HEALTH FACILITIES and
DURING CRM VISIT
Major MH Strategies
24 X 7 PHCs Operationalization.
Janani Suraksha Yojana.
Safe Abortion Services.
Maternal Health Trainings: LSAS, EmOC, SBA..
• Quality ANC:
At least 4 ANC (including registration) which includes full
clinical/Abdominal examination along with measurement of Weight.
Hb and Urine Examination.
2 TT examinations.
Consumption of at least 100 IFA tablets.
Counselling including preparation of Birth Plan.
• Institutional Delivery:
Increased Institutional Delivery with Quality of Care.
Institutional Stay for 48 hrs.
• Post Partum Care:
2 Post Partum Check up.
Quality Of care during Post Partum.
• Detection of Complications, Referral and Management.
Analysis: FRU Operationalization
• Identification of Nodal person both at State and District Level.
• Mapping of resources done.
• Bottlenecks identified.
• Linkages with manpower/ training/ BSC etc.
• Has the budgeting been done under different heads (as mentioned
in earlier slide).
• Has the running cost been taken in account e.g. for gensets has
the allocation for POL done or funds have been marked for AMC.
• Salary Component taken into account.
• Monitoring Mechanism established.
• Administrative actions undertaken.
VHNDs planned for 2008-09:
Health personnel involved:
Monitoring mechanism/ Supervision ensured:
Fund for VHNDs allotted:
Skilled Based Training: LSAS, EmOC &
• Adequate Funds Released.
• Adequate and Devoted Trainers.
• Training Curriculum being followed.
• Monitoring during training.
• Focus on Quality.
Posting of trained MOs:
• Should be posted at FRUs/ 24 * 7 PHCs.
• Linkage of training/ Availability of Specialist.
• Strengthen the FRU/ 24 * 7 PHCs in terms of other logistics like
equipments, drugs, infrastructure etc.
Monitoring: District/ State Program Officers.
Focus on quality.
Maternal Health Training: LSAS/EmOC/SBA
Mapping of facilities where the trained personnel
will be posted along with their strengthening.
Strengthening of facilities where these Skilled
Based Trainings are to be undertaken.
Monitoring Plan: QA Cells.
• Strengthening of Training institutes.
• Strengthening of facilities where Trainees will be posted.
• Expenditures incurred during training.
• Facility Observation Checklist
• District: __________Name of Institution: _______ Date of visit: ________________
• Service provision
• Routine Delivery Services (24 hours) Yes/ No
• Manage common obstetric complications Yes/ No
• C section Yes/ No
• MTP Regular/ Periodic
• Staff availability
• Obgyn Specialist/Trained M.O Yes/ No
• Anesthesiologist/trained M.O Yes/ No
• Staff Nurses/ANMs at least (3) Yes/ No
• Lab Technicians Yes/ No
• Equipments and Supplies
Injection Magnesium Sulphate Yes/ No
• MVA kits Yes/ No
• Inj. Oxytocin Yes/ No
• Boyles appratus Yes/ No
• Partographs Yes/ No
• Colour coded waste bins Yes/ No
• Ambu Bag/ Radiant Warmer
• Equipments for CS.
• Facility Infrastructure
• Labour room condition Yes/ No
• Running water supply Yes/ No
• Plans for hospital bio-waste disposal Yes/ No
• Visual Privacy in labour room Yes/ No
• Visual privacy in OPD Yes/ No
• Back-up power facility Yes/ No
• Referral Services
• Availability of ambulance /outsourced vehicle: Yes/ No
• Client Convenience
• Covered waiting area Yes/ No
• Separate fn & clean toilets for M/F Yes/ No
• Signage to guide clients Yes/ No
• Record Review Average no of monthly Institutional Deliveries for last 5