• Legend of Shangri-La
• Company History
• Corporate Philosophy
• Guiding Principles
The name Shangri-La
was inspired by the imaginary land
featured in James Hilton's legendary novel,
Although mythical in origin,
the name perfectly encapsulates the serenity
and service for which Shangri-La Hotels are renowned
Asia and around the world.
• Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts established by Kuok Group of Companies.
• The Head office is located in Hong Kong.
• The regional office in Beijing supports hotels in China
• The first Shangri-La hotel opened in Singapore in 1971
• 23,500 staffs / 20,000 rooms at 41 hotels in 10 countries.
• Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts was bought by Shangri-La Asia in September 1997
• Delight customers by providing quality and value
through distinctive service and innovative products.
• Have an understanding of what our customers want.
• Define quality standards.
• Strive to provide guests and employees alike with accepted
• Expect each hotel to be financially successful.
• To render a return to the investors.
• “ SHANGRI-LA HOSPITALITY FROM CARING PEOPLE”
• The core values of Asian hospitality are respect, sincerity,
helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
• Remain conscious of responsibilities to the communities that our
hotels are located.
• A founding member of the “Asia Pacific Hotel Environmental
• Ensure leadership drives for results and work together as one team -
• Make customer loyalty through
– Consistency in delivery of service.
– Delighting customers in every customer contact.
– Executive having a customer contact role.
• Enable decision making at customer contact point.
• Commit to the financial success of company both short and long term.
• Create the appropriate working environment
• Demonstrate honesty, care and integrity.
• Ensure our procedures are customer and employee friendly, enabled by
• Be conscientious in environment, safety and security.
• Viewed its individual hotels as internal customers
and business associates.
• Centralise operational and market facilities.
• Hong Kong head office and Beijing regional office
provide support through qualified specialist located
in individual hotels and regional offices.
Global sales, •Finance
Distribution & Yield
• Major Disciplines for Management
the benefit of the hotels. Public relations & Central &
Group Advertising Regional
E-business •Group rooms
Human Resource Group Food
Training & & Beverage
•Technical Services Internal
& IT Support Auditing
Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts
• Management Contract
• Shangri-La Hotel and
• Traders Hotels Brand
Frequent Flyer Programme
Global Sales Network
Shangri-La Asia Limited
(Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability)
HKEx Stock Code : 69
SGX Stock Code : Shang Asia 2kHK$
ADR : SHALY
Shangri-La Hotels (Malaysia) Berhad, Malaysia
(listed on Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange)
KLSE Stock Code : 5517
Shangri-La Hotel Public Company Limited, Thailand
(listed on The Stock Exchange of Thailand)
SET Stock Code : Shang
•Food & Beverage
•Hotels and Property Development
• Best Asia Pacific Hotel Chain, Travel Bulletin (UK)
• Superbrands Asia 2002, Reader’s Digest (Asia)
• Best Hotel Chain in Asia Pacific, Global Finance (USA)
• Best Business Hotel Brand in Asia Pacific, Business Traveller (Asia
• Best Business Hotel Chain in Asia Pacific, Business Traveller (Europe)
• Best Asia Pacific Hotel Group, Travel Weekly (UK)
• Best Regional Hotel Chain, Travel Trade Gazette (Asia)
• One of Asia’s Best Hotel Chain for Business, Asiamoney
• One of Asia’s Best Hotel Chain for Leisure, Asiamoney