Answers to bidder questions:
1. Re window measurements for mini-blinds: There are five windows that will need mini blinds.
These windows are all 94.5 inches wide, four of them are 42.25 inches in height, one of them is
42.5 inches in height. These are inside measurements; all blinds will be inside mount, white in
2. We intend to reuse the partitions in the bathrooms. New partitions for additional fixtures must
match in terms of color, hardware, and material. All hardware is brushed stainless steel, all
finishes on the partitions are powder coat finish in grey. Original manufacturers of the
partitions is Knickerbockers Partition, http://www.knickerbockerpartition.com/ , and Zurn
Products, http://www.zurnproducts.com/ .
3. All fixture finishes should match existing: faceplates, flushes, faucets, paper towel receptacles,
door handles, hinges, etc. are brushed stainless.
4. Fire extinguisher cabinets must closely match those in general use in the building. Fire
extinguisher cabinets are finished in brushed stainless steel, they must be recessed into the wall
with no more than a 3/8” rolled- edge flat trim, door is flush with the cabinet and attached by a
continuous hinge. Narrow view window into the cabinet. No lock. Interior tub is white powder
finish. The current, acceptable fire extinguisher cabinets are by JL Industries. Owner has final
say on any style variations.
5. Owner will be responsible for all communications wiring, will coordinate with the builder for
6. Preferred time to completion is 90 calendar days from start date. Saturday work days can be
made available. Extended hours can be made available. Builder and owner can agree on final
schedule which will then be specified in the contract.
7. Access to the building is through door off the alley. This door is secured with a swipe lock which
will be set for vendor access. All workers will be issued security tags, which must be returned
upon completion of the project.
8. If builder and owner agree that new carpeting is needed in refurbished areas, the carpeting
must be as specified for other areas in the project.