KDHE Initial Licensure Process for
HOME HEALTH AGENCIES
For Information and Process contact:
KDHE/Bureau of Child Care and Health Facilities
1000 SW Jackson, Suite 200
Curtis State Office Building
Topeka, KS 66612-1365
FAX: (785) 291-3419
1. You must contact, by phone, or in writing, the Kansas Department of Health and
Environment (KDHE) Licensure Staff of your intent to initiate the home health agency
2. You are responsible for knowing and complying with all local and state regulations.
3. You must request an application packet from the Licensure staff person. This completed
packet must be returned to the licensure staff at the address listed above. A complete packet
A. The application form;
B. The $100 application fee;
C. Form ACC300A (attestation statement for home health licensure);
D. All applicable materials listed on the attached “Home Health Agency Initial
Licensure Required Application Materials” chart (ACC 300B).
After the Licensure Staff has received and checked items A-C from the application packet
listed above for completeness, our staff will confirm receipt of packet submission to the
email address you have provided on the initial application.
4. The application information is forwarded to the Certification Coordinator for data entry.
5. All of the Item D submitted with the application packet will be forwarded to the Initial
Application Reviewer for review.
6. The Reviewer will conduct the initial review in order of the submission. Per KSA 77-511, the
Reviewer has 90 days from receipt of your information to review it for compliance with
licensure requirements and notify the applicant of the review findings. If the Reviewer
indentifies that revisions and/or additional information are needed, the “90 day” clock may
restart with the receipt of each submission of information from the applicant.
7. The Reviewer will contact the applicant and provide initial review results and any missing
required data will be requested. It is the applicant’s responsibility to contact the Reviewer if
there are any questions.
8. Once all required information has been verified, the applicant will be contacted and the home
health license will be issued.