Business Technology Applications - Microsoft Excel
Projects: Chapter 1: Creating a Worksheet and an Embedded Chart
1. Class Demo-- Save as Save Sable River Foundation followed by your initial and last name. Features
include: entering numbers, calculating sums, using the fill handle, and formatting the worksheet,
selecting cells, adding a clustered cylinder chart, using the autocalculate feature, and correcting errors.
2. (10 pts.) In the book on page EX54, complete the Learn It Online (LIO) activity in which you go to the
www.scsite.com/ex2010/learn. For Chapter 1, select the true- false questions and list your answers
below. Do NOT use T or F—Write TRUE or FALSE.
1. ________________________ 6. ________________________
2.________________________ 7. ________________________
3.________________________ 8. ________________________
4.________________________ 9. ________________________
5.________________________ 10. _______________________
3. (20 pts.) Complete the Make It Right (MIR) activity #1-12 on page EX57-58 from the student files Make
It Right 1-1 Pets. Resave as MIR 1-1 Exotic Pets Annual Cost of Goods, From File, Print, and click Setup
(at the bottom) to go into Page, Margins, Header/Footer, and Sheet Tabs. Do you see gridlines? Do
you see Row and Column Headings? Do you see your name, lesson, and date in a header? Is it
landscape and fit to one page? If so, print and attach to this sheet.
4. (20 pts.) Complete Project 1 #1-12 (Lab 1-1 A Healthy Body Shop Annual Revenue Analysis) pp. 58-59.
Skip step 9 and Do not print until you have made the changes. Print once at the end of all directions.
Follow procedures from Page Setup and Print the revised worksheet in #11 and attach to this sheet.
5. (20 pts.) Project 2 #1-8 (Lab 1-2 Play ‘em Again Semiannual Revenue) pages EX 59—60. Follow
procedures in Page Setup and Print after #11 in Lab 2 after the changes have been made and saved.
Attach to this sheet.
6. (20 pts.) Complete Project #1 of the Cases & Places on page EX 63. Save as Travel Club Quarterly
Expenses. Include the totals and averages as instructed. Follow procedures from Page Setup and print
and attach to this sheet.
Remember to put your TYPED name, lesson name, and date on all printed documents in a header from Page Setup.
Turn on gridlines and row/column headings. Use Landscape orientation and fit to one page. All work MUST be saved
in your H: Drive/Your folder/Excel/Chapter 1 folder, not a USB flash drive, with the filename and your first initial and
last name. (Example: Lab 1-1 A Healthy Body Shop Annual Revenue Analysis glott) SAVE EARLY & SAVE OFTEN!