AN ANALYSIS ON DEMAND AND
FORECASTING OF PLASTIC
PRODUCT IN PUDUCHERRY
ACT PLASTIC PVT (LTD)
UNDER THE GUIDANCE OF
Internal Guide: External Guide:
Ms. G.VIDHYA, M.B.A,M.Phil. Mr. S.A.GANESH,M.B.A
LECTURER DEPT. OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES
ACT PLASTIC PVT (LTD) , Puducherry,
ACT is prestigious manufacturer and supplier of industrial
mouldings, commodity mouldings, automotive mouldings,
machine parts painting, single point source for spares, etc.
Initially started in Pondicherry, ACT soon expanded our
operations to Chennai.
ACT are one of the leading manufacturers and exporters
of industrial moulding, commodity moulding, automotive
moulding, machine parts painting, single point source for
spares, etc. Established in July 2003 in Pondicherry, ACT
soon expanded our operations and set up office in Chennai
in March 2006.
ACT envisage becoming a single source supplier of molding, painting
requirements and any other outsourcing requirements”
Building up high quality of performance with team spirit
Meeting Customer Requirements by Zero defects
GM Pens International Private Ltd., (Reynolds,)
Brite Brothers Private Ltd.
Supreme Industries Private Ltd,
TVS Sundaram Fasteners Limited, etc.
NEED FOR THE STUDY
This analysis helps to pre estimate the demand
about the plastic products.
This analysis helps concern to get the decision
about the market and devise suitable strategies
Since forecasting considers being backbone of
the Company sales, this progression will lead
to the success of the Company’s expansions
This analysis help to know the opportunities
and threats of plastic product demand
REVIEW OF LITERATURE
Demands are wants for specific products backed
by an ability to pay. Many people want a
Mercedes; only a few are willing and able to buy
one. Companies must measure not only how many
people want their product but also how many
would actually be willing and able to buy it
Forecasting the art of anticipating what buyers are
likely to do under a given set of conditions
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
• To identify potential demand for the plastic
product at different areas in Puducherry.
• To estimate demand of plastic product in near
• To find out the consumption rate of plastic
product in Puducherry.
• To study and understand the quality needs of
plastic product by the customer.
• To identify competitor market demand.
• Source of data- Primary data
• Sampling Method- Convenient Sampling Method
• Sample Size- 50
• Instrument – Questionnaire
• Data collection- Drop and Collect method
• Data analysis- SPSS Package version 14
• Statistical analysis- diagrammatic representation,
weighted average method
• From the study if is found that 36% is commodity ,14% is automobile ,
22% is engineering ,12% is textile and 16% is medicine
• From the study we found that most of industry exist above 10
years(48%) in the industry. 36 % of respondent have 4-5 years experience
and 16 % have 6-10 years experience
• According to the study it is found that most of the industry placed an
order based on demand ( 90%), and 6 % of the respondent placing the
order on the basis of seasonal
• From the study it is found that quantity of plastic needed per month
(injection molding) for 6-15 ton is 52% and 26-40 ton is 48%.
• In ACT Plastic according to the study it is found that, most of the industry
had opinion that similar products offered by other suppliers is about the
same(80%) compare to present supplier
• From that study it is found that majority of the industries needed specification of
plastic product is 1-250 grams (86%) and 14 % of the respondent needed 251 – 500
• It is found that raw material used by more industry are ABS (40%)and PPHP &
PPLP (40%). 20 % of the respondent are using all kind of materials.
• It is found that, 52% of the industry need 6-15 tons of blow molding per month and
48 % of the respondent needed of the plastics upto 40 ton.
• According to this study it is found that , 62% of the industry need above 40 tons of
Injection Molding per month after 2 year and 38 % of the respondent needed 26 – 40
tonns after 2 years per month
• It is found that, 94% are satisfied with the present supplier
• From the study it is found that 28% of market share occupied by supreme next to that
is saba (18%)
• From the study it is found that, most of the industry highly satisfied with the
service(90%) of supplier for purchasing raw material and most of them satisfied with
the delivery time ,safety and reliability for purchasing raw material
• From the study it is found that, most of the industries purchase raw material first
because of low cost then second by delivery time followed by brand and service
SUGGESTION AND RECOMMENDATIONS
– Overall study it is observed that there is high quantity of
plastics will be demanded in future. Many Original
Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) and plastics needs
company planning to setup the plant in Pondicherry.
– The company can installed the high technology injection
moulding machines. Presently ACT Company using Low
technology and manual machines, this can be changed.
– The company can follow the expansion strategy.
– The Company can for go for certification like TPM, EMS,
and TS 16496
• In today’s business dynamic, knowledge and technology based, people are
being called on take on higher and more complex responsibilities. With
increased responsibility, comes higher impact on the organization’s success.
Demand and forecasting, a main strategy for identify the market potential.
The demand forecast gives the expected levels of demand for goods or
services. This is the basic input for business planning and control. Hence, the
decisions for all the functions of any corporate house are influenced by the
• Finally, From the overall study of an analysis on demand and
forecasting of plastic product the researcher may conclude that there is
huge need of plastics will be demanded after 2 years in plastics sectors
in Puducherry location. It may be Approximately 50 tons per month. This
will happen due to many Original Equipment Manufacturing units planning
to Setup Company in Puducherry Locations. Once the demands are
identified, it would be possible for the management to take the necessary
action to improve the business.
LIMITATIONS OF THE PROJECT
• The study is based upon small populations like 50
• The time duration of the study is less than the
• Since this is the new project called “demand and
forecasting”, sufficient review of literature /case
study is not available.
• The Project data can be valid up to six months,
Hence there are chances of changes in the findings
and result obtained
SCOPE FOR THE FURTHER STUDY
• The project throws light on the specification for plastic
product in Puducherry
• The project was developed to identify potential demand
for plastic product
• It will be helpful for the Management to expand the
plant in future.
• This project can be base for the students who are doing
the project in the related area.
II YEAR M.B.A