Intro to Hormonal Regulation, Secretion,
To complete this worksheet, select:
Title: Intro to Hormonal Regulation, Secretion, and Concentration
1. Define hormones.
2. Describe the method of hormone transportation.
3. Define target cells.
4. What happens when a hormone binds to a receptor?
5. Why must hormone quantities be precisely regulated?
6. Neurotranmitters, Hormones, and humoral blood components, all serve as “signal molecules” that either
activate or inhibit endocrine cell activity.
a. Describe how neurotransmitters activate endocrine cells.
b. Describe how hormones can regulate secretions from other glands.
c. Describe how blood components can regulate endocrine activity.
7. Describe up and down regulation by receptor number.
8. a. Describe how endocrine and target cells form a feedback loop.
b. Describe a positive feedback mechanism.
c. Describe an example of a negative feedback mechanism.