This is an agreement between a moving company and a customer for moving services.
This agreement covers important moving topics, such as the current location of the
furniture, transportation services, the destination, and disassembly and reassembly of
the furniture. Additionally, this agreement provides for customizable exhibits to ensure
that the parties’ understandings are properly set forth. This agreement should be used
by moving companies or customers that are looking to hire a moving company.
MOVING SERVICES AGREEMENT
This Moving Services Agreement (the “Agreement”) is dated as of ____________, 20____,
[Instruction: Insert date.] by and between _____ [Instruction: Insert moving company
name.], a _____ [Instruction: Insert Contractor formation information.] (“Contractor”) and
_____ [Instruction: Insert client’s name.] (“Client”) (collectively the “Parties”).
The Parties hereto agree as follows:
1. Contractor will perform the following moving services, which shall collectively consist
of Origin Services, Transportation Services, Destination Services and Other Services, as
set forth in this Agreement, in a first class manner and according to the highest industry
standards (collectively, the “Services”):
2. Packing of all Client possessions located at _____ [Instruction: Insert location of
possessions. If same as Origin, state Origin.] as listed on Error! Reference source
not found.Exhibit A (attached hereto and incorporated herein) (the “Possessions”).
3. Disassembly of furniture pieces: as set forth on Error! Reference source not
found.Exhibit B (attached hereto and incorporated herein).
4. Loading of Client Possessions at Origin, as defined herein.
5. Transportation of Client Possessions from _____ [Instruction: Insert point of origin
address for transportation.] (“Origin”) to _____ [Instruction: Insert destination
address.] (“Destination”). [Comment: If multiple, separate schedules may be
6. Unloading of Client Possessions at Destination.
7. Reassembly at Destination of furniture disassembled as part of Origin Services.
8. Other: All other services as set forth on Error! Reference source not found.Exhibit C
(attached hereto and incorporated herein).
9. The Origin Services shall be performed on _________________, 20__. [Instruction:
Insert date.] Client’s Possessions shall be delivered, and Destination Services shall be
performed by Contractor on ______________________, 20__ [Instruction: Insert
© Copyright 2012 Docstoc Inc. 2
date.]. The Origin Services shall be performed between the hours of __________ a.m.
and _________ p.m. [Instruction: Insert time.] The Destination Services shall be
performed between the hours of ____________ a.m. and ________ p.m. [Instruction:
Insert time.] All of such services shall be performed according to the times set forth,
absent any delay by an act or neglect of Client, or by labor disputes, fire, unusual delays
in deliveries, unavoidable casualties or other causes beyond the Contractor’s control
(including but not limited to acts of God, total or substantial destruction of the
Possessions through no fault of Contractor, acts of war, actual or threatened acts of
terrorism, insurrection or hostilities, acts of a public enemy, epidemics or quarantines or
other causes similar to those enumerated) or by delay authorized by Client’s pending
mediation or arbitration or by other causes which the Contractor determines may justify
delay, then the Destination Services date shall be extended by change order for such
reasonable time as Contractor may determine.
10. Contractor shall provide trucks or other vehicles sufficient to perform the Services
according to the standards set forth in this Agreement. Contractor shall also use and
provide all necessary equipment and labor to perform the services according to the
standards set forth in this Agreement. All costs for equipment and fuel and labor are
incorporated in the price below.
11. Client shall pay Contractor for the Services the sum of ______ United States Dollars
($__________). [Instruction: Insert price.] The payment(s) shall be paid by negotiable
instrument or wire transfer payable from the Client to the Contractor. [Comment: Parties
may revise permitted payment methods to reflect their true agreement.] Client shall
reimburse Contractor for the following additional expenses only: _____ [Instruction:
Insert any additional expenses to be reimbursed, otherwise revise to state no other
additional expenses will be reimbursed.]
12. Client may purchase insurance from Contractor covering the condition of Client’s
Possessions while they are in Contractor’s custody, pursuant to standard terms for the
issuance of insurance for an Agreement of this nature.
13. If any provision of this Agreement is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable,
the other provisions of this Agreement will be unimpaired and the invalid or
unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the
maximum extent permitted by law.
14. This Agreement may be signed in one or more counterparts, each of which when
exchanged will be deemed to be an original, binding upon the parties as if a single
document had been signed by all, and all of which when taken together will constitute the
same agreement. Any true and correct copy of this Agreement made by customary,
reliable means (e.g., photocopy or facsimile) shall be treated as an original.
© Copyright 2012 Docstoc Inc. 3
15. The Contractor is expressly prohibited from assigning this Agreement or any of its
obligations under this Agreement, absent the express written consent of Client.
16. This Agreement contains the entire agreement and understanding between the Parties and
supersedes any prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements, representations and
warranties between them respecting the subject matter of this Agreement. This
Agreement will be interpreted and enforced under the laws of the State of _____
[Instruction: Insert State.], without regard to conflict of laws.
17. This Agreement may only be amended, modified or supplemented by a written agreement
signed by each party.
18. Any notice or other communication required or permitted to be given hereunder or for the
purposes hereof to any party shall be in writing and shall be sufficiently given if sent by
USPS, if to Client, to: _____ [Instruction: Insert Client address.] and if to Contractor,
to: _____ [Instruction: Insert Contractor address.] or at such other address as the party
to whom such notice is to be given shall have last notified the party giving such notice.
Any notice delivered to the party to whom it is addressed as provided herein shall be
deemed to have been given and received on the day it is so delivered at such address,
provided that if such day is not a business day, then the notice shall be deemed to have
been given and received on the next business bay. Any notice mailed as provided herein
shall be deemed to have been given and received on the third business day following the
date of its mailing provided that no postal strike is then in effect or comes into effect
within two business days after such mailing. Any notice transmitted by telecopier shall
be deemed given and received on the day of its transmission if such day is a business day
and if not on the next business day.
19. The pronouns used herein shall include, where appropriate, either gender or both,
singular and plural.
© Copyright 2012 Docstoc Inc. 4
© Copyright 2012 Docstoc Inc. 5
© Copyright 2012 Docstoc Inc. 6
© Copyright 2012 Docstoc Inc. 7