Created by Mr. Lord
Buying a car.
Read through all the sections of the following website (there are about 10 pages) and
answer the questions below. By the time you are done you should know all the important
elements of buying your car. Remember that people buy a car many times in their life so
this learning exercise will save you a ton of money. So instead of overpaying and making
the car dealer rich, you can spend the money you save on yourself and your family.
1. How does lengthening a loan period benefit the buyer?
2. How does lengthening a loan period benefit the seller?
3. How does raising the interest rate benefit the seller?
4. How does raising the interest rate benefit the buyer?
5. Is car insurance a cost factor we should consider when considering if we can
afford a new car?
6. Name 5 things we should consider when buying a used car.
7. Name two places we can shop for money that offer better prices that the car
8. Do car dealerships get a “payment” from the car company every time they
sell a car?
9. Are “rust proofing” and “security etching” options we should consider?
10. Why does car insurance cost so much? (Money 101-insurance-auto