Presidential Election Project
By: Period 6
Due: September 19,2008
views on change
• Keep Track of Spent Nuclear Fuel
• Senator Obama introduced legislation to establish rules for controlling,
tracking and accounting for spent fuel at all nuclear power plants.
• Evacuating special needs population in Emergencies.
• Obama introduced and passed legislation to require mandatory planning
for evacuation of people with special needs.
• Keeping Our Drinking Water Safe
• Senator Obama introduced legislation to provide $37.5 million over 5
years to upgrade the monitoring and security efforts for drinking water
• Protecting our chemical Plants
• Senator Obama introduced a comprehensive chemical plant security
legislation which requires chemical containment, immigration , barriers,
safety training and using safer technology.
• Zero to Five Plan
• Places key emphasis at early care and education
• Obama will create Early Learning Challenge Grants
• Higher Education
• Make college affordable for all Americans .
• Refundable credit will ensure the first $4,000 of
tuition is free for most Americans ,will cover 2/3
tuition at the average public college or university
and make community college completely free.
• Obama will stop funding wasteful federal
government programs that make no financial
• He will protect tax cuts for poor and middle class
families , but reverse Bush’s tax cuts for the
• He will increase the efficiency of government
programs through technology and stronger
• Obama is going to stop giving tax breaks to oil
and gas companies and make them even with
the rest of the industries.
Energy and the environment
• Barrack Obama will ensure 10% of
electricity will come from renewable
sources by 2010 .
• He will also get 1 million plug-in hybrid cars
on the road by 2015.
• He will create a $7,000 tax credit for the
purchase of advanced cars.
• Obama will reduce energy usage by
weatherizing 1 million low- income houses
a year. .
• He plans to make healthcare affordable for
everyone and turn no one away .
• The plan will cover all essential services such as :
preventive, maternity and mental healthcare.
• Barack supports funding for the national institutes of
health and the national science foundation .
• Obama will support implementation of programs
and encourage team care that will improve
coordination and integration of care to those with
• Obama will give his secretary of Defense and military
commanders a new mission in Iraq: ending the war
• Barack Obama believes that the U.S must apply pressure
on the iraqi government to work toward real political
accomodation. There is no military solution to the Iraqi
political differences, but the Bush Administration’s blank
check approach has failed to press Iraq’s leaders to take
responsibility for their future or to substantially spend
their oil revenues on their own reconstruction.
• Barack Obama will launch an aggressive diplomatic effort
to reach a comprehensive compact on the stability of Iraq
and the region.
• Barack Obama believes that American has both a moral
obligation and a responsibility for security that demands
we confront Iraq’s humanitarian crisis – more than five
million Iraqis are refugees or are displaced inside their
• He wants guards and technology on the border
entry to keep out illegal immigrants.
• He wants the number of legal immigrants to
increase to keep the families together and meet
the standards for jobs.
• He wants to stop employers from hiring illegal
immigrants to remove incentives to enter illegally.
• He wants to allow illegal immigrants who are in
good standing top pay a fine , learn English , and
to be given an opportunity for citizenship.
so much info more please push
John Mc Cain’s Issues
• Ensuring there is enough money to provide for
resources on the ground along with training facilities
and support staff and development or technologies .
• Have unmanned Aerial vehicles and aircraft where
needed and appropriate in the border region .
• Focus on funding to US Attorney’s offices in border
• Address the fact that we already have a large
number of illegal aliens living in our country and
enroll them in special programs to resolve their
• As president, John McCain will pursue
reforms that address the underlying cultural
problems in our education system.
• There is no equal opportunity without equal
access to excellent education.
• We can no longer accept low standards for
some students and high for others. (No
Child Left Behind).
• Provide bonuses for teachers who locate in
• He will keep the top tax rate at 35% maintain the
15% rates on dividends and Capital Gains and
phase- out Alternative minimum tax.
• McCain understands that many Americans e-mail
and text message . Therefore he will prohibit all new
cell phone taxes.
• Simplifying the tax code will make the U.S more
competitive with other countries, where we have to
remove any certainty among businesses.
• McCain wants to cut the corporate tax rate from 35
to 25% because a lower corporate tax rate is
essential to keeping good jobs in the United States.
• John McCain believes that there must be a Global
solution to Global Climate Change.
• An adaptation plan should be based upon national
and regional scientific assessments of the impacts
of climate change .
• John McCain will establish a market –based system
to curb greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, mobilize
innovative technologies, and strengthen the
• John McCain Proposes a Cap-And-Trade System
that would set limits on greenhouse gas emissions
while Encouraging the development of Low –Cost
• John McCain believes that it is essential for the
U.S to support the government of Iraq to become
capable of governing itself.
• McCain feels that to secure long-term peace and
security and to establish a stable prosperous ,and
democratic state in Iraq so that the do not pose
threats in its neighbors and contributed to the
defeat of terrorists.
• John McCain believes it is essential to be honest
with the American people about the opportunities
and risks that lie ahead.
• John McCain wants to settle disputes in Iraq and
our troops out .
• John McCain said he would lower health
insurance by healthcare cost and offer families
up to $5,000 in tax credits.
• The McCain plan would expand personal,
portable private health insurance by harnessing
patient choice and private competition.
• John McCain will Develop a strategy for meeting
the challenge of a population needing greater
Long –Term Care.
• John will work with states to establish A
Guaranteed Access Plan.
Unfortunately it’s over