Homefinders Realty, Inc.
210 N. Hwy 71
Neosho, MO 64850
Caroline Colasanti ®
Cell (417) 389-2942
Why not look at these common mistakes most buyers make, and take the time to reflect
on these 5 areas of concern.
5 Common First-Time Home Buyer Mistakes
1. They don’t ask enough questions of their lender and end up missing out on the best
2. They don’t act quickly enough to make a decision and someone else buys the house.
3. They don’t find the right agent who’s willing to help them through the homebuying
4. They don’t do enough to make their offer look appealing to a seller.
5. They don’t think about resale before they buy. The average first-time buyer only stays
in a home for four years.
Here are some personal suggestions:
Why not shop around for different types of loans, lenders, and options. All
lenders will be very helpful, but you need to compare costs as well as
suggested “pre-approved” amounts, down payment options, etc.
Yes, it is still a buyers market, but an offer should not insult the seller. Your
Realtor can help you research current comps in the area. Negotiation is give
If you have done your homework, you will be ready to make a decision and
get that “house of your dreams.”
Contact one agent to show you all the homes in the area. Each Realtor has
information on all homes listed by all agencies on the same MLS. And why
not contact me if you are buying in the Southwest part of Missouri.
Reprinted from REALTOR® magazine (REALTOR.org/realtormag) with permission of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®.
Copyright 2008. All rights reserved.