CONDITIONS OF SALE ~ SPECIAL CATALOGED HORSE SALE
Registered horses- all ages & classes and broke, grade saddle horses
Open Preview Friday evening & Saturday morning
Sale 12:00 noon SATURDAY, May 12, 2012
MISSOULA LIVESTOCK EXCHANGE
8598 Robbins Road
MISSOULA, MT 59808
(406)728-3052 office (406)542-3586 fax
1. Sale is open to registered horses of all ages, and grade horses that are broke to ride.
Consignors agree to sell quality, sound horses. MLE considers sound: sound on all four
legs and feet, no respiratory problems, clear sight out of both eyes. Horses represented as
good broke horses must be broke to ride and not green. Green horses must be
represented as such. Any irregularities MUST be declared before horse sells. All horses will
be run through a quick visual examination by our vet for obvious defects. Any irregularities
found by the vet will be announced by the auctioneer.
2. All horses consigned to the sale MUST be halter broke.
3. All ORIGINAL registration certificates, transfer reports, breeders certificates and foal
applications must be signed by the legal owner or legal agent, and MUST accompany your
consignment fee and entry form. If these are not received by the deadline, horses will NOT
4. Horses will be cataloged and sold in the order that entries are received.
5. Consignors are limited to 5 horses per owner. If consigning more than one horse, positions
will be adjusted to allow time to get horses ready. .
6. In-state sellers need a current brand inspection, or a permit to Missoula Livestock
Exchange, Missoula, MT.
7. Coggins tests are appreciated but not required for in-state consignors. While not required, if
you do have a coggins test done it will encourage out-of-state buyers to bid on your horse.
Our vet will be available to do the coggins test for $27.50 if the horse is at the yards by 5:00
p.m. Friday. After that time the test will increase to $50.00. Please fill out the coggins
question on the entry form.
8. Out-of-state sellers need a current coggins test, health certificate, import permit, and brand
inspection. Stallions only (13 months +) will also need a negative EVA test.
9. Pictures can be put in the catalog. There will be an additional $5.00 charge. Pictures will
print in black and white. Please send the pictures in WITH your entry form.
10. The check-in of horses will be from 1:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. Friday. Please try to bring
your horses at this time. Horses needing a Coggins test need to be here by 5:00 p.m.
11. Pens will be available Friday at 1:00 p.m. Shavings will be provided. Hay will be provided
by the yards, or you can bring your own.
12. Camper parking will be permitted.
13. The arena will be open Friday afternoon and Saturday morning for showing your horses.
Livestock will be available.
14. Horses MUST be at the yards by 8:00 a.m. Saturday.
15. All horses consigned MUST go through the sale. Horses pulled from the sale will be
charged a $200.00 penalty fee. The return of any papers turned in will be held until this fee
has been settled.
16. Missoula Livestock and its representatives are not responsible for incorrect or misprinted
information in the catalogs. Announcements made from the auction block will take
precedence over any printed material.
17. Missoula Livestock Exchange acts only as an agent. Any guarantees, written or implied, are
between the buyer and seller. All guarantees announced from the auction block will be
under the authorization of the seller not the auction company.
18. Brood mares sold in foal will not have a LFG (Live Foal Guarantee).
19. Upon purchase of an animal, registration papers will be given immediately if payment is
made by cash. We do not accept credit cards. Persons paying by check will be mailed their
papers within 30 days.
20. All seller checks will be mailed within 10 business days after the sale providing all matters
of new title are satisfied.
21. All persons attending the horse sale do so at their own risk. Neither management nor any
people connected with Missoula Livestock Exchange will assume any liability, legal or
otherwise, for accidents to persons or property, before, during, or after the sale.
22. We are limiting the sale to approximately 125 horses so please send your applications and
fees in early. Horses will be sold in the order that entries are received.
23. Horses WILL NOT be cataloged if entry fees and all papers required are not received by
HORSE SALE FEES:
****Consignment Fee: $50.00 Non-refundable (money required with entry form)
****Facility Fee: $10.00 (money required with entry form)
****Pictures: $ 5.00 Per Photo (money required with entry form)
Commission: 7% (OF WHAT THE HORSE SELLS FOR) Minimum of $50.00
Brand Inspection: $6.00 (THE INSPECTORS PHYSICALLY LOOK AT THE HORSE FOR BRANDS OR
NO BRAND AND VERIFY THE OWNERSHIP PAPERWORK IS IN ORDER.)
Buy Back Fee: 7% of the last bid taken, minimum of $50.00
Insurance: .25 cents per $100.00 (EXAMPLE: A $1,000.00 HORSE WOULD PAY $2.50)
Vet Check: $ 10.00 (VISUAL EXAM BY THE VET)
Horses Pulled from the sale will be charged $200.00 plus all fees paid
Entry forms (also available on missoulalivestock.com) must be received by
Friday, April 6, 2012.
Please include your consignment fee, facility fee and picture fee (if applies),
and all ORIGINAL papers and transfers, with your entry form. (Do Not
Include Brand Inspection.)
PLEASE ASK YOUR QUESTIONS BEFORE ENTERING YOUR HORSE.
**** Send entry form with entry fee check made payable to Missoula Livestock
Exchange for $60.00 per horse (add $5.00 for a picture) to:
Missoula Livestock Exchange
P.O. Box 17200
Missoula, MT 59808
Please keep these Conditions of Sale for future reference.
MISSOULA LIVESTOCK EXCHANGE ~ MAY 12 , 2012 CATALOGED HORSE SALE ENTRY FORM
OWNER: _____________________________________________ (HOW IT WILL APPEAR IN CATALOG)
NAME OF HORSE: ______________________________________________________ AGE: ___________
BREED: ___________________________________ REG #:______________________________________
DATE FOALED: ____________ COLOR: _________________ SEX: __________ HEIGHT _______ hh
TYPE OF HORSE:
Team Roping ______ Calf Roping ______ Ranch Horse ______ Cutting ______ Barrel ______
Team Penning ______ Arena ______ Trail _______ Other _____________________________________
BROOD MARES IN FOAL:
Service Sire: __________________________________ Dates: ___________________________________
COGGINS TEST: _______ Will bring with horse to sale _______ Will need tested on Friday
_______ Will NOT be getting a coggins test
COMMENTS TO BE PRINTED IN CATALOG:
NAME: ___________________________________ Phone # __________________ Cell #_________________
I HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE CONDITIONS OF SALE AND HEREBY WARRANT TITLE
TO EACH HORSE I CONSIGN. Signature _____________________________________ Date _______________
DOLLAR AMOUNT ENCLOSED ($60.00 PER HORSE/ $5.00 PER PICTURE): ____________________________
TO HELP US WITH ADVERTISING PLEASE LET US KNOW HOW YOU HEARD OF THIS SALE: ___________
PLEASE MAIL COMPLETED FORM TO: MISSOULA LIVESTOCK EXCHANGE (406) 728-3052
ENTRY DEADLINE APRIL 6, 2012 P.O. BOX 17200 MISSOULA, MT 59808