Peer Editing Checklist for Narrative Writing
1. Is there a clear beginning?
2. In the beginning, are the setting and main characters introduced?
3. Was a ‘story starter’ used?
a. Which story starter was used? ___________________________
4. Is there a clear middle? This is where the story should really be developed.
5. In the middle, there should be a main problem, and several attempts to solve it by
the characters, OR several events that occur.
6. Are connectors used to move the story along?
7. Is there a clear ending that makes sense for the story?
8. Is there a prewrite and does it match the story?
9. Does it show, not tell?
10. Does it make sense?
11. Is the writing in order and organized?
12. Is the grammar correct?
13. Is spelling correct?
14. Was it as detailed as it could have been?
15. Did each sentence start differently than most others?
16. Were many different words used or did the writer say things the same way all the