The Book Ball Book Report
Mr. Feramisco – English 8H - 150 points
Due Date: 3-2-2012
You will read a free-choice book and then put your knowledge and creative skills into action. You will
create a 12-sided Book Ball that incorporates each one of the elements below. The Ball can be made
out of printer paper or construction paper in any color of your choosing. You need to remember to do
all of your writing and decorating on the paper within the pentagon before you cut and fold the circles.
You may add any decorations or drawings to any unused space on the paper. The sides are as
1. Title Side: Write your name and the title and author of your book.
2. Author Side: Write a brief (8-10 sentences) author bio.
3. Character Side: Describe the main character of the story. Include both physical
traits and personality characteristics.
4. Setting Side: Draw a picture or a map of the setting of the story.
5. Illustration Side: Draw a picture of the most exciting, the funniest, or the most
interesting scene in the story.
6-7. Summary Sides: Write a summary of the book on these two sides. Include key
ideas, important events, and all relevant information, without giving away the ending.
8. Poetry Side: Write a poem (any type, 10 lines or longer, does not have to rhyme)
about the story, a certain character, or a favorite scene.
9. Alternate Ending Side: In one paragraph, write a different ending to the story (8-10
10-11. Review Side: Write a 2 paragraph Book review (8-10 sentences).
12. Qualities Side: Describe two qualities about one of the characters that you admire.
When all sides and decorations are complete:
- Carefully cut out the 12 circles,
- Fold the crescents on the lines around the circle so that the folds are standing up or
- Align the crescent of one circle to the crescent of another and staple them together
(glue might come unglued). Each crescent will be stapled to a different circle’s
crescent all the way around to create a ball.
*Be sure that all edges are facing up and are framing your pictures or paragraphs!
*Use any artistic techniques you’d like. The more creative and visually/intellectually stimulating, the
better your grade will be. Of course, you must fulfill the side requirements first.
*Use the template provided for the project; you cannot make it bigger or smaller.
*You can download this doc and type directly onto it if you’d like.