TAXcess Convenient online
access to your business tax accounts
Your Guide to
Sign Up for TAXcess
Using TAXcess is simple. Follow these easy steps. The time you
save on paperwork can be spent directly on your business.
Before you get started you will need the following: • Click NEXT.
• Legal or “operating as” name of business and business • Confirm the information on this screen. Click YES to
structure submit the request.
• Recent tax returns for each tax account, specifically: • A confirmation number is issued to confirm the
online sign up. You will receive an e-mail
– account number confirmation with your authorization code. Keep this
– account type for your records. The authorization code is only
– last payment amount. required the first time you sign in to TAXcess. For
your records, print the information you provided to
• Contact information you wish to supply to Manitoba sign up for TAXcess by clicking PRINT.
Finance – Taxation Division. • Click OK.
STEP 1 • If you add access to your RST and/or HE account(s),
you will receive a reminder e-mail that your tax return(s)
Sign Up for TAXcess are due and should be filed on TAXcess. If you prefer
• Ensure you have a copy of your most recently filed tax to receive a paper return, you can update your
return for each tax account you would like to access preference once you have signed into TAXcess.
• Visit manitoba.ca/TAXcess and click Sign Up Now for
TAXcess. Add Tax Accounts and
– Note: You must complete all fields. Change your Online Profile, E-mail
• Create your own unique “sign in” user identification and Address and Return Reminder
– Note: Password must be 7 to15 characters long and • If you are signed out of TAXcess, sign in again by
include UPPER CASE letters, lower case letters and entering the user Id and password you created in
numbers. Symbols are not accepted.
Step 1. Click SIGN IN.
• Confirm your identity by providing an existing account
• To add additional online accessible accounts, click
number and account type from your most recently filed Add Access to Another Existing Account.
tax return. You will also need to provide your business
legal or “operating as” name and business structure. • From your most recently filed tax return for this new
account, enter the account type, account number,
• Establish your contact information. Enter the e-mail
postal code and the amount paid last period.
address where Manitoba Finance – Taxation Division will
be able to send you e-mail notices for transaction • Click NEXT.
confirmation. The phone number you provide should be • From your most recently filed tax return for the
one where Manitoba Finance – Taxation Division can account number you have entered, complete the
contact you during regular business hours. required field. If you have not filed any tax returns
• Select your secret question and answer. for this account, indicate that here.
• Click NEXT. • Click NEXT.
• From your most recently filed tax return, confirm your • Confirm the information on this screen. Click YES to
account type and account number. Enter your postal code submit the request.
and the amount paid last period. • A confirmation number is issued to confirm your
• Click NEXT. request. For your records, print the information you
provided to add an online account by clicking
• From your most recently filed tax return for the account
number you have entered, complete the required field. If
you have not filed any tax returns for this account, • Click OK.
indicate that here.
MANITOBA means BUSINESS
• Repeat these steps to add additional accounts or STEP 4
alternatively, click My Profile and then click Add
Account. File Retail Sales and/or
• To view your online profile, click My Profile. To change any
Health and Education Tax Returns
details for your online profile, click Change. • If you are signed out of TAXcess, sign in again by
entering the user Id and password you created in Step
To change your password, click My Profile and then click 1. Click SIGN IN.
• Click on the retail sales or health and education tax
•To change your e-mail address, click My Profile and then account number in the My Accounts section.
click Change. Alternatively, click My Options, click on My
Profile and then click Change. • Click File a Return and click on or enter the applicable
filing period or click File Now for the period to be filed.
•To view your return reminder preference and e-mail
address, click My Options. To change your return • Provide the information for the required fields. Click
reminder preference, click Change. NEXT.
• Review the information on this screen for accuracy. If
changes are required, click CANCEL to return to the
STEP 3 account summary screen. The figure in Amount to be
Paid should be changed if you are not paying the
Add Pre-Authorized Payment (PAD) amount in Total Amount Due. Click NEXT.
Payment Sources • Confirm the information on this screen. Click YES to
to your Online Account submit the request.
• If you are signed out of TAXcess, sign in again by entering • A confirmation number is issued to confirm the
the user Id and password you created in Step 1. Click transaction. Print your return by clicking PRINT
SIGN IN. RETURN or PRINT.
• To add a Pre-Authorized Payment (PAD) payment • Click PROCEED TO PAD PAYMENT to make a PAD
source(s) to your account, click Add PAD Payment payment on the tax account or click OK to return to the
Source. account summary page.
• Enter the name of the financial institution from which you 5
would like to make your payments. A unique name must STEP
be assigned to each payment account if you are setting up Make Payments to Retail Sales,
multiple accounts at the same financial institution (i.e.
Bank1 and Bank2) Health and Education, Corporation
• Enter the bank and branch number and account number. Capital, Fuel and/or
Click on either chequing or savings account type. International Fuel Tax Agreement
• Click NEXT. (IFTA) Tax Accounts
• Review and verify the information on the Pre-Authorized • If you are signed out of TAXcess, sign in again by
Payment Agreement Form. Read the terms and entering the user Id and password you created in Step
conditions of the Pre-Authorized Payment Agreement by 1. Click SIGN IN.
clicking on one of the Terms and Conditions links on the • Click the tax account number requiring a payment in
screen or by clicking on Pre-Authorized Payment Terms & the My Accounts section.
Conditions under Help. Once you have read and agreed
• Click Make a PAD Payment and click on the type of
to the terms and conditions of the Agreement, check the
payment to make or click Pay for the period to be paid.
box and enter your answer to the secret question you
chose during sign up in Step 1. Click SAVE. • For an account payment (i.e. payment of arrears or
balance outstanding), enter the payment amount and
• If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of the
date, select your PAD payment source and verify all
Agreement, click CANCEL.
information. Click SUBMIT.
– Note: Clicking CANCEL will not allow payments to be
• For a return or corporation capital tax instalment
payment, click on or enter the applicable period, enter
• You have successfully added a PAD payment source. It is the payment amount and date, select your PAD
listed in the PAD Payment Sources section of My Profile. payment source and verify all information. Click
You can also view and print the Pre-Authorized Payment SUBMIT
• Enter your answer to the secret question you chose
• You can repeat these steps to add more PAD payment during sign up in Step 1. Click YES to submit the PAD
sources. You can also add a PAD payment source under payment.
My Profile by clicking on Add Source.
• A confirmation number is issued to confirm the
• To delete a PAD payment source, click DELETE FIN. transaction. Print your payment request by clicking
INSTITUTION ACCT. If you are sure you want to delete PRINT. Click OK to complete.
your PAD payment source, click SAVE.
• Please note that you can also make a retail sales,
• Click HOME to return to the taxpayer summary page. health and education and/or IFTA tax account payment
through your financial institution’s online bill payment
process. Visit your financial institution for information.
Telephone: 204-945-5603 or Manitoba toll-free 1-800-782-0318
Hours: Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays), 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., CST
How to E-mail: TAXcess@gov.mb.ca
We will reply to your inquiry within one business day.
Contact Fax: 204-945-0896
We will reply to your inquiry within two business days of receipt of your fax.
Us: Mail: Manitoba Finance
415 - 401 York Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3C 0P8
We will reply to your inquiry within two business days of receipt of your letter.