Features or elements of business communication
Business communication is a specialized type of communication. Such communication
highlights on business activities. The success of communication depends on the below futures or
1. Two or ore parties: Business
communication occurs between two parties
or one to many. Receiver may be a single
person or a group of people.
2. Specialized branch: Such
communication deals with various
commercial and industrial subjects covering
financial or non-financial issues.
3. Formal elements: Business
communication covers formal elements,
such as business terminology, facts and
figures, graphs, audio-visual aids and
officials’ methods & procedures.
4. Media: Business communication is expressed through verbal or non-verbal means,
verbal media can be telephonic conversation, fax, electronic mal, memo, meeting,
newspaper, reports, journals etc. whereas non-verbal media includes sign, symbol body
language, facials expression etc.
5. Practical information: Business communication describes official plan, procedures,
requirements, methods, work in progress and also highlights the cause of a problem and
explains project status.
6. Needful action: Business communication test place not to inform only but to tale
necessary action also.
7. Language and style: The language of such communication is direct and formal with
positive tone. The style considers drawing attention, rising interest, developing
conviction and taking action.
8. Feed back: The success of business communication depends on fee back from the
receiver. Proper feed bank in necessary for effective business communication.