• N- National
• A - Association
• S - Securities
• D - Dealers
• A - Automated
• Q - Quotation System
Types of Stocks
• Growth - Reinvests profits into Co.
• Penny - Less than $5 per share
• Blue Chip - Well established Co.
• Income - Consistently pays a dividend
• Cyclical - Up and Down with Economy
• Defensive - Remains stable even during
Common Vs. Preferred
Can only lose what you put in
• COMMON • PREFERRED
– Vote - policy – No voting rights
decisions - more – Dividends are fixed
shares more votes – Paid first
– Less Risky
– Receive Dividends if
Co. is doing well
– Paid 2nd
BULL VS. BEAR
• BULL - Is a stock market with rising stock
prices over an extended time.
• BEAR - Is a stock market with falling
prices over an extended period of time.
• Prospectus – how fund operates, distributed
by law, The company Must provide