Rahim Remtulla, MD
As you know we in the Navy no longer have
access to UpToDate.
Having access to the USUHS LRC does NOT mean
that you will have access to UpToDate.
◦ The next slides will show you how to determine if you
have LRC access to UpToDate.
Another option, which should work for at least all
Active Duty and likely possibly for civilians:
◦ ARMY KNOWLEDGE ONLINE
◦ If you don’t have an account. Click “Don’t have an
Account” on the left side of screen.
Affiliation: National Capital Consortium
Comments: please write “ [Your position -
Attending/Resident/Intern] in Internal Medicine at
◦ If you do have an account login.
Type into the QUICK TITLE SEARCH box:
◦ As you are typing, it will autocomplete the word
UpToDate, click that.
Some of you will see an icon for UpToDate, click it
and it will take you there without problem.
For most, the screen below will appear.
◦ “Sorry, no resources were found.” This means USUHS LRC
does not have a faculty appointment for you.
◦ You can contact USUHS LRC 301-319-4039 and/or USUHS
Human Resources for further assistance 301-319-4301
This one should work
First you need your AKO username and
Google: Army Knowledge Online (or click this)
Many of you have access to AKO already
◦ IRBNet is a part of this thus use that username and
◦ Click links to reset password
◦ Username: first.lastname
Once you have reset your password:
◦ Answer the security questions
◦ Register your CAC card
◦ Once all of this is done log out of AKO.
◦ Next step…
Then Google: Amedd Virtual Library
This website has a ton of resources that you
can access with your AKO username/password
◦ Journals, databases, Travax, UpToDate, textbooks
Scroll down and bottom
left has UpToDate Link.
Click it and enter your
AKO username and
You are in!
Can be done from home!
You can register through
the Amedd Virtual
Library website for your
own UpToDate account
◦ Manage CME, etc
Click on link on right of
You can access UpToDate through the Amedd
Virtual Library using your AKO account
username and password.
I hope this helps and saves some money.