Directors Meeting - Portakabin
Monday 26th Jan 2009 – 5.15pm
Present; Lavinia Bristol, John Wheeler James, Peter Isaacson, Seonaid Bristol, Emma Grant
and Fra Macintyre
Apologies; John Fraser, Romayne Wainwright and Peter Wilson
1. Approval of minutes of 8th Dec 2008
2. An Cridhe
Lottery- 16th Feb is date when we will hear about the result of application. Emma has
responded to 16 issues that were raised by the case officer. The main ones were
relating to Land, sustainability and value for money. Emma has addressed these
issues. If we receive a negative we could re submit to the next committee meeting.
There was some discussion over what should be done in the event of a ‘no’ but is
was felt that we can only make that decision following 16 th Feb.
ERDF – we are onto stage 2
Mechanical &Electrical Engineer – in order to progress the renewable energy grants
for the building more information is required. We have two application to
Community Energy Scotland and Greener Scotland. The information needed will be
supplied by a M& E engineers FLN, in consultation with ABC they have a agreed to
work at risk. However we have made the same agreement that was made with the
other members of the design team, ie that if the project does not get the go-ahead
we will pay them for their time. The maximum this could be is £9000. We cannot
wait for lottery agreement before getting M& E Engineers to start as we need to
have information for Greener Scotland deadline on 10 th March. Director agreed that
FLN should start now.
Loan – Social Investment Scotland
We will need a bridging loan to cover lag in payment from major funders ( ie Lottery and
ERDF) but may also need a loan to finance shortfall in funding. SIS – are set up to assist
community companies in our position. They currently looking at our financial
information and will let us know whether they can assist us. Dev. Coll. Mems and Arts
(4.m) gives authority to borrow but need Director to agree to Company going ahead
with this. All agreed. Further financial detail, ie how much and when -will be discussed
at a later date.
Community Council Meeting
Later this evening - Fra and Emma attending to chase up what has been agreed re sale
of Hall and site and the promise of £1000 money from both the Council and the Village
3. Financial Update;
Currently received £26,081 for Dev. Coll. wages and running costs- this will take us to the
end of March for wages. We are within budget for other office costs.
Seed Corn - £700 remaining to spend
4. Future Dev Coll - post Sept. 09 –
Looking into funding post beyond Sept 09 – several measures in place
Lloyds TSB advisor– Duncan Weir visited last week – We approached originally as
funder for An Cridhe, but felt contribution would be insignificant, however would be
will to fund position of project manager. This could amount to £7000- 10,000.
Tiree Meeting - aim to talk to Tree
Possible Climate Challenge Office – this to be discussed with Jon Rathjen at Feb
Education Officer – Argyll & Bute currently fund position - could be incorporated
Consent received ...looking for support/consultation via NewsLetter. It was suggested that
advertising meeting once drawings were complete would be a wise move.
6. Coll Youth – umbrella group to all the various child related committees
7. Climate Challenge Fund – Meeting12th Feb
Emma Maternity – Fra covering 10 of Emma’s hours - Office hours will be dependant
on Document Library. Pete has put in quote of £180 to complete. This needs to be
done to allow Fra flexibility of working from home and allow Emma to work from
home once maternity is finished.
SCVO Membership – we have paid up as we will save money on first training course
Training – Fra to go to Edinburgh on training writing Fundraising applications and
Seonaid – Press and Publicity training at the end of Feb
Emma reminded Lavinia of need for Policies.
Lavinia spoke of water – only update is the report in Oban Times that there is now capacity
connections to 20 more houses in the village