and foam. It is a true multi-function engine company.
A Cummings 6.7 liter engine provides ample power and long life.
Heavy duty Dodge design provides good highway handling and factory exhaust break.
Dodge heavy duty breaks (largest in class) and strong 4x4 power train are ideal.
The light weight 19,500 gvw avoids the need for a Class-A driver’s license.
Most features and equipment are optional, just ask for what you want.
Ph: 760-743-2466 – 3WFireAndEquipment.com