BARRY M. ZIDE, D.M.D., M.D.!PROFESSOR OF PLASTIC SURGERY
Primary Hospital Affiliation Private Practice
NYU Langone Medical Center 420 East 55th Street!Suite #1D
Institute of Reconstructive & Plastic Surgery NY, NYC 10022!t 212-421-2424!f 212-421-2463
550 First Avenue!NY, NYC 10016 email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
t 212-263-5834!http://www.med.nyu.edu/ www.giantnevus.com www.hemangioma.com
B.S. (biology and philosophy) Boston College (Boston, MA) 1963-67
D.M.D. Tufts University (Boston, MA) 1971
OKU Honor Society
M.D. Tufts University (Boston, MA) 1973
AOA Honor Society
POST-DOCTORAL INTERNSHIPS, RESIDENCIES, AND FELLOWSHIPS
INTERNSHIPS & RESIDENCIES
- Intern in Surgery, Stanford Medical Center 1973-1974
Palo Alto, CA
- Resident in Surgery, Stanford Medical Center 1974-1976
Palo, Alto, CA
- Resident in Plastic Surgery, UNC School of Med, North Carolina Memorial Hospital 1976-1978
Chapel Hill, NC
CLINICAL & RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS (POST- RESIDENCY)
- Fellow, Head & Neck Surgery and Oncology, Roswell Park Memorial Institute 6/1978-12/1978
- Fellow, Microsurgery with Harry Buncke Jr., M.D., Ralph K. Davies Med Ctr., 1/1979-6/1979
San Fransisco, CA
- Fellow, Craniofacial Surgery, Instructor in Plastic Surgery with John Marquis Converse, 6/1979-6/1980
M.D., & Joseph G. McCarthy, M.D., NYU Med Ctr, Inst of Reconstructive Surgery
New York, NY
- Clinical Instructor, Plastic Surgery, Bellevue Hospital 1979-1981
New York, NY
- Assistant Professor of Surgery, Department of Plastic and Maxillofacial Surgery, 1980-1981
University of Virginia Medical Center
CIVIC INTERESTS (PRO-BONO SERVICES)
Honarary Police Surgeon (NYPD)
- Operations for members of NYPD and FDNY (pro-bono) 1985-present
- Honorary PBA State Police Surgeon (New York State Troopers- pro-bono) 2005-present
Senior Surgical Director of Head & Neck Vascular Malformations Clinic 1995- present
- Operations on clinic cases with residents (pro-bono)
- Senior Surgical Consultant to Surgical Section of Office of Professional. Medical 2001- 2011
Conduct (NY State)
LICENSURE & CERTIFICATIONS
National Board of Medical Examiners, Diplomate 1974-
New York State License Registrations 1979-present
American Board of Plastic Surgery, Diplomate 1981-present
Arizona Board of Medical License 1998- expired
Florida Board of Medical License 2006- expired
Clinical Instructor in Plastic Surgery, Bellevue Hospital 1979-1980
Assistant Professor of Plastic Surgery, New York University, tenured
Associate Professor of Plastic Surgery, New York University, tenured 1981-1999
Professor of Plastic Surgery 1999-present
Associate Professor of Surgery (Plastic), NYU Medical Center, NYC 1982-
Bellevue Hospital Center, NYC 1982-
Manhattan Veterans Administration Hospital, NYC 1982-
Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital, NYC 1982-
New York Eye & Ear Infirmary, NYC 1982-1985
Lenox Hill Hospital, NYC 1995-
Beth Israel Medical Center North, NYC (Now St. Luke’s/Roosevelt Hospital) 1996-
Professor of Plastic Surgery, NYU Medical Center, NYC 1999- present
Hospital for Joint Diseases, NYC 2006-
VISITING PROFESSORSHIPS (ASPS DESIGNATED BY INVITATION)
Eastern Virginia Medical Program, Norfolk, VA 1985
Indianapolis, Indiana 1986
Georgetown University, Washington, DC 1992
John Hopkins, Baltimore, MD 1995
George Washington University, Washington, DC 1999
Yale University, New Haven, CT 2000
AWARDS & HONORS
Special Award for Excellence in Oral Pathology 1971
Omicron Kappa Upsilon, Dental Honor Society, Tufts University 1971
Alpha Omega Alpha, Medical Honor Society, Tufts University 1973
MAJOR COMMITTEE ASSIGNMENTS
In Service Examination Committee: Maxillofacial & Craniofacial Section 1982-
Scientific Program Committee: American Society of Plastic Surgery 1982-
American Society of Maxillofacial Surgery Scientific Program, Chairman
Audiovisual Committee for Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation Reviewer 1983-
New York Regional Plastic Surgical Society, Program Chairman 1984-
Plastic Surgery Update: The Symposium of Three Days, co-chaired with Dr. J.
McCarthy and Dr. S. Aston, Program Chairman 1985-
Finance Committee, Northeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 1958-1986
New York Regional Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Secretary Program 1986-
Committee, Northeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
Scientific Program Committee: Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgery 1987-
Scientific Program Committee (Head & Neck, Craniofacial) ASPRS 1987-1988
Seattle Meeting Membership Committed, Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgery 1987
Scientific Program Committee, Northeast Regional Plastic Surgeons
Medical Advisory Panel, National Organization of Vascular Anomalies 1990-
Legal Defense Committee, New York University Medical Center, Chairman 1984-1990
Vascular Birthmarks Foundation Surgeon 2010-
MEMBERSHIPS, OFFICES & COMMITTEE ASSIGNMENTS IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
New England Society of Clinical Hypnosis 1971-1973
American Academy of Oral Medicine 1972-1973
Roswell Park Surgical Society 1978-
Womack Surgical Society 1978-
Converse Surgical Society 1979-
American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeon 1981-
New York County Medical Society 1981-1998
New York Regional Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery 1981-
American Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery 1981-present
Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons 1985-resigned
International Society of Cranio-maxillofacial Surgery 1985-resigned
Cleft Lip and Palate Society 1985-1995
Northwest Society of Surgeons 1987-
American Association of Plastic Surgeons 1988-
MAJOR RESEARCH INTERESTS
Clinical Studies of Facial Disfigurement and Repair, specifically related to vascular and melanoctyic
Anatomic Studies related to Facial Surgical Techniques, esp. for tumor and vascular anomalies senior
PRINCIPAL CLINICAL & HOSPITAL SERVICES RESPONSIBILITIES
Associate Professor of Surgery (Plastic) and Attending, NYU Med Ctr, NY, NYC 1982-1999
Professor of Plastic Surgery and Attending, NYU Med Ctr, NYC, NY 1999-present
Director (Surgical) and Senior Surgeon of Vascular Anomalies Center, NYU Med Ctr,
Institute of Reconstructive & Plastic Surgery 1995-present
1. Surgical Anatomy of the Orbit, Zide, B.M., Jelks, G. Raven Press 1986
2. Surgical Anatomy Around the Orbit: Sole Author, Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins 2005
1. Zide, B.M. and Buncke, H.J.: Aesthetic microvascular surgery chapter in Textbook of Aesthetic
Plastic Surgery by John R. Lewis: Little, Brown and Co., 1981.
2. McCarthy, J.G. and Zide, B.M. Rare Craniofacial Clefts in Pediatric Plastic Surgery, by Serafin &
Georgiade, C.V. Mosby Co., St. Louis, Missouri, 1984.
3. Zide, B. Comments on Chapter 33, Jaw Deformity in the Unfavorable Result in Plastic
Surgery, by Goldwyn, R., Little, Brown & Co., Boston, Mass. 1984.
4. Zide, B.M. and McCarthy, J.G.: Rare Craniofacial Clefts A detailed classification.
Pediatric Plastic Surgery by Serafin, D. and Georgiade, N.G., 1984.
5. Zide, B.M. Reconstruction of the Lips and Cheek; in text: McCarthy, J.G. Reconstructive Plastic
6. Rodriguez, R. and Zide, B.M. The Medial Canthus Publication in Clinics of Plastic Surgery, 1990.
7. Latrenta, G. and Zide, B.M. Maxillary Osteotomies in Text by Dr. Jeffrey Marsh, 1989.
8. Zide, B.M. The Temporomandibular Joint: in text: McCarthy, J.G. Reconstructive Plastic Surgery,
Publication, 1990 by Saunders.
9. Zide, B.M. Reconstruction of the Forehead, Scalp and Calvarium for Aston, Sand Smith, J. In
Concise Plastic Surgery: Little, Brown and Co., Boston, Mass. 1990.
10. Zide, B.M., Epstein, F.J. and Wisoff, J.H.: Optimal wound closure after tethered cord correction in
Annual Review of Hydrocephalus, Neuron Publishing, Tokyo, 1992.
11. Partington, M. and Zide, B.M. Reconstruction of the Skull for Head Trauma by Paul Cooper, Williams
and Wilkins, 1993.
12. Siebert, J. and Zide, B.M., Surgical Anatomy of the Nose for Peck and Gruber, Rhinoplasty State of
the Art, Mosby, 1993.
13. McCormack, B. and Zide, B.M. in Benzel, Edward, Spine Surgery: Techniques & Complications;
Avoidance and Management, Churchill Livingstone, p. 1465-1486, 1997.
14. Cabrera, R. and Zide, B.M., Cheek Reconstruction in Aston, Beasley, Thorne, Revision of Smith &
Grabb’s Plastic Surgery, Little Brown, Chapter 43, p. 501-512, 1997.
15. Zide, B.M., Glat, F., Stile, F., Lip Reconstruction in Aston, Beasley, Thorne, re: Editing of Smith &
Grabb’s Plastic Surgery, Little Brown, Chapter 42, p. 483-500, 1997.
16. Zide, B., Digenis, A., Reconstruction of the Skull, Update Chapter for Cooper’s Brain Trauma -
17. Hollier, L., Longaker, M., Zide, B.M., Reconstruction of the Skull, update chapter for
Cooper’s Brain Trauma 1998 Edition.
18. Boutros, S., Longaker, M., Zide, B.M.: Hemangiomas of the Face: Approach to Successful
Management, Perspectives in Plastic Surgery, 2000;14(1):45-53.
19. McCormack, B.M., Zide, B.M>, and Kalfus, I.H. Cerebrospinal Fluid Fishila and Pseudo- Menogocele
after spine surg. In Benzel, Edward C., Spine Surgery, Complications, Avoidance, Management.
Elsevier Churchill Livingstone, Philadelphia, 2005.
1. Zide, B.M.: Time–A Case for "Quality versus Quantity," Dental Journal,;50(3):22-3; December 1971.
2. Zide, B.M. and Pardoe, R.: Behavior modification in the recalcitrant burned patient. Plast Reconstr
Surg.;57(3):37882; March 1976.
3. Zide, B.M. and Pardoe, R.: The many uses of polyurethane foam. Amer. J. Surg.; 132(3):424-426;
4. Zide, B.M. and Bevin, A.G.: Care of skin around the tracheostomy tube. Amer. J. Surg. ;135(5):
729; May 1978.
5. Zide, B.M. and Laub, D.R.: Variations of technique in facelifts, a survey. Annals of Plastic
Surgery; 2(2):114-120; February 1979.
6. Zide, B.M. and Buncke, H.J.: Our method of digital replantation written by invitation to "How I Do It"
colloquium. Annals of Plastic Surgery; 3(5): 443-4; November 1979.
7. Zide, B.M. and Bevin, A.G.: Care of shallow soft tissue ulcers with an infrequent dressing technique.
Annals of Plastic Surgery; 4(1): 79-83; January 1980.
8. Zide, B.M., Buncke, H.J. and Finseth, F.: A study of the treatment time necessary for vasodilation drug
Isoxsuprime to prevent necrosis in a skin flap. Br. J. Plastic Surgery; 33(3): 383-7; July 1980.
9. Zide, B.M. and Bevin, A.G. and Hollis, L.I.: Simply fabricated custommade hand splints. Journal of
Hand Surgery [Am]; 6(1): 35-9; January 1981.
10. Zide, B.M.: Anatomy of the eyelids. Clin. Plast. Surg.; 8(4): 623-34; October 1981.
11. Zide, B.M., Grayson, B.H. and McCarthy, J.G.: Cephalometric analysis; Part I., Plast Reconstr Surg;
68(5) :816-23; November 1981.
12. Zide, B.M., Grayson, B.H. and McCarthy, J.G.: Cephalometric analysis for upper and lower midface
surgery: Part II., Plast Reconstr Surg; 68(6): 961-8; December 1981.
13. Zide, B.M.: Complications of closed capsulotomy after augmentation, Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 67(5):
697; May 1981.
14. Zide, B.M., Grayson, B.H. and McCarthy, J.G.: Cephalometric analysis for mandibular surgery, Part
III., Plast Reconstr Surg; 69(1): 155-64; January 1982.
15. McCarthy, J.G., Grayson, B.H. and Zide, B.M.: The Relationship between the Surgeon and the
Orthodontist in Orthognathic Surgery. Clin Plast Surg; 9(4): 423-42; October 1982.
16. Apesos, J. and Zide, B.M.: A Nocontact Splint for Skin Grafting of the Ankle, Annals of Plastic
Surgery; 9(4): 348-9; October 1982.
17. Zide, B.M. and McCarthy, J.G.: The Medial Canthus Revisited: Anatomic Studies. Annals of Plastic
Surgery; 11(1): 1-9; July 1983.
18. McCarthy, J.G., Epstein, F., Sadove, M., Grayson, B, and Zide, B.M.: Early Surgery for Craniofacial
Synostosis: An 8year Experience, Plast Reconstr Surg; 73(4): 521-33; April 1984.
19. McCarthy, J.G. and Zide, B.M.: The Spectrum of Calvarial Bone Grafting: Introduction of the
Vascularized Calvarial Bone Flap, Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 74(1): 10-8; Jul 1984.
20. Zide, B.M. and Jelks, G.: Surgical Anatomy of the Orbit. Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 74(2): 301-5; August
21. Jane, J., Park, T.S., Zide, B.M., Lambrushi, P., Persing, J.A., and Edgerton, M.T.: Alternative
Techniques in the Treatment of Unilateral Coronal Synostosis, J. Neurosurgery; 61(3): 550-6;
22. McCarthy, J.G., Grayson, B., Bookstein, F., Vickery, C. and Zide, B.M.: LeFort III Advancement
Osteotomy in Growing Child, Plast. Recon. Surg.; 74(3): 343- 54; Sept. 1984.
23. Zide, B.: Nasal Anatomy: The Muscles and Tip Sensation, Aesthetic Plastic Surgery; 9(3): 193-6;
24. Zide, B. and Jelks, G.: Book Review of Paton's Ophthalmology Plas. Reconstr. Surg.: 77:1005,
25. Zide, B.M., Wisoff, J.H. and Epstein, F.J.: Closure of Extensive and Complication Laminectomy
Wounds: Operative Technique, J. of Neurosurgery; 67(1): 59-64; July 1987.
26. Rodriguez, R.L. and Zide, B.M.: Reconstruction of the Medial Canthus, Seminars in Ophthalmology,
Clin Plast Surg.; 15(2): 255-62; April 1988.
27. Zide, B.M. and McCarthy, J.G.: The Mentalis Muscle: An Essential Component of Chin and Lower
Lip Position, Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 83(3): 413-20; March 1989.
28. Zide, B.M.: Bending but not Breaking the Supraorbital Bar, Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 84(1): 140-2; July
29. Kohan, D, Plasse, H.M. and Zide, B.M.: Frontal bone reconstruction with split calvarial and
cancellous iliac bone, Ear Nose Throat J.; 68(11): 845-6, 848-50, 853-4; November 1989.
30. Hoffman, W.Y., McCarthy, J.G., Cutting, C.B. and Zide, B.M.: Computerized tomographic analysis of
orbital hypertelorism repair: spatial relationship of the globe and the bony orbit,
Ann Plast Surg.; 25(2): 124-31; August 1990.
31. McCarthy, J.G., Latrenta, G.S., Brettbart, A.S., Zide, B.M. and Cutting, C.B.: Hypertelorism correction
in the young child; 86(2): 214-25; August 1990.
32. McCarthy, J.G., Ruff, G.L. and Zide, B.M.: A Surgical System for the Correction of Bony Chin
Deformity Clinics in Plastic Surgery- Review; 18(1): 139-52; January 1991.
33. Zide, B., Epstein, F.J. and Wisoff, J.H.: Optimal Wound Closure after Tethered Cord Correction,
Journal of Neurosurgery; 74(4): 673-6; January 1991.
34. Zide, B.M: Chin Disfigurement Following Removal of Alloplastic Implants- Discussiion of preceding
paper by Cohen, S.R., Mardach, O.L., and Kawamoto, H.K., Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 88: 68; 1991.
35. Zide, B.M. Book Review of Tardy, M.E. Surgical Anatomy of the Nose, Plast. Reconst. Surg; 88: 165;
36. Paonessa, K.J., Zide, B.M., Errico, T. and Engler, G.L.: Using Tissue Expanders in Spinal Surgery for
Deficient Soft Tissue or Post-irradiation Cases, Spine; 16(8 Suppl): S324-7; August 1991.
37. Zide, B. and Karp, N.: Maximizing Gain from Rectangular Tissue Expanders, J. Plast.
Reconst. Surg.;90(3): 500-4; discussion 505-6; September 1992.
38. Zide, B.: "How to Reduce the Morbidity of Wound Closure Following Extensive and Complicated
Laminectomy and Tethered Cord Surgery.” Pediatric Neurosurgery; 18(3): 157-66; 1992.
39. Berenstein, A., Marrotta, T.R. and Zide, B.M.: The Combined Role of Embolization and Tissue
Expanders in the management of arteriovenous malformations of the scalp, J or Neurosurg; 15 (7)
140-6; August 1994.
40. McCarthy, J.G., Glasberg, S.B., Cutting, C.B., Epstein, F.J., Grayson, B.H., Ruff, G., Thorne, C.H.,
Wisoff, J.H. and Zide, B.M.: Twenty-Year Experience with Early Surgery for Craniosynostosis: I.
Isolated Craniofacial Synostosis—Results and Unsolved Problems, Plast.
Reconstr. Surg.; 96(2): 272-83; August 1995.
41. McCarthy, J.G., Glasberg, S.B., Cutting, C.B., Epstein, F.J., Grayson, B.H., Ruff, G., Thorne, C.H.,
Wisoff, J.H. and Zide, B.M.: Twenty-Year Experience with Early Surgery for Craniosynostosis: II. The
Cranofacial Synostosis Syndromes and Pansynostosis—Results and Unsolved Problems, Plast.
Reconstr. Surg.; 96(2): 284-95; August 1995.
42. Zide, B., Constantini, S., Epstein, F.: Prevention of Recurrent Tethered Spinal Cord., Pediatric
Neurosurgery; 22(2): 111-4; October 1995.
43. Zide, B.M.: Discussion: Anatomic Considerations in Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty,
Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 96(6): 1277; November 1995.
44. Paonessa, K.J., Hostnik, W.J.and Zide, B.M.: "Use of tissue expanders for wound closure of spinal
infections or dehiscence." Orthop Clin North Am.;27(1): 155-70; January 1996.
45. Longaker, M.T., Glat, P.M. and Zide, B.M.: Deep Plane Cervicofacial “Hike”: Anatomic
Basis with DogEar Blepharoplasty, Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 99(1): 16-21; January 1997.
46. Langstein, H.N. and Zide, B.M.: How to Use a Gel Template for an Exact Facial Flap Transfer, Plast
Reconstr Surg.99(2): 556-8; February 1997.
47. Zide, B.M., Glat, P.M., Stile, F.L. and Longaker, M.T.: Vascular Lip Enlargement: Part I -
Hemangiomas - Tenets of Therapy, Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 100(7): 1664-73; December 1997.
48. Zide, B.M., Glat, P.M., Stile, F.L. and Longaker, M.T.: Vascular Lip Enlargement: Part II - Port Wine
Macrocheilia - Tenets of Therapy Based on Normative Values, Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 100(7):
1674-81; December 1997.
49. Chao, J., Longaker, M. & Zide, B.: Expanding Horizons in Head and Neck Tissue Expansion-
Operative Techniques Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 5(1): 2-11; February 1998.
50. Roth, J., Longaker, M. & Zide, B.M.: Cheek Surface Reconstruction: Best Choices According To
Zones - Operative Techniques Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 5(1): 26-36; February 1998.
51. Zide, B., Swift, R.: “How To Block and Tackle The Face”, Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 101(3): 840-51;
52. Zide, B., Swift, R.: Addendum to “How To Block and Tackle The Face”, Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 101
(7): 2018; June 1998.
53. Glat, PM., Longaker, M.T., Jelks, E.B., Spector, J.A., Roses, D.F., Shapiro, R.A., Zide, B.M. and Jelks,
G.W.: Periorbital Melanocytic Lesions: Excisions and Reconstruction in 40 Patients, Plast. Reconstr.
Surg.;102(1): 19-27; July 1998.
54. Bradley, J., Zide, B.M., Berenstein, A. and Longaker, M.T.: Large Arteriovenous Malformations of the
Face: Aesthetic Results With Recurrence Control, Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 103(2): 351-61; February
55. Zide, B.M.: Discussion on paper: Witch’s Chin: A Progressive, Three-Step Technique, by
Bernardi, C., Amato, P.L., and Dura, S.: Plast Reconstr. Surg.; 104(2): 557; August 1999.
56. Zide, B, Pfeiffer, T. and Longaker, M.: Chin Surgery:I. Augmentation --The Allures and the
Alerts; Plast. Reconstr. Surg. ; 104(6): 1843-53; November 1999.
57. Zide. B., Longaker, M.: Chin Surgery:II. Submental Ostectomy and Soft Tissue Excision;
Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 104(6): 1854-60; November 1999.
58. Stelnicki, E., Zide, B.: Reconstruction of the Post-traumatic Short Upper Lip; Ann of
Plast. Surg.; 43(6): 592-7; December 1999.
59. Zide, B.: Commentary on Transconjunctival blepharoplasty, transcutaneous approach, lower
lid fat, Plastic Surgery Outlook newsletter; 13(3): 11; 1999.
60. Zide, B.: Discussant to paper on Chin Ptosis Correction, Plast. Reconstr. Surg., ; 103: 329-30;
61. Zide, B., Bradley, J., and Longaker, M.: Lip Service for the Stiff Upper Lip; Plast. Reconstr.
Surg.; 105(3): 1154-8; March 2000.
62. Zide, B.: The Mentalis Muscles: An Essential Component of Chin and Lower Lip Position;
Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 105(3): 1213-15; March 2000.
63. Weisberg, N., Nehal, K., and Zide, B.: Dog-Ears: A Review; Dermatol. Surg.;
26(4): 363-370; April 2000.
64. Zide, B.: Discussant to paper on Surgical Anatomy of the Ligamentous Attachments in the
Temple and Periorbital Regions, Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 105(4): 1495-1496; April 2000.
65. Zide, B.: Discussant to paper on The Effect of Precise Reattachment of the Mentalis Muscle
on the Soft Tissue Response to Genioplasty, J.of Oral and Maxillo. Surg.; 59(5):
510-7; May 2001.
66. Zide, B.: 10 ways to save time and money in your operating room; Plast. Reconstr. Surg.
; 107(7) 1920 1; June 2001.
67. Zide, B. and Kaner, C.: Cosmetic Follow-Up To: Port-Wine Gingivo-Alveolar Enlargement:
The Solution: Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 108(1): 250; July 2001.
68. Zide, B.: I am not alone; Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 108(6): 1815-6; November 2001.
69. Warren, S.M., Longaker, M.T., and Zide, B.M.: The Subunit Approach to Nasal Tip
Hemangiomas, Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 109(1): 25-30; January 2002.
70. Zide, B. and Boutros S.: Chin Surgery III: Revelations; Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 111(4): 1542-50; April
71. Zide, B. and Spector, J.: Carbon Dioxide Laser Ablation for Treatment of Lyphangioma of
the Conjuctiva; Plast. Reconstr. Surg.: 117 (2): 609-612; February 2006.
72. Zide, B.: What you can do is not what they want; Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 111(5): 1735-5; April 15,
73. Zide, B.: Labial Incompetence: A Marker for Progressive Bone Resorption in Silastic Chin
Augmentation: An Update, Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 112(2): 679-80; August 2003.
74. Zide, B.: Improving Aesthetic Outcomes after Alloplastic Chin Augmentation; Plast. Recontr. Surg.;
112(5): 1433; October 2003
75. Zide, B.: Radiance: Short-term Experience: Aesthetic Surgery Journal; 23(6): 495-499;
76. Zide, B., Posnick, J., Yaremchuk, M., and Wolfe, S,: Discussion on Chin Augmentation:
Aesthetic Surgery Journal, May- June 2004; 24(3): 247-256
77. Zide, B.M., Review of Chen, W. P. M., Khan, J. A., and McCord Jr., C.D’s “ Color Atlas of Cosmetic
Oculofacial Surgery.”; Plast. Reconst. Surg.; 116: 1165-66; September 15, 2005.
78. Zide, B. and Boutros, S.: Cheek and Eyelid Reconstruction: The Resurrection of the Angle Rotation
Rotation Flap; Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 116: 1425-1430; October 2005
79. Zide, B.M., et. al.: Lipoblastoma of Infancy Mimicking Hemangioma of Infancy; Arch Facial Plast.
Surg.; 7: 326-330; September/October 2005
80. Zide, B.M., Spector, J.: Carbon Dioxide Laser Ablation for Treatment of Lymphangioma of the
Conjctiva; Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 112(2): 1-4; February 2006
81. Zide, B.M.: View Point: The Obsessive Patient by Proxy; Plast. Reconst. Surg., April 1;119 (4):
April 1, 2007
82. Zide, B.M., Warren, S., and Spector, J.: Chin Surgery IV: The Large Chin- Key Parameters for
Successful Chin Reduction; Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 120 (2): 530-537; August 2007.
83. Zide, B.M.,Warren, S., Spector, J.: Chin Surgery V: Treatment of the Long, Nonprojecting chin;
Plast. Reconst. Surg.; 120(3): 760-768; September 2007
84. Zide, B.M., Warren, S., Spector, J.: Chin Surgery VI: Treatment of an Unusual Deformity, the
Tethered Microgenic Chin; Plast. Reconst. Surg.; 120 (4): 1053-1058; September 15, 2007
85. Warren, S., Spector, J., Zide, B.M.: Chin Surgery VII: The Textured Secured Implant-
A Recipe for Success; Plast. Reconst. Surg.; 120 (5); 1378- 1385; October 2007.
86. Culliford, A., Zide, B.M.: Technical Tips in Reconstruction of the Upper Lip with the Abbe Flap; Plast.
Reconstr. Surg.; 122 (1): 240- 243; July 2008.
87. Spector, J., Blei, F., Zide, B.M.: Early Surgical Intervention for Proliferating Hemangiomas of the
Scalp: Indications and Outcomes; Plast. Recontstr. Surg.; 122 (2): 457-462; August 2008.
88. Garfein, E., Zide, B.M.: Chin Ptosis: Classification, Anatomy, and Correction; Craniomaxillofacial
trauma & Recon.; 1: 1-14; 2008.
89. Zide, B.M.,The Sabattini- Abbe flap: A Historical Note: Reply; Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; 123:769
90. Zide, B.M., Reply to More Technical Points on the Use of the Abbe Flap; Plast. Reconstr. Surg.
91. Flores, R., Zide, B.M.: Chin IX: Unusual Soft Tissue Problems of the Lower Face;
Cranioxmaxillofacial Trauma & Reconstruction: Volume 2: 141-150
92. Bastidas, N., Zide, B.M.: Treachery of mandibular angle augmentation, Annals of Plastic
Surgery Journal; Volume 64 (1) p. 4-6; October 2009.
93. Warren, S., Zide B.M.: Reconstruction of Temporal and Suprabrow Defects; Annals of Plastic
Surgery Journal: October 2009
94. Bastides, N., Zide, B.M.: Suspension of the Brow in Facial Paralysis and Frontalis Loss; Journal of
Plast. Reconstr. Surg.; Volume 126(2): 486-488; August 2010.
- Course Co-ordinator, Lecturer and Instructor, Stanford Medical School 1976
Emergency Surgical Management; Twenty Students, 4-6 hours/week, 10 weeks
- Lecturer and Presentation, Wound Techniques for the Private Practitioner 1976
California Society of Family Practitioners
- Lecturer and Presentation, Plastic Surgical Methods in Burn Care. 1976
Northern California Nurse Practitioners
- Presentation (sole): Facial Palsy Reconstructive, discussant, Earle E. 1976
Peacock, M.D., University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Dept. of Surgery
- Lecturer, Tendon Transfers for Ulnar Nerve Palsy; Symposium in Physical 1976
Therapy of the Hand; North Carolina Memorial Hospital
- Lecturer, Plastic Surgical Techniques, North Carolina Memorial Hospital 1976
Family Practice Group & Surgery Interns
- Presentation, Variations in Face Lift Technique. Co-author with Donald 1977
Laub, M.D.; American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
Annual Meeting, San Fransisco, CA
- Presentation, Getting to the Core of Pressure Sore; University of North Carolina, 1978
Department of Surgery, Grand Rounds (videotaped for North Carolina Mem. Hospital)
- Presentation, Splinting points for the Finger Joints; Scientific Program, 1978
Seventeenth Annual Plastic Surgery Senior Residents Conference, Hershey, PA
- Paper Presented at ASPRS Meeting in Toronto. Title: Microvascular 1979
Anastomotic Splinting, by B.M. Zide, M.D. and H.J. Buncke, M.D.
- Presentation: Updated Concepts of Orbital Anatomy. Invitation by NYU Medical 1980
Center Institute of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Presentation at First Annual Instructional Post-Graduate Course, 1980
“Anatomic Pathophysiology in Cleft Lip and Palate, “New York, NY
- Tutorial session at First Annual Instructional Post-Graduate Course, Cephalometric 1980
Evaluation of the Face, New York, NY
- Presentation: Avant-garde Flaps in Reconstructive Surgery, Surgical Grand Rounds 1981
University of Virginia Medical Center
- Paper presented at Senior Resident’s Conference in Nashville Tennessee 1981
Joint Stabilization for Skin Grafting of the Ankle, Apeos, J., and Zide, B.M.
- Presentation in second Post-Graduate Course in Plastic Surgery for NYU 1981
- Lectures and tutorials regarding cleft lip/palate; embryology of the face; head and neck 1982
anatomy; radiation injury. Barbizon Hotel, New York, NY
- Presentation at 1982 meeting: American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery 1982
“Anatomy of Blepharoplasty”, MGM Grand Hotel, Las Vegas, NV
- Presentation at Oculoplastic Symposium: The Medical Canthus. 1982
NYU Medical Center, New York, NY
- Presentations: 1. Cleft Lip (Anatomy Review) 2. Medial and lateral Canthal anatomy 1982
Invitation, Northwest Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Review Course in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, LSU New Orleans, LA 1982
- Jelks, G.W., Zide, B.M., McCarthy, J.G., The Canthus Revisited: Surgical Techniques 1983
Based on Anatomic Studies. Presented at VIII International Congress of Plastic Surgery,
Montreal, Canada; Zide, B.M., McCarthy, J.G., Sadove, M., Grayson, B.H.,
Early Surgery in the Child with Craniofacial Syntosis: A Nine Year Experience.
Presented at VIII International Congress of Plastic Surgery, Montreal, Canada
- McCarthy, J.G., Grayson, B.H., Zide, B.M., Vicerky, C., Leforte III Advancement in the
Growing Child: A Lonitudinal Study. Presented at VIII International Congress of Plastic
Surgery, Montreal, Canada
- Surgical Anatomy of Rhinoplasty- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgey, LA, CA 1983
- Course Presentation: Schering Soft Tissue Workshops, New York, NY 1983
Course: (2 ! hours) Anatomy of the Orbit and Eyelids with Glenn W. Jelks, M.D
American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Dallas, TX
- Paper presentation by J.G. McCarthy, M.D. and Zide, B.M., “ The Spectrum of 1983
Calvarial Bone Grafting”: Introduction of a New Technique
- Paper presentation by Zide, B.M., McCarthy, J.G., et al. Early Surgery for Craniofacial 1983
Synostosis-International Plastic Surgery Meeting, Toronto, Canada
- Videotape: Surgical Anatomy of Rhinoplasty 1982-1983
1. American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Los Angeles, CA
2. American College of Surgeons Meeting, Atlanta, GA
3. American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Dallas, TX
- Upgrade on Surgical Flaps for Facial Reconstruction, Skin Surgery Symposium, 1984
Dermatology Update Meeting, NYU Medical Center
- Recent Advances in the management of Maxillofacial Injuries, CME 1984
Assembly of New York Medical Society, New York, NY
- Surgical Correction of Craniofacial Anomalies, presented: Workshop on 1984
Genetics & Craniofacial Anomalies, New York, NY
- Moderator- Burning Problems in Maxillofacial Surgery, American Society 1984
of Maxillofacial Surgery, Las Vegas, NV
- Paper presentation Zide, B.M. and McCarthy, J.G.: Solid stabilization for LeFort 1984
procedures, American Society of Maxillofacial Surgery, Las Vegas, NV
- Course given with Jelks, G.: Applied Anatomy of the Eyelids and Orbit 1984
- (2 ! hours): Education Foundation, Las Vegas, NV 1984
- Faculty- Rhinoplasty Symposium: An update- Surgical Anatomy of the Nose. NY, NY 1984
- Presentation (Panel) Calvarial bone grafting for skull replacement 1984
- Invitation to American College of Surgeons, California 1984
- Presentation: Basic Clinical Aspects of Tissue Expansion in Aesthetic Surgery 1984
Update (Chairman: Rees/Baker) New York, NY
- Presentations for course on Cleft Lip/Palate Update- New York, NY 1985
-Anatomy of Cleft Lip 12/2/1985
-Anatomy of Cleft Palate 12/5/1985
-Alveolar Bone Grafting- How I do it 12/6/1985
- Presentations at Plastic Surgery Update: The Face 1986
-Talk 1: Anatomy of the Eyelids
-Talk 2: Surgical Anatomy of the Lip and Chin
-Talk 3: Anatomy of the Forehead and Temporal Regions
-Talk 4: Clinical Use of Tissue Expanders
- Presentations at International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery 1986
By Invitation of Guy Jost
-Talk 1: Surgical Anatomy of the Nose
-Talk 2: Surgical Anatomy of the Eyelid
-Talk 3: Prosector dissections for course in Cadaver demonstration
- Session Secretary, Northeast Society of Plastic and Reconstrucive Surgery,
Waldorf Astoria, New York, NY
- Presentation: Mentalis Muscles- Essential Component of Soft Tissue Chin Position,
Northeast Society Meeting, New York, NY
- Presentation: American Society of Plastic Reconstructive Surgery, The Mentalis 1987
Muscles- The Effect on the Chin Position, Atlanta, GA
- Visiting Speaker, Applied Strategic Anatomy of the Nose, Nassau County Medical 1987
Otologic Society, NY
- Presentation by Darius Kohan, M.D., Armer Society of Cosmetic Facial Surgery; 1988
The Combined Use of Split Calvarial Bone Iliar Cancellous Bone to Reconstruct
a Difficult Frontal Bone Deformity
- Kohan, D., Plasse, H. and Zide, B.M., Faculty- in Aesthetic Oculoplastic Surgery, 1988
New York, NY
Talk 1: Anatomy of the Orbirt and Adnexa
Talk 2: Orbital Maxillo Facial Injurie
- Presentation: Reduction of Lips Affected by Port Wine Stain, Northeast Society of 1989
Plastic Surgeons, Newport, Rhode Island
- Presentation: Anatomy of the Twisted Nose at Symposium Rhinoplasty Update 1989
Waldorf Astoria, New York, NY
- Faculty: Rhinoplasty Symposiium, Aesthetic Rhinoplasty: State of the Art, 1989
Waldorf Astoria, New York, NY
- Grand Rounds, Columbia P&S Plastic Surgery, reconstruction of the Lip and Cheek 1990
- Faculty Speaker: Course on Maxillofacial Update, Topic: Alveolar Bone Grafting 1990
- Moderator: Panel on Facial Resurfacing, Northeast Society of Plastic Surgery 1990
Lake George, New York, NY
- Special instructional course given. Anatomy of Cosmetic Surgery ASPRS, Boston MA 1990
- Presentation of Paper, McCarthy, j. G. and Zide, B.M., Early Fronto-Orbital 1990
Advancement Revisited: Unsolved Problems, ASPRS, Boston, MA
- Presentation, Paonesa, K., and Zide, B.M., Tissue Expanders in Spinal Surgery for 1990
Deficient Soft Tissue of Post-radiation cases, Poster-North American Spine Society
Poster Monterey, California
- Presentation, Zide, B.M. and Paonessa, K. Same poster #57- Scoliosis Research 1990
Society, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Presentation: Karp, N. and Zide, B.M., Maximizing gain from Rectangular Tissue 1990
Expanders. Poster- ASPRS Meeting, Boston, MA
- Presentation: McCarthy, J.G., Ruff, G.L., Zide, B. M. – A surgical system for the 1991
Correction of bony chin deformity. Clin. Plast. Surg. 18:139
- Keynote speaker (1 hour) Aesthetic Surgical Anatomy, by Invitation Kings County 1991
Medical Center, Annual Meeting
- Presentation: Functional Anatomy of the Nose, Northeast Regional Society Meeting 1991
- Presentation of paper, Complicated Closure After Spinal Cord Tumor Removal in 1991
Complications of Pediatrc Neurosurgery, New York, NY
- Presentation of paper, Pseudomeningocele: Prevention and Management Closure 1991
After Tethered Cord in Complications in Pediatric Neurosurgery, New York, NY
- Panel on Tissue Expansion, Tissue Expansion of the Scalp, ASPRS Meeting 1991
- Moderator and Panelist on Chin Ptosis, Iatrogenic Chin Ptosis, ASPRS Meeting 1991
- Anatomy of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Course, ASPRS Meeting, Washington, DC 1992
- Visiting Professor, Georgetown University- On Reconstruction of Lips $ Cheeks 1992
- ASPRS Meeting- 2 hour course- Updated Anatomy of Cosmetic Facial Surgery 1993
- Rhinoplasty Symposium- Waldorf Astoria, New York, NY 1993
Talk 1: Practical Surgical Anatomy
Talk 2: An Algorithm for Tip Projection
Panelist- Problem Cases
- Moderator- Special Problems and Techniques and live video demonstrations 1993
Guest Faculty- Symposium on eyelids, Orbit and Face
Talk 1: Lip Reconstruction and Aesthetics
Talk 2: Cheek Reconstruction and Aesthetics
Talk 3: Chin Reconstruction and Aesthetics
- Presentation of paper, Glasberg, Zide, B.M., Twenty years experience with Early 1993
Surgery for Craniosyostosis I., Isolated Craniofacial Synostosis II. Pansynostosis
And Craniofacial Syndroms, ASPRS Meeting, New Orleans
- Panel on Prevention and Treatment of Immediate Postoperative Facelift Complications 1993
In Aestheic Surgery (ASAPS in Publications)
- Presentation of paper, Flynn, A., Zide, B.M., et al. Surgical management of large 1994
Congenital nevi; experience in 77 patients- American Association of Plastic Surgeons,
St. Louis, Missouri
- Moderator on Full Day Chemical Peel Symposium presented by BioMedic, 1994
San Diego, California
- Panel Presenter- Lip and Cheek Reconstruction ASPRS Panel on Facial 1994
Reconstruction, San Diego, California
- Presented by Langstein and Zide. “How to Use a Gel Temple of Exact Flap Transfer” 1994
Northeast Regional Society Meeting, Quebec, Canada
- Endoscopy Panel, Anatomy of the Face- Pitfalls in Cosmetic Surgery, Northeast 1994
Regional Society Meeting
- Simple Lip Surgery in Academy of Dermatology Advances, New York University 1994
Medical Center, New York, NY
- Problems in Chin Surgery in Aesthetic Surgery of the Face, MEETH Sypmposium 1994
New York, NY
- Presentation of paper, “So You Know How to Close”- Problems in Pediatric 1994
Neurosurgery Symposium, New York, NY
- Advances in Surgery of the Cheek and Chin, Vascular Malformations of the Face, 1995
John Staige Davis Lecture, Baltimore, MD
- Grand Rounds Lip Reconstruction, John Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 1995
- Paper presentation by Paul Glat, M.D., Periorbital Melanoma: Excision and 1995
Reconstruction in 40 Patients, ASPRS meeting, Montreal, Canada
- Aesthetic and Reconstructive Rhinoplasty Symposium, Plaza Hotel, New York, NY 1995
Talk 1: Surgical Anatomy
Talk 2: Quandaries of Tip Augmentation
Talk 3: The Treachery of Chin Surgery: The Nose Chin Symbiosis
Moderator: Live Surgery, Rhinoplasty
- Poster presentation, Glat, P., Longaker, M. and Zide, B.M., Control of Transbony 1996
Vessels for AVM’s of the Scalp, ASRS Meeting, Dallas, TX
- Reunion speaker for Tufts University School of Dental Medicine- The Union 1996
Of Dentistry and Plastic Surgery, Tufts School of Medicine, Boston, MA
- Grand Rounds/Visiting Professor Downstate Medical Center Department of 1996
Dermatology, Brooklyn, NY
Talk 1: Facial Reconstruction, hemangiomas and giant nevi (1 hour)
Talk 2: How to the Block the Face (1 ! hours)
- Presentation of paper, “What’s the Big Deal About Chin Surgery”, Florida Society 1996
of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, Orlando, FL
- Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Symposium, Waldorf, Astoria Hotel, New York, NY 1996
Live Surgery- Transconjunctival Blepharolplasty
Talk 1: Facial Anatomy and Rhytidoplasty
Talk 2: Ptosis and Hidden Problems with Chin Surgery
Talk 3: Nasal Structure and Surgical Anatomy
- New York Dental Study Club- The evaluation of chin problems, Princeton Club (1996) 1996-1997
Lip Surgery and Evaluation of Problems (1997)
- Blepharoplasty Panel Presentation, 13th Annual Northeastern Society of Plastic 1996
Meeting, Stouffer’s Mayflower Hotel, Washington, DC
- Multidisciplinary Concepts in Aesthetic Restoration of Facial Defects, ASMS/PSEF 1997
Sheraton El Conquistador Resort, Tuscon, AZ
Talk 1: The Surgical Treatment of Giant Facial Nevi
Talk 2: Lip Reconstruction with Steven Kroll, M.D.
Talk 3: Facial Tissue Expansion and Serial Excision
- International Esthetic Surgery Sypmposium, Sand Andres, Columbia, South America 1998
Talk 1: Nerve Block of the Face
Talk 2: Anatomy of the Deep Plane Facelift
Talk 3: Blepharolplasty and Browpexy
Talk 4: The Perils of Chin Surgery
Talk 5: Anatomy of Rhinoplasty
- ASPRS Meeting, Boston, MA 1998
-Panel on Vascular Malformations-Involuting Vascular Lestions
-Panel on Facial Reconstruction-Tissue Expansion of the Face
- Northeast Regional Society of Plastic Surgeons Meeting, Newport Beach, RI 1998
2005 Moderator: Panel on Facial Reconstructions, “What’s New?”
2006 A New Method of Nasal Flap Design
2007 Panel on Orbital Surgery: Browpexy & Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty
- Advances in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery: The Cutting Edge II, Plastic Surgery 1998
Symposium, Waldorf Astoria Hotel, New York, NY, November 13-19.
Talk 1: How to Block and Tackle the Face
Talk 2: Chin Ptosis and Other Problems
Talk 3: Rhinoplasty Anatomy/10 Keys Point
Live Surgery Telecast-Facial Nerves Block
- Multidisciplinary Concepts in Aesthetic Restoration of Facial Defects, ASPRS/PSEF 1999
Symposium, Sheration El Conquistador Resort, Tuscon, AZ, April 8-11.
Talk 1: The Treatment of Facial Nevi
Talk 2: Cheek Reconstruction
Talk 3: Lip Reconstruction
Talk 4: Major Screw-Ups: What I Learned
- Visiting Professor, George Washington University Medical Center, Grand Rounds 1999
Topic: Large Lesions of the face.
- Grand Rounds, Department of Dermatology, Downstate Medical Center, Alan Shalita 1999
Chief, Topic: Vascular lesions and pigmented moles
- Florida Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, Annual Winter Meeting 1999
Ocean Reef Club, Key Largo, FL, December 9-12.
Talk 1: How to Block the Face
Talk 2: Lip Reconstruction
- Visiting Professor, Yale University, Connecticut 2000
- Vascular Anomalies Conference 2000, Speaker on Large Vascular Malformations 2000
New York University Medical Center, New York, NY, April 7-8.
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons, Annual Meeting, The Carlton 2000
Laguna Niguel, CA, May 7-10.
- Guest Speaker, Giant Nevus Network, Giant Nevus: What to do. 2000
Denver, CO, June 9-11.
- ASPRS Facial Panel: Complications of Chin Surgery, Los Angeles, CA. 2000
- Advances in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery: The Cutting Edge Symposium 2000
Waldorf Astoria Hotel, November 13-17.
Talk 1: Upper Eyelid Areas Browpexy (Zarem technique)
Talk 2: Chin Reduction Osteotomy from Below for Macrogenia
- Aesthetic Restoration of Facial Defects: From Infancy to Adulthood 2001
Hyatt Regency, La Jolla, California, February 22-25
Talk 1: Vascular Facial Malformations
Talk 2: Reconstruction of the Cheek
- Vascular Anomalies Course 2001, CME Course Update of Controversies and 2001
Clinical Management, Speaker on Combined Embolization and Surgical
Correction for Facial AVM’s, NYU School of Medicine, New York, NY, May 18-20
- Poster presentation: Warren, S., Longaker, M., and Zide, B.M.: Title: Nasal 2001
Subunit Incision for Hemangiomas of the Nose at the 9th International Congress of
International Society of Craniofacial Surgery, Visby, Gotland, Sweenden, June 17-20
- Grand Rounds, Pediatric Department, Lenox Hill Hospital, Dr Spang 2001
Topic: Updated Approach to Nevi and Hemagiomas in Kids, October 4.
- Moderator for facial reconstructive panel: Closure on Moh’s defects, Northeastern 2001
Society of Plastic Surgeons, 18th Annual Meeting, Ritz Carlton, Philadelphia, PA
- Aesthetic and Reconstructive Rhinoplasty: An Evaluation of Recent Conceptual 2001
and Surgical Advances, Waldorf Astoria, New York, NY, October 13.
- Visiting Professor at the Ninth Annual Plastic Surgery Visiting Lectureship, Exempla 2001
Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO, October 18-19.
Talk 1: Advanced concepts of chin surgery
Talk 2: Vascular Malformation of the Face
- Guest Speaker: How to Decide if You Need Cosmetic Surgery, Pathways Women’s 2001
Health, Educational Seminars, Manhasset, NY, November 29
- PSEF Symposium, Aesthetic Facial Reconstruction in Adults and Children 2002
Opryland Hotel Nashville, Nashville, TN, February 14-17.
Talk 1: How to Block and Tackle the Face
Talk 2: The Vertical Hike Cheek Flap (Schrudde medthod)
Talk 3: Reconstruction of the Upper Lip
Talk 4: Update on Repair of Post-Surgical Chin Deformities
Talk 5: Expanders- Treatment of Complications and their Advoidance
- ASAPS/ASERF Annual Meeting, Ceasar’s Palace, Las Vegas, NV, April 29- May 3 2002
Course: Applied Anatomy of the Head and Neck
Special Presentation: Big and Small Chins and How to Fix Them
- Emerging Technologies in Plastic Surgery Symposium, Speaker on Cosmetic 2002
Surgery of the Chin and How to Block and Tackle the Face- The Emerging
Update, NYU School of Medicine, May 31- June 1.
- Dental Study Club of New York, Speaker on update of anatomy of chin area 2002
Surgical applications for augmentation and reduction, treatment of complications
and therapy for droopy chins, Princeton Club, New York, NY, October 2.
- Advance in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery: The Cutting Edge Symposium, Waldorf Astoria 2002
New York, NY, October 22-26.
Topic: Cosmetic Blepharoplasty
Live Surgery: Chin Surgery- Ptosis, Problems and Updates
- Visiting Professor- University of Rochester, Dept. Chief: Joseph Serletti, M.D. 2003
Keynote Speaker: Everything you wanted to know about the chin, May 1.
- Guest speaker at APRSSA- South Africa, October 19-23. 2003
Talk 1: Aesthetic surgery of the chin
Talk 2: Tips on lips: Easy to hard
Talk 3: Hemangiomas and vascular malformations- Touching the surface
Talk 4: How to Block and Tackle the Face (with demonstration)
Talk 5: Cheek reconstruction- New and old ideas refined
- Aesthetic Surgery of the Aging Face, Waldorf Astoria Hotel, New York, NY, Nov. 20-23 2003
Talk 1: Correction of Chin Ptosis
Talk 2: Radiance- The New Injectable Material with Hydroxyapatite
- The New Jersey Society of Plastic Surgeons, Annual Spring Meeting, Fortgate 2004
Country Club, New Jersey, April 3.
Talk: “Cheek Reconstruction: Learning from mistakes and winning the war.”
- Fourth Annual John Knowles Swinburne Lecture, Nassau County Medical Center 2004
Talk: Advanced methods for cheek/ facial reconstruction
- Guest Speaker- Hackensack University Medical Center Lecture Series 2004
Hackensack, NJ, June 21.
Talk: “Tips on Lips”
- Guest Speaker- Tufts University Dental Alumni Association- New York Chapter 2004
The Penn Club, New York, NY, October 13.
Talk: “Lip Surgery: From Easy to Hard”
- Advances in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery: the Cutting Edge Symposium 2004
The Plaza Hotel, New York, NY, November 12-16.
Talk: New Revelations in Forehead and Periorbital Anatomy
- Aesthetic Facial Reconstruction in Adults and Children: Fresh Start Symposium 2005
Tuscon, AZ, February 23-26.
Talk 1: Vascular Malformations
Talk 2: Periorbital and Orbital Anatomy and its Implications
Talk 3: Cheek repair- Philosophy and Options (Personal Approach)
Talk 4: Repair of the Lip (Personal Approach)
- Surgical and Other Issues in Vascular Anomalies, NYU School of Medicine, May 13-14 2005
Talk: Mythbusters 101- Truths and Faallacies in the Treatment of
Hemangiomas and AVM’s.
- American Academy of Dermatology- Advanced Course Hemangiomas and 2005
NYU School of Medicine, June 2.
- Advances in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery: The Cutting Edge Symposium 2005
The Hilton Hotel, New York, NY
Talk: Some unusual Chin Problems and how to fix them
- Aesthestic Surgery of the Aging Face: The Waldorf Astoria, New York, NY 2005
Talk: The Big Chin
- Advances in Dermatology: NYU School of Medicine, June 16. 2006
Talk: How to treat nevi large and small
- Basic Maxillofacial Principles and Techniques for Plastic and Reconstructive 2007
Surgeons, Miami, FL, January 5-7.
Talk: Lip and cheek reconstruction
- 24th Annual Symposium on Facial Plastic Surgery: PNC Bank Arts Center 2007
Holmdel, NJ, April 25.
Talk: Cheek Reconstruction- How to Do it Well
- Vascular Anomalies 2007: Update on Research & Controversies in Clinical 2007
Management, NYU School of Medicine, April 27-28.
Talk: Timing for treatment of hemangiomas
- 12th Esser Course- Aesthetics in Facial Reconstruction/ New Perspectives 2007
Erasmus MC University Medical Center, Rotterdam, June 1-2.
Talk 1: How to Block and Tackle the Face
Talk 2: Reconstruction of hemangiomas and vascular anomalies
Talk 3: Reconstruction of the cheek: Principles and practice
Talk 4: Reconstruction of the upper lip
Talk 5: An overview of chin problems
- ASIF Advanced Orbital Course: W Hotel, New York, NY, November 17-18 2007
Talk: Clinically Relevant Periorbital Anatomy
- Poster Session: American Association of Plastic Surgeons Meeting: Fairmont 2008
Hotel, Boston, MA, April 4-8.
Talk: Zide, B., and Garfein, E.: Chin Ptosis: Classification, Anatomy,
- Zide, B.: Correction of Soft Tissue problems of the chin (by invitation), Saint 2008
Barnabus Hospital, New Jersey Society of Plastic Surgeons, April 11.
- Zide, B.: Grand Rounds, NYU Department of Dermatology; May 7. 2008
Talk: The Facial Nevus, Unique Methods of Control
- Princeton Club Lecture to New York Dental Society, Monthly Study Group
Talk: Controlling complications of the chin
- Chin Problems (by invitation); University of Miami Graduation: June 27. 2008
- Functional and Aesthetic Reconstruction of Craniofacial Skeleton Symposium: 2008
ASPS Chicago, IL, October 31. Panelist: Local Flaps of the Face
- One of four panellists: Local flaps of the face: Moderated by Scott Bartlett, M.D. 2008
- Advances in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery: The Cutting Edge VII, The Hilton Hotel 2008
New York, NY, November 13-17.
Talk 1: Correcting the Pixie Ear and Alar Curve
Talk 2: Unusual Chin Problems and How to Solve Them
- Cheek flaps, Lip, Chin: State of the Art Craniofacial Microsurgery Reconstruction 2009
The Hyatt Hotel, Baltimore, MD, March 12-14.
Talk 1: Chin Ptosis
Talk 2: Lip Reconstruction
- International Meeting on Aesthetic and Reconstructive Facial Surgery, Mykonos 2009
Greece, May 12-17.
Talk 1: Advanced Cheek Reconstruction
Talk 2: Achieving a smooth chin
Talk 3: Variations in chin reconstruction with alloplastic materials
Talk 4: Reconstruction of the lip
- Advances in Dermatology, NYU Langone Medical Center, June 11. 2009
Talk: Surgical Update on Hemangiomas and Vascular Malformations
- Northeast Society of Plastic Surgeons: Charleston, SC, September 25. 2009
Talk: 20 Ways to manage your practice in an economic downspring
- Chin Neck Junction, One of four panelists, Moderated by Dr. Bahman Guyuron 2010
Toronto, October 2.
- Speaker: Vascular Birthmarks Foundation, NYU Medical Center, October 9. 2010
Talk: Hemangiomas of the Face
EDITORIAL CORRESPONDENCE & LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
1. Letter to the Editor of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Correspond and Brief Communications:
Complications: Complications of closed capsulotomy after augmentation, May, 1981; 67(5): 697.
2. Zide, B., "When You're Gloved And You Need A Little More Local...", Letter to the Editor, Plast.
Reconstr. Surg., June 1995;95(7):1330.
3. Zide, B.M., Zide/Letterman “Top 10 Lists”, Plast. Reconstr. Surg., October 1996;913-4.
4. Zide, B.M., “Why My Practice Is So Relaxing”, Plast. Reconstr. Surg., October 1996;98(5):
5. Zide, B.M., Foot Drape With Gym Socks for preparation for liposuction., Plast. Reconstr. Surg.,
December 1996. (Correspondence)
6. Zide, B.: Four Patients You Love To Hate, Plast. Reconstr. Surg., October 1998;102(5):1729-32.
7. Zide, B.M., “To Reduce Your Seroma Rate”, Plast. Reconstr. Surg., March 1999;103(3):1098-9.
8. Zide, B.M., “The Best Doctor’s In Town”, Plast. Reconstr. Surg., April 2000;105(4):1559-60.
9. Zide, B.M., correspondence: “Ten ways to save time and money in your operating room.”, Plast
Reconstr. Surg., June 2001;107(7):1920-1. (Correspondence)
10. Zide, B.M., “I am not alone.”, Plast. Reconstr. Surg., November 2001;108(6):1815-16. (Editorial)
11. Zide, B.M., “What you can do is not what they want.”, Plast. Reconstr. Surg., April 2003;111(5):
12. Zide, B.M., “I am an expert for anything you want.”, Plast. Reconstr. Surg., July 2003;112(1):323-4.
13. Zide, B.M. “Tales of Greed.”, Plast. Reconstr. Surg., September 15, 2004; 114(4) :998-9. (Editorial)
14. Zide, B.M. “How to Find a Foreign Body: Wire Grid Technique”, Plast. Recontsr. Surg, May 2005;115
1. Baker, D.C., Rees, T.D. and Zide, B.M. Videotape on Anatomy of the Face Lift Operation, Presented
at American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Meeting, 1981.
2. Anatomy of the Nose: with Thomas Rees, 1985.
3. John Hopkins Continuing Medical Education; Excellence in Cosmetic Surgery 1; DVD on Contouring
the Male Neck: More Than Just Fat;; September 2007; National Cosmetic Network (866-870-4088)