Water supply and distribution
Need or Desire
• Filtering water and finding a way to get it to
people is/was a need for everyone and still is. As
immigration increased more water was needed,
but the water is/was becoming more polluted.
This was because of all the people coming to the
United States. When people started becoming
sick and even dying from drinking water, people
started making filtration systems. And finding
different ways to clean water. Then they started
to bottle water for distribution. With all the
immigrants coming we needed an easy way to get
water to everyone.
• Scientist, water, chlorine, filters, people
Who made water filters
• In 1854 British scientist john snow started
adding chlorine to water to purify it. Many
other scientist helped us get were we are
today in sanitation of our water.
• The main problems that impacted the creation
of filtration and distribution were pollution
and over crowding. Pollution impacted the
water supply because the more water that
was polluted the less that can be distributed.
Over crowding impacted because there were
so many more people needing water
Analysis 4 design principles
• 1. Pollution in there water and not enough water for all
• 2. Solution to pollution is stop polluting and find away to
clean water, solution to not enough water is to clean the
• 3. First they used just sand filtration , then they made
better filters , then added chlorine to the water , after
that we made even better filtration systems that we use
• We use the water filtration that we use today because it
lets the less amount of particles through.