Reaching new heights.
By doing what’s right.
Attain leadership through business
excellence in the sectors we operate in,
while upholding our values and integrity,
to improve the quality of life of the
communities we serve.
“With honest and straightforward business principles, close “The Cycle is complete: what came from the People has
and careful attention to details, and the ability to take gone back to the People many times more.”
advantage of favourable opportunities and circumstances,
there is a scope for success.” Jehangir Ratanji Dadabhoy Tata
Jamsetji Tata, Founder – Tata Group
(1839 – 1904)
Integrity: We must conduct our business fairly, with honesty and
transparency. Everything we do must stand the test of public
Understanding: We must be caring, show respect, compassion
and humanity for our colleagues and customers around the world,
and always work for the benefit of the communities we serve.
Excellence: We must constantly strive to achieve the highest
possible standards in our day-to-day work and in the quality of the
goods and services we provide.
Unity: We must work cohesively with our colleagues across the
group and with our customers and partners around the
world, building strong relationships based on tolerance, understanding and mutual cooperation.
Responsibility: We must continue to be responsible, sensitive to the countries, communities and environments in which we work,
always ensuring that what comes from the people goes back to the people many times over.
India’s largest business group
Diverse business in 7 sectors
International income: 61% of Group Revenue
Operations in over: 80 countries
Products and services exported to: 85 countries
Largest employer in private sector: 4,25,000 employees
Group revenue FY2011: $83.3bn
International FY2011: 58%
Listed Companies: 31 publicly listed Tata companies with a market
capitalization of more than 73.86bn (Nov 2011)
Pioneering a Nation’s Future
Tata Group – The Way Forward
Welcome to a world
of financial offerings
Tata Capital Limited
• A subsidiary of Tata Sons Limited
• Registered with the Reserve Bank of India as a systemically important
non deposit-accepting non-banking financial company (NBFC) offering
fund and fee-based financial services to its customers
• A trusted and customer-centric, one-stop financial services provider
catering to the diverse needs of retail, corporate and institutional
• Headquartered in Mumbai and has a wide network of over 100
branches across key cities in India
• Subsidiaries in London and Singapore
The most admired financial solutions partner.
Our philosophy is rooted in the Tata Group’s core values:
Integrity, Understanding, Unity, Excellence and Responsibility.
To exemplify these core values in the financial sector and become
the leading financial solutions partner in India, with a global footprint.
To become a pioneering and forward-looking organization that is collaborative,
nimble, innovative and responsive to the changing financial needs of our clients.
To be a reliable and a result-oriented custodian of our clients’ finances.
To create an amicable atmosphere of collaboration, understanding and unity.
To ensure happy, motivated and engaged employees.
To be trusted, admired and respected amongst all our stakeholders: clients,
employees, regulators, shareholders and the community at large.
To achieve our vision by only doing what's right.
“We only do what’s right for you”
• Tata Capital brings the trust and expertise of the Tatas to an
economically and socially relevant sector like financial
• The essence of brand Tata Capital is encapsulated in our
brand proposition – ‘We only do what’s right for you’ or ‘Karein
wahi jo aapke liye sahi’
• We seek to build strong relationships with our customers and
deliver superior and consistent customer experience across
all products and touch-points
We believe that our choices make us who we are; and at Tata Capital:
We choose to put our customer’s interest above ours, and fulfill their needs.
We choose to use our expertise to get the best results for our customers.
We choose to innovate and come up with new ways to fulfill our customers’ needs.
We choose to make promises we can keep, and keep the ones that we have made.
We choose to believe that we enrich our customers, and not just make them rich.
We choose to be humble and courteous with everyone who walks through our doors.
We choose to respect our customers and colleagues, and in turn gain their respect.
We choose to earn our stakeholders’ trust and not just expect it.
We choose to let not just our expertise, but also our conscience lead us.
We believe our choices make us who we are.
So we choose to do only what is right. And nothing less.
• Corporate sustainability is a cornerstone for business operations
• Socially responsible corporate citizen and a socially committed
• Make sincere efforts to protect the interests of all our stake
holders and contribute to society
• Four focus areas under the Tata Capital Corporate Social
Responsibility Policy- Livelihood & Employment, Health,
Education & Environment
Tata Capital’s range of offerings caters to the diverse financial requirements of its retail, corporate and institutional customers.
Home Loans Securities
A Unique Customer Centric Business Model
• Tata Capital aims to build itself as a customer centric organization,
with the capability to offer a comprehensive suite of products and
services to retail, corporate and institutional customers
• Reinforcing this commitment towards customer centricity, we have
created a unique common sales and service structure - a ‘one stop
shop’ for the customer, servicing his entire financial requirements
through a ‘single window’
• At the heart of this unique model lies the concept of presenting a
one-point interface to the customers through which all their
financial needs get serviced
Consumer Finance & Advisory Business
• Consumer Finance and Advisory Business (CFAB) offer a diverse
mix of Retail offerings in the areas of Consumer Finance and
Investment Advisory services
• These include: Auto Loans, Personal Loans, Business Loans,
Education Loans, Loans against Property, Loan against Shares#
and Loans against Gold#
• At the heart of CFAB lies strong front end and back end
integration to offer a single window interface to the customer
where the customer has a single Relationship Manager cutting
across product lines
• Our key differentiator, is providing the right advice based on a
deeper understanding of customer's needs
#Currently available in select cities only
• Whether it is selecting the right investment opportunity, growing a
financial portfolio or building a retirement nest, our Wealth Management
team guides our customers at every step
• Backed with strong research capabilities and a deep understanding of
our customers, our team helps recommend and execute a customized
financial strategy that is just right for our customers
• The spectrum of offerings includes, Investment Advisory services and
market third party investment products like Portfolio Mangement
Services, Private Equity/ Venture Capital Funds, Structured Products,
Mutual Funds, Fixed Deposits and Bonds
• With its wide array of products and customized service, our commercial
finance business, helps small, medium and large corporates grow their
• Our team of handpicked professionals offers in-depth expertise to help
customers keep pace with the changing marketplace and offer them
appropriate solutions to meet their ever-growing financial needs
• Our range of offerings includes Term Loans, Working Capital Loans,
Channel Finance, Bill Discounting, Promoter Funding and Structured
• Our Infrastructure Finance business caters to the specialized
needs of the infrastructure sector
• With an array of attractive finance options to suit the varying
needs of its customers, both large and small and backed by a
reputation of reliability and trust, it brings a promise of quality
and world-class service
• Our range of offerings includes Equipment Finance, Project
Finance, Equipment Rentals, Refinance, Top Up Loans and
• Tata Capital Investment Banking services help Institutions and
Corporates manage and grow their business via high quality
financial advisory services and capital market solutions
• Our team of dedicated and experienced professionals
understands the needs of its customers and offers them cost-
effective solutions from a bouquet of services comprising M&A
Advisory, PE Syndication and Debt and Equity Capital Market
* Brought to you by Tata Securities Limited (TSL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tata Capital Limited. TSL holds a
Category I Merchant Banking license from the Securities and Exchange Board of India.
• Tata Capital Limited and its subsidiaries advice and manage
multiple Private Equity Funds with AUM of over USD 900 million.
Funds backed by marque domestic and global investors
• Highly talented, dedicated fund teams with relevant experience
and track record – professionals based in India, Singapore and
• Deployed over USD 150 million in private equity transactions
across sectors and stages
• Strong focus on value addition at portfolio companies
• Bouquet of Private Equity Funds include: Tata Opportunities
Fund, Tata Capital Growth Fund; Tata Capital Innovation Fund;
Tata Capital Healthcare Fund and Tata Capital Special Situations
• Tata Securities Limited*, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata
Capital Limited, offers, both institutional and retail customers,
quality products and services like equity trading and research
• With a strong research and execution team, and
uncompromising ethical standards, Tata Securities strives to
work in the interest of its customers and has successfully built
a franchise of strong relations
*Tata Securities Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Capital Limited. Registered Office: One Forbes, Dr. V. B. Gandhi Marg, Fort, Mumbai – 400 001. Board No: +91 22 6745 9000. Fax: +91 22
66378379. Member of Bombay Stock Exchange Limited. SEBI Regn. Nos. INB010664150 & INF011207954. Member of National Stock Exchange of India Limited. SEBI Regn Nos. INB/F/E 231288730
Depository Participant of CDSL. SEBI Regn. No. IN-DP-CDSL-450-2008. Depository Participant of NSDL. SEBI Regn. No. IN-DP-NSDL-298-2008. Portfolio Manager. SEBI Regn. No. INP000003872. ARN
0021 Distributors of IPO and Mutual Funds.
• The Tata Card* combines the convenience of a
powerful credit card with a rewarding membership to
the Empower program
• The credit card allows customers to earn points and
the Empower program, India's first multi-brand loyalty
program, offers them the advantage of redeeming
these points across several loyalty programs
*Tata Card is a White Label Card issued, operated and serviced by the State Bank of India
Traveller- Forex & Travel Related Services
• Traveller offers a range of Foreign Exchange and Travel Related
• Our wide range of Foreign Exchange Services* include traveller
cheques, foreign currency notes, foreign currency denominated pre-
paid travel cards, inward money transfer service and other
associated travel related products like travel insurance, prepaid
• Our travel related services** help cater to a range of travel needs -
from planning customized holiday packages for individual customers
to group travel arrangements for corporate customers
• Our wide range of services includes Airline ticketing, Visa and
passport facilitation, Hotel accommodation and Cars-hire and
* brought to you by TT Holdings & Services Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tata Capital Limited
** brought to you by TC Travel and Services Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tata Capital Limited
• Tata Capital Pte. Ltd. (TCPL) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of
Tata Capital Limited based in Singapore.
• It is envisaged to forefront Tata Capital’s global footprint. TCPL
offers proprietary investments, business and trade investment,
treasury and cross border leasing amongst other activities
• Tata Capital Markets Pte. Ltd. And Tata Capital Advisors Pte.
Ltd. are 100% subsidiaries of TCPL and are in the areas of
capital markets and private equity respectively
• The paid-up Share Capital of Tata Capital Limited as on September 2011 is Rs. 2551.02 crore
• Tata Sons Limited directly and indirectly owns 90.22% of the Equity Share Capital, 1.98% is held by Tata Capital Limited
Employee Welfare Trust, and 7.80% is held by Others
• Tata Capital Limited is a fast expanding financial services provider and has made strong progress during the initial years of business
YTD Sept 2011 (Rs. Crore)
Book Size 17,759
Total Advances 16,276
Net Worth 2,697
Capital Adequacy Ratio 16.82%
Tata Capital Managing Committee
Praveen P Kadle | Managing Director
Govind S Sankaranarayanan | Chief Financial Officer
Amar Sinhji | Head - Human Resources
R Vaithianathan | Head – Consumer Finance & Advisory Business
Pradeep C Bandivadekar | COO, Corporate Finance
J Niranjan | Head - Investment Banking
Avijit Bhattacharya | CEO, Tata Securities
Rajan Bhat | Head - Forex, Travel and Cards Business
Our Strategic Alliances
• With International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of World Bank Group to form Tata Cleantech Capital
Limited (TCCL) to assist, via lending and advisory services, small, mid-sized and even large companies to
promote clean technology.
• With AIMIA (formerly Groupe Aeroplan) - the Canadian Loyalty Marketing giant to launch a global multi-party
coalition loyalty program in India.
• With Mizuho Securities Co. Ltd. to foster business cooperation in private equity, investment banking
including cross border mergers and acquisitions, securities business including broking and distribution,
structured finance and other business areas such as wealth management.
• With Mizuho Corporate Bank Limited (MHCB) to foster business cooperation, enhancing cross-market
value creation capabilities, strengthening competitive advantages in addition to aiding each other in gaining
a deeper understanding of the Indian and Japanese markets. As part of the understanding, Tata Capital and
MHCB will cooperate in a wide-range of business areas. Some of these include Ninja Loans, Project and
Infrastructure Finance and Treasury Products.
• With Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Co., Limited to establish a basis of cooperation in a wide range of strategic
business areas that include cross-border investment banking, global offering of Indian equities and working
towards development of the local bond market.
Talk to Us
For any queries regarding our products and services, or for any
other assistance, do reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call
us at 1800-209-6060. You may also write to us at:
• Tata Capital Limited
One Forbes | Dr. V B Gandhi Marg | Fort | Mumbai -400 001
Board Line: +91 22 6745 9000 | Fax: +91 22 6610 6722
• Tata Capital Pte. Ltd.
#19/01 AXA Tower | 8, Shanton Way | Singapore - 068 811
Land phone: +65 6592 0981 | Fax: +65 6324 0955
• Tata Capital Plc.
30 Millbank | London | SW1P 4WY | UK
Board Line: +44 20 7975 8382 | Fax: +44 20 7975 8381
Registered Office: One Forbes, Dr. V B Gandhi Marg, Mumbai 400 001, India | +91 22 6745 9000 | www.tatacapital.com
• This presentation can not be copied and/or disseminated in any manner
• This communication is for general information purpose only, without regard to specific objectives, financial situations and needs of any particular person
• This presentation does not constitute an offer or invitation to purchase or subscribe for any shares in the Company and neither any part of it shall form the basis of or be relied upon in connection with any
contract or commitment whatsoever.
• No representation or warranty, expressed or implied is made as to, and no reliance should be placed on, the fairness, accuracy, completeness or correctness of such information or opinions contained herein
• The information contained in this presentation is only current as of its date
• Certain statements made in this presentation may not be based on historical information or facts and may be “forward looking statements”, including those relating to the Company’s general business plans
and strategy, its future financial condition and growth prospects, and future developments in its industry and its competitive and regulatory environment
• The Forward Looking Statements contained in this presentation speak only as of the date of this presentation, and hence and it may not reflect the current views of TCL .
• Actual results may differ materially from these forward-looking statements due to a number of factors, including future changes or developments in the Company’s business, its competitive environment and
political, economic, legal and social conditions in India
• Given these uncertainties, readers/viewers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such Forward Looking Statements, and should rely entirely on their own independent enquiries, investigations and
advice regarding any information contained in this presentation. Any reliance placed by a reader/viewers on the information contained in this presentation is wholly at their risk.
• The Company may alter, modify or otherwise change in any manner the content of this presentation, without obligation to notify any person of such revision or changes
• No part of this material shall be copied or duplicated in any form by any means, or redistributed.
• Copyright of presentation solely and exclusively belongs to Tata Capital Ltd, and regardless of the purpose, any reproduction and/or use of this presentation in any shape or form without the prior written
consent of Tata Capital Ltd is strictly prohibited.