Docstoc

DATE

Document Sample
DATE Powered By Docstoc
					                                   Olney Runners Athletic
                                       Club - Minutes
                                      Committee Meeting
                                      12 November 2009

        Location –   Jackie Tite’s House, Olney

        Present –     Dave Pepper – Club Captain
                      Kevin Minter – Vice President
                      Sarah Allen –Treasurer
                      Jackie Tite – Membership Secretary
                      Anne-Marie Hunter – Social Secretary
                      Dave Oxtoby – Race Secretary
                      Jane Hughes – Secretary

        Apologies     Alec Patterson – Vice Captain

   Discussed items with key outcomes and             Action          Action   Status
   decisions                                         Item            Owner
01 Coach training – Ashley & Amanda attended.        Inform Ash      DP       30 Nov
   Sharon, Juliette, Nicky, Alison still to attend   & Amanda to
                                                     contact
                                                     Sarah to get
                                                     fee refund
02 JC’s request for modifications to 1 July          Circulate       JH       22 Nov
   Committee minutes to be made                      suggested
                                                     amended
                                                     wording to
                                                     Committee
03                                                   Change          JH       30 Nov
                                                     minute
                                                     wording
                                                     once agreed
04                                                   Inform JC of    JH       30 Nov
                                                     changes
05 Photos on website                                 Check with      DO       30 Nov
                                                     Ash that he’s
                                                        taking over
                                                        from Alec
06 2010 Fee Structure Proposal                          Circulate   JT   22 Nov
   Current fee structure, allowing member to pay        proposal to
   £2 per session, served Club well in past. Now,       Committee &
   with 200+ members, need solution to major            then
   admin issues.                                        members
   Proposal:                                            before AGM
   - aim to have just enough Club funds to cover
   all training sessions want to offer to members
   - no longer collect £2 cash at training session
   - “Try Before You Buy” over 4 week time period
   for new runners to cover all sessions
   - then lump sum, dependant on time through
   year (Q1-£40, Q2-£30, Q3-£20, Q4-£10
   - record £2 per session, can carry forward to
   next year if in credit
   - “early bird” fee of £30 for payment in Jan
   - Family membership - £60
   - “early bird” family fee of £55 for payment in
   Jan
   - student / over 60s - £20
   - this would be a training fee, not a membership
   fee

    KM proposed Club charges for circuit training
    Proposal rejected by majority (2 for, 5 against)
    Agreement to revisit track and circuit funding in
    2010.

    JT proposed changes to fee structure.
    Proposal accepted by majority (6 for, 1 against)


07 2010 Affiliation Proposal
   DP proposed we continue as we are:
      - Bucks Athletics Assoc
      - England Athletics
      - British Triathlon Federation
   Issue with EA – Club can affiliate but individuals
   must also affiliate. JT happy to continue the
   admin of individual affiliation
   Proposal accepted by majority (7 for, 0 against)
08 AGM agenda discussed and agreed.                     Circulate   JH   25 Nov
   Focus races will be discussed at Jan 2010          agenda to
   Committee meeting                                  members
09 Virgin London Marathon                             Email           DO     22 Nov
                                                      members
                                                      asking for
                                                      self-
                                                      nominations
                                                      for the draw
10 2009 Club Objectives                               Circulate       JT     25 Nov
                                                      retention
                                                      figures
11                                                    Circulate       JH     25 Nov
                                                      objectives to
                                                      Committee
12 2010 Committee nominations.                        Remind          JH     16 Nov
   Only one person nominated himself so far.          members to
   Deadline is 22 Nov                                 nominate
                                                      themselves
                                                      for
                                                      Committee
                                                      roles and
                                                      Webmaster
13 Cashflow – coaching and track fees                 Book track:     JH     30 Nov
   SA shares cashflow projections (including          Dec 7, 14
   squeaky bone race)                                 Jan 11, 18,
   Enough money is available for all agreed coach     25
   training to take place in 2010, booking of track
   in Dec & Jan, and support for Toni’s coach
   training
14 Treasurer & Webmaster handover
   SA distributed a document
15 Brian Mead                                         Send            A-MH   19 Nov
   A-M Hunter proposed that the Club pay for Brian    invitation to
   & his partner to attend Christmas party, in        Brian
   thanks and recognition of his significant
   contribution as a coach over the last 3 years
   Proposal accepted by majority (7 for, 0 against)
16 Recently received email to Committee from          Email           DP     17 Nov
   sports therapist.                                  apology to
   Lengthy discussion took place around any email     sports
   a Committee member sends to the Club having        therapist for
   the perception that it is the views & has the      any offence
   endorsement of the Committee as a whole and /      caused
   or the Committee member in their official Club
     capacity. All Committee members agreed that
     this is not appropriate and that going forward a
     Committee member will make it clear in emails
     to members if they are saying something as an
     individual rather than in a Committee member
     capacity.
17                                                      Draft email   JT & JH   30 Nov
                                                        for
                                                        Committee &
                                                        then
                                                        members to
                                                        clarify the
                                                        point of
                                                        Committee
                                                        members
                                                        sending out
                                                        emails in an
                                                        official
                                                        capacity or
                                                        as
                                                        individuals
18 Training times                                       Send out      JT        30 Nov
   Discussion took place on what the official Wed       email to
   training times are. It has never formally stated     members
   so to avoid confusion, members should be             stating that
   aware of registration and potential finishing        registrations
   times                                                starts from
                                                        6.50pm,
                                                        training
                                                        starts at
                                                        7pm &
                                                        training can
                                                        finish from 8
                                                        – 8.30pm
19 Join training sessions with Biggleswade Running
   Club.
   The principle was agreed. Consider such
   sessions in summer 2010.
20 AGM Meeting same date as Olney Late Night            Email         JH        30 Nov
   Shopping Spectacular                                 members to
                                                        remind them
                                                        of AGM &
                                                        shortage of
                                                        parking
21 Date of next meeting – 6 January 2010


        Outstanding action items from previous meeting – 07/10/09

   Discussed items with key outcomes and             Action         Action     Status
   decisions                                         Item           Owner
08 Roles & responsibilities of Committee member      Committee      All        Jan
   roles. Discussions took place around activities   members                   2010
   that could be carried out by non-Committee        consider
   members e.g. affiliation, website, grants,        taking on
   publicity, health & safety / insurance, photos,   additional
   race results, coaching                            activities
11 Discussions took place around ensuring that       Review once    All        6 Jan
   each coaching group had representation on the     2010                      2010
   Committee in 2010.                                Committee
                                                     in place
14                                                   Book small     JH         2 Dec
                                                     room for all
                                                     other
                                                     Committee
                                                     meetings

        Outstanding action items from previous meetings - 16/09/09

   Discussed items with key outcomes and             Action         Action     Status
   decisions                                         Item           Owner
09 JC raised question over July meeting minutes      Share          DP         2 Dec
   that has not had a response                       question
                                                     with
                                                     Committee.
                                                     Discuss at
                                                     next
                                                     meeting


        Outstanding action items from previous meetings - 01/07/09 &
        13/07/09

No:   Minuted / Discussed Item     Action Item                    Action     Status
                                                                  Owner
03    New actions identified       Send photo and 5                          On hold
      Committee webpage            sentences to SA to put on
Committee webpage

				
DOCUMENT INFO
Shared By:
Categories:
Tags:
Stats:
views:5
posted:5/17/2012
language:Latin
pages:6