Feedback Form for Long-Term Foreign Training Programmes
A. Basic Data
2. E-Mail Address
4. Nominated for Long Term
5. Name of the Course
6. Year of participation
7. Course Theme
8. Country in which Course was
9. Was the information about the
programme provided by the
University/Institute before your
10. If no, pls explain
B. 1. Please give your comments on the course design and the
methodology employed in the programme.
2. Which parts of the programme were
(a) Most Useful (and why)
(b) Least Useful (and why)
3. Please give your comments on the relevance of the course to
your current or future assignments.
4. What are your major Long Term gains from the Training
5. Considering your job profile, in what capacity can the learning
from the programme be put to best use of?
6. What are the 3 new skills/tools/approaches you leant during
7. How do you plan to use the new skills and knowledge in your
current/future position? (Open-ended)
8. Please indicate as to what you expect to achieve within 3 – 6 months
immediately after training.
9. In what specific respects would you like the programme to be
adapted to the Indian context?
C. Monitoring of Training
Please indicate your level of agreement with these statements in
terms of the following scale:
1 = Strongly Disagree 2 = Disagree 3 = Neutral
4 = Agree 5 = Strongly Agree
S.No. Statement Scale
(i) I learnt new skills/ new knowledge and perspectives by
participating in the course
(ii) Course content (examples cited, techniques taught, etc)
was adapted to Indian context
(iii) The course materials were well-organized, well-written, and
easy to follow
(iv) The course was well-structured
(v) The quality of course instructors was good
(vi) The pace of the course was appropriate
(vii) There were sufficient opportunities during the course for
(viii) The course was relevant to my role and duties as a govt.
(ix) The course will assist my future career development
(x) The course is best learnt in a Western/ US institute
(xi) Presence of regular university students in class created
seriousness towards studies
(xii) Presence of students from diverse backgrounds enriched
the classroom discussions
(xiii) Impact of foreign training on my subsequent performance
in job has been substantial
(xiv) I would recommend this course to other officers of my
(xv) The placement at the end of the training is made with due
consideration to the type of foreign training received by
(xvi) The Programme was useful in imparting a fair knowledge
of the International Best Practices in the given field.
D. Class room environment
1. Did you study in a class which also consisted of local students?
Yes, it was a regular university program 1
No, I studied as part of an exclusive batch of in-service officers 2
2. Number of Indian officers in the class:
3. Total number of students in the class:
4. How many hours of mandatory class work per week on an average
did you put in during the program?
No. of hours:
5. How many weeks of organization-based training/ practical training/
field training did you undergo?
No. of weeks:
6. Did the programme have field visits/ attachments? If so,please
describe briefly and comment on the quality and usefulness of such
E. Support systems (Accommodation etc.)
1. Were you provided accommodation by the Institute?
2. At what distance (from the Campus) did you stay?
3. Did your children attend school abroad (during your stay
4. If yes, what is your rating on the(i) ease of getting children
enrolled (ii) quality of education imparted. Give any suggestions
with respect to the children’s education?
5. Please indicate the points which you feel the Department of
Personnel and Training should take up with the University/
6. Your suggestions for improving the Programme (not more than