CITY OF AMARILLO
2010 SPRING SOFTBALL LEAGUE BY-LAWS
ELIGIBILITY: Any organized team in Amarillo or the surrounding area is eligible to enter as a team at the
discretion of the Parks and Recreation Department (P.A.R.D.), providing it subscribes to these rules and
regulations. MUST SUPPLY A E:MAIL ADDRESS TO THE P.A.R.D. OFFICE.
NATIONAL ORGANIZATION FEES: To be eligible to participate in sanctioned leagues and
tournaments, your team must be registered through the National Organization.
ROSTERS: Teams may carry as many players on their rosters as desired, but after twelve (12) on men
and women and fourteen (14) on Mixed an additional $15.00 per player will be charged. Once a player
is on the roster they will count, they cannot be removed, the City Staff can mark a line through the player,
but it still will count as one being on your roster. City will be checking roster during the season.
1. Minimum age is sixteen (16). Waiver sign by parent to play under minimum age.
2. Only coaches or assigned assistant coach can add to the rosters, coaches will be asked to show
I.D. when adding to rosters.
3. Players must be on rosters 24 hours prior to next league game
4. No players may transfer to another team unless approved thru P.A.R.D.
5. Players may not play on more than one team per night
6. No players may be added to roster after May 28, 2010 or for playoffs
UNIFORMS: Team uniforms are desirable
1. Players must wear shirts ALL A LINE (same color) with a 6 inch permanent number on
back (New Rule for 2010)
2. Shirt requirement enforced on April 9, 2010
UMPIRES AND SCOREKEEPERS: No abuse of the umpires or scorekeepers will be tolerated. Any
abuse will subject that person to suspension from the league. This includes before, during and after
1. Completed starting line up cards must be turned in to the scorekeeper ten minutes prior to
scheduled game time.
2. Line up card must have last name, first name or initial, and shirt number
CONDUCT of Team/Players:
1. Coach is responsible for their team conduct
2. Teams could be suspended from P.A.R.D. leagues and tournaments
3. Damage done to facilities will be grounds for suspension and person causing the damage will
4. Players ejected for fighting will be suspended for one year
5. Coaches are the only personnel allowed to discuss calls with the umpires
PLAYER EJECTION: (Automatically)
1. First offense: for at least the next three league games with that team
2. Second offense: suspension from all teams for the next five games
3. If the Police are called minimum suspension of five games on all teams
4. Must leave the complex or playing field area
5. Forfeit of the game if player does not leave the area
UMPIRE EJECTION APPEAL PROCEDURE:
1. Athletic Supervisor will not hear complaints about umpire ejections
2. Player must call P.A.R.D. office (378-9301) by 12:00 Tuesday
3. $25.00 appeal fee must accompany players information in writing
4. Player may not play any more games the night/day of the ejection, but player may play until
they appeal before the Board (player will then fulfill their ejection if the Board does not
overrule the umpire) player must advise Athletic Staff of appeal the next working day by
10:00AM by calling the office at 378-9301.
5. Player must appeal to P.A.R.D. League Suspension Board
6. Board meets on Wednesday 5:15pm, Room 203, City Hall
It is the Managers responsibility to make sure an ejected player does not play in any games until
suspension is completed.
1. First Offense: Coach and player suspension for three games on all teams
2. Second Offense: Coach and player suspension for five games all teams
3. Rosters may be checked at random by umpires or City employees, players playing in games
that are not on roster could result in a forfeit of all those games.
4. Playing under assumed name player and coach could be suspended from P.A.R.D. leagues for
up to one year.
5. Players must be prepared to provide identification
PROTESTS: Rule Interpretations:
1. The Head umpire must be notified before the next legal or illegal pitch
2. Umpire will inform scorekeeper and opposing coach
3. The Scorekeeper will record point of protest
4. Team must file in writing to P.A.R.D. office protest within 48 hours
5. $25.00 protest fee must accompany written protest
6. Protest must comply with Official Rule Book
7. If protest is upheld, games will be replayed at point of protest, fee will be returned to team
PROTESTS: Ineligible Players:
1. The Head umpire must be notified during game
2. All players must have identification
3. If no identification game will be a forfeit
1. Any game that a fight breaks out could lead to a double forfeit of that game and the
players involved in the allocation could be suspended for up to a year. NO TRASPASSING
WILL BE PLACE ON THE PLAYERS!
SCHEDULING OF GAMES:
1. No exception as to game times or dates
2. Revivals and Graduations must be written on roster at time of registration
3. Teams cannot be guaranteed of equitable competitive league
4. Teams schedules are scheduled as fair as possible with information received on roster
TENTATIVE SCHEDULES FOR TEAMS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Men’s Leagues Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
Men’s Church Leagues Monday, Friday
Women’s Leagues Monday, Friday
Open Mixed Leagues Wednesday, Sunday
Church Mixed Leagues Thursday, Sunday
Master Program (men and women) Available on request
SCHEDULING OF MAKE UP GAMES: CHANGES OR MAKE UPS WILL NOT BE MAILED OUT,
MUST GO ON LINE TO VIEW SCHEDULE. www.amarilloparks.org PLAYOFFS WILL BE ON LINE!
GAME TIMES: GAME TIME IS FORFEIT TIME!!
1. Weekdays 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, 9:30, 10:30
2. Sundays 1:30, 2:30, 3:30, 4:30, 5:30
RAINOUTS: P.A.R.D. HOTLINE (378-4289) after 4:00pm
1. If a game is called because of weather or field conditions, all other games on that field that
day will be canceled.
2. Games will resume at point of rain delay (P.A.R.D. will reschedule)
3. Lineups should be the same before delay, if not, coach may substitute
4. Regulation game is four and half innings, if home team is ahead
Standings are located on the P.A.R.D. web site www.amarilloparks.org If standings are listed wrong, call
PARD office 378-9301
THE GAME: All games will be played under the Official USSSA 2010 Rules except:
1. Fifty-five (55) minute time limit
2. Fifteen run rule after three, twelve run rule after five innings
3. Seven innings, or time limit has expired game tied, all extra innings will be played with one
pitch rule, foul ball is an out (league play only)
4. No drinking of alcohol during games
5. No smoking on playing field, dugout area or press box
1. Men’ s leagues (mixed men leagues) will play with the CLASSIC M BALL”
2. Women’s leagues (mixed women leagues) shall use the 11 inch “CLASSIC W BALL”
1. Players must be employees of that company
2. Teams are allowed one (1) non company employees (must indicate on roster)
3. Special scheduling must be written on rosters at the time of registration
4. Shift workers must have shift calendar attached to roster
5. Personnel Manager must sign roster
1. Church teams roster must be an active member. Minister or (church secretary) of that church
must sign the roster
HOMERUN CLASSIFICATION: Men’s, Men’s Church and Men’s Mixed Leagues
League #8 is for recreation only
A. League #1 Four (4) Home Runs Limit (excess is an out)
B. League #2, #3 Three (3) Home Runs Limit (excess is an out)
C. League #4, #5 Two (2) Home Runs Limit (excess is an out)
D. League #6, #7 One (1) Home Run Limit (excess ends the inning & offensive ejection)
E. League #8 Zero (0) Home Run Limit (excess ends the inning & offensive ejection)
League #5 is for recreation only in Women’s leagues
Recreation Leagues #8 in men’s mixed and league #5 in women’s are for recreation only. Which mean only
want to have fun and even have players that have never played softball before. If any team run rules another
team in the recreation league could jeopardize that team from making the playoffs. No number one (1)
players can play in a 6 and below ranking. TEXAS E RULE ON HOMERUNS WILL BE IN EFFECT
FOR RANKING 6 AND BELOW.
Coaches are responsible for ensuring that each and every player is aware of the Parks and Recreation
No refund of entry fee after schedules has been handed out.
Umpires and scorekeepers critique sheets are available from scorekeepers. Return sheets either to the
scorekeeper or bring to P.A.R.D. office.
ALL GLASS CONTAINERS ARE PROHIBITED IN THE COMPLEXES!
SMOKING IS PROHIBITED UPSTAIRS AND DOWNSTAIRS IN THE PRESS BOXES
P.A.R.D. HOTLINE: Call 378-4289 (after 4:00pm) to find out if games will be cancelled due to
weather or field conditions or go to www.amarilloparks.org. Do Not Call
The Main Office to check on field conditions, MUST call the hot line.
TDD = 806-378-4229
Shirt Deadline Date: April 9, 2010
Last date to add to your rosters: May 28, 2010
Excess of home runs will either be an out or Texas E Rule. Texas E Rule: 1 & 2 home run is an
offensive ejection, 3rd home run ends the game.
Please Rank your team correct with the right number of home runs. If any team run rules another
team in the recreation league could jeopardize that team from making the playoffs. No number 1
players can play in a 6 and below ranking.
SCHEDULES WILL NOT BE MAILED OUT. TO FIND YOUR SCHEDULE TO GO:
www.amarilloparks.org Standings will also be on this site.
NO TIME EXCEPTIONS WILL BE ALLOWED FOR LEAGUE SCHEDULES
October 13, 2009 Approved ______________