All You Need to Know About Private Loans
As an investor, there comes a time when you feel that obtaining a loan from a credit institution will have a devastating
effect on your business. Therefore, you opt to for private loans from individuals. In such situations, you are supposed
to have enough knowledge of how these creditors work. There is a lot that happens when one is obtaining hard
money from a hard money lender. It is also important to note that this method of borrowing involves a number of
risks. Therefore, it is your duty to ensure that you understand everything involved in the process before you go for the
First of all, you need to know that hard money is a type of credit that is obtained from private individuals who have
large amount of money on their hands. It is more or less the same as ordinary loans only that hard money credit
comes with stricter terms. The good thing is that there are several reliable sources of information on this method of
borrowing that you can rely on for more details. You have to make yourself aware of the benefits and drawbacks of
hard money lenders before you go out looking for their loans. That way, you will be able to reduce the risks involved
in such a process. Here are some of the benefits and drawbacks of private loans.
Benefits of Private Loans
● Lower interest rate: Since you are dealing with an individual and not an institution, it is likely that you will
get lower interest rates. Most of these hard cash creditors want to win the confidence of the borrowers
by keeping their interest rates low. But you must consider the terms of lending that the creditor provides
because some of them may want to trick you by hiding important details of the lending process.
● Flexible terms: Both of you can decide to make the terms more flexible to suit your situations. This makes
it easier for you to decide on the most appropriate repayment period. Also, you will be able to bargain for a
better interest rate.
● More bad credit loans: It is normally very hard for a borrower with bad credit ratings to obtain a credit from
the bank. But with these hard cash creditors, borrowers can get as much money as they wish without a
Drawbacks of Private loans
● Missed payments: Since this is an informal process of lending money, the hard money lender faces the risk
of missed payments.
● No protection: In this method, the creditor has very little protection which can see him/her lose large
amounts of cash in case the borrower dies.
If you are looking for a hard money lender for your private loans, you should consider online lenders since they are
more reliable and convenient.
The Boyd Capital Group