Green Knights Military Motorcycle Club
Name and Authority
The name of this organization shall be the Green Knights Motorcycle Club, National Chapter
and hereafter referred to as the National GKMMC. The national organization adheres and
enforces all rules and guidelines outlined in this document, Department of Defense Instructions,
state laws and associated by-laws and all applicable directives and policies.
National will not mandate additional rules/regulations beyond this document. Each local chapter
will be responsible to police their own chapters and deal with individuals as they see fit.
In the event additional Green Knights Chapters are formed at military or Department of Defense
(DoD) facilities/installations. The newly formed chapter will present a request in writing (e-mail
or snail mail) to the National Chapter Director requesting authorization to use the Green Knights
Purpose, Goals, and Objectives (General)
PURPOSE: To establish and maintain a spirit of comradeship and esprit de corps that will
enhance the prestige of all motorcycle riders, encourage on-going rider education and skills
development, and reduce the potential of motorcycle mishaps. As Green Knights we set an
example for all personnel according to the standards, traditions, and customs of the United States
Armed Forces. To operate and conduct ourselves in a manner that provides equal opportunity
and treatment for all motorcyclists. Fight for biker rights on base and represent the motorcycle
community on the installation.
Most of all uphold the code of the Green Knights:
Charity, Honor, Truth, Respect, Support, Loyalty, and Commitment
1. All GKMC members should seek to improve morale, promote rider awareness and
skills improvement. Each chapter should try to enhance the base and local community
relationship through community service efforts and events by unifying and combining the
unique and individual talents of the GKMMC members.
2. Chapters members are encouraged to actively participate, to support the objectives of
the GKMC by setting a positive example, and to promote the safety and welfare of all
OBJECTIVES (Expected of GKMMC Chapters):
1. Provide each member with the collective knowledge, experience, and influence of the
GKMMC positively affecting motorcycling on and off the installation.
2. Improve rider skills through mentorship for new riders and continuing education for
3. Establish an effective means of communication with all members to exchange ideas
and keep attuned to changes in attitudes and behaviors of installation riders.
4. Promote the positive status of motorcycle riders of all services in the United States
5. Promote and support safety recognition programs.
6. Introduce new riders to the GKMMC and familiarize them with the goals and
objectives of the GKMMC.
7. Promote social gatherings upon the base as well as with local community leaders.
8. Plan for and promote the use of designated driver and other effective DWI prevention
programs with all GKMMC sponsored, organized or attended events where alcoholic
beverages will be consumed.
9. Provide a forum wherein any policy, program, or problem of interest to the members
in general, and wing leadership in particular, may be discussed freely.
10. Assist in maintaining a high state of group morale and esprit de corps, while
encouraging the highest standards of safety, bearing, and behavior.
11. Improve the morale and welfare of the GKMMC members and their family members.
12. Invite guest speakers to talk about topics of interest to the members, with emphasis
on safety, rider skills, and community/family enhancement.
Qualification of National Members
SECTION A: National membership in the GKMMC shall be strictly voluntary and without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or handicap. National Members will
remain in their positions while in good standing. See items listed in Section B of this chapter to
outline reasons for dismissal.
Positions will not be granted to any member of a known or unknown outlaw motorcycle club.
Active members must have a motorcycle endorsement on their license and maintain insurance as
required by law. All active duty military members and civilian employees (as required by DoD
and service instructions) will have a Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) Basic RiderCourseSM
or Experienced RiderCourseSM completion card. All members must be aware that they are
jointly and severely liable for the obligations of the GKMC.
Green Knights National Chapter: The Green Knights MMC will use GKMMC Chapter X as the
National Chapter. This chapter will be used for members between chapters or reside in an area
that does not possess a chapter.
SECTION B: Reasons for National Membership Dismissal.
Under certain situations, National Members may be dismissed from their positions if.
1. Any member convicted of a DUI/DWI will be suspended from active membership status
in the GKMC, instantly placed on probation, and a formal investigation will be
performed by the National Sgt at Arms.
2. Any Officer who performs an act not in accordance with DoD, State, local, or Green
3. Any Officer who endangers another rider’s life or their own.
1. GKMC National Officers may only be removed from their office by due process.
2. To begin the process, a Chapter President will send evidence of removal to the National
If the National Coordinator is the focus of the sections, the Sgt at Arms will
handle these actions and assign a chapter president as temporary National
3. The National Coordinator will send the evidence to the National Sgt at Arms.
If the National Sgt at Arms is the party in question, the National Coordinator will
assign one of the base level Sgt at Arms to perform the investigation.
4. The National Sgt at Arms will perform a full investigation and send the results to the
5. The National Coordinator will publish the results for all chapter presidents. A two-thirds
“yeah” is required to precede with the removal process.
6. Both sides will be allowed to present their sides of the case.
7. The accused individual may ask for another Green Knight to plead their case to the ruling
8. Once bother sides have been heard, a majority vote will be taken (see voting section)
The following By-Laws are set forth for the normal operation and administration of the
GKMMC and will be directed on, and a guide for, the GKMMC officers and members.
Officers, Their Duties, Member Duties and Laws, and Elections
SECTION A: (Nominated Officers) The position of all national positions must be held by
Green Knight members who have displayed and promoted the Green Knights MMC in a positive
light.. National members may not hold any of the following positions at their local chapters:
2. Vice President
SECTION B: (Duties of National Officers) The following positions are established to act as
the POC’s for their assigned duties.
2. MSF Coordinator
5. Member Advocate
6. Chapter X President
The duties are as follow:
1. Acts as main POC for Green Knights issues
2. Maintain the Green Knights Trademark
3. Help Establish New Chapters
4. Coordinate all Chapter Votes
5. Ensure information for the chapters are shared. Pass along good ideas
6. Track each clubs primary officers
7. Manage/Coordinate yearly on the National Chapter By-Laws.
8. Ensure the standardization of rituals is maintained.
9. Guide and strengthen newly elected officers and initiate them to the duties levied
upon them by their duly appointed positions.
10. Act as GKMC spokesperson.
11. Appoint officers to the following non-elected positions as he/she sees fit.
a. NATIONAL HISTORIAN (Maintains documentation of Green Knights history).
i. Responsible for collecting, categorizing, and preserving all material related to
ii. Preserve and protect original artifacts to the best of their ability.
iii. Make copies of all original information, pictures, and articles to be kept in a
separate location in the event the originals are lost.
b. NATIONAL WEBMASTER
i. Maintains the GKMC web site and ensures all information on the site is
i. The National Editor is responsible for coordinating, writing, and proofing the
National Newsletter the Green Knights Guardian.
d. MEMBER ADVOCATE
i. Member Advocate is designed to be the voice of the basic member.
ii. Speak on behalf of member concerns
iii. Council/address members that may have issues with the club.
e. CHAPTER X PRESIDENT
i. Will coordinate all information to be sent to “Members at Large”
ii. Will keep a roster of all Chapter X members.
iii. Coordinate with Chapter Leads when members move to an area with a
The duties are as follows:
1. Assume duties of the Coordinator in his/her absence.
2. Acts as POC for all MSF related issues
3. Ensures all chapters are kept current on MSF issues.
4. Informs the chapters to casualty statistics.
5. Fights for Green Knights rights in the MSF.
6. Sends out/coordinates on safety issues.
7. Provides incite/advise on safety issues.
8. Provides any safety alerts/recalls/ or information that may affect the GKMC.
9. Help establish new clubs.
This position is equivalent to the United States Air Force First Sergeant position.
The duties are as follows:
1. Enforce all the rules within the by-laws and ensure club members arrive on time to club
events and meetings.
2. Empowered to question a rider’s actions that may be unbecoming.
3. Settles disputes between chapters.
4. Investigates violations of National Members.
5. Acts as the OPR for:
Wearing of Colors
Warnings that may endanger GKMC members
Acts as OPR on outlaw organizations
6. Reviews GKMC websites and makes recommendations.
7. Track members who are deemed as unfit to be a Green Knight or has been asked to leave
a chapter. Upon request, any chapter representative may ask to see the info.
8. Help establish new chapters
MEMBER DUTIES AND LAWS
1. Members will above all, uphold the basic club principles of charity, honor, truth,
respect, support, loyalty and commitment. Any member wishing to join the GKMC
must abide by, embrace, and practice these principles, particularly when involved
with club or inter-club business. Failure could result in dismissal or suspension.
2. When representing the club on and off the installation, all members will conduct
themselves with the highest regard of the club principles. The club must not be
tarnished by unrestrained behavior, disrespect of fellow citizens, or acts that generally
reflect poorly on the clubs’ image and reputation.
3. Members will not endanger the Club or any member by participating in any illegal act
or acts. If a member is arrested for illegal activities they will be automatically
suspended from club activities and if found guilty of the offense(s) they will be
4. Each member serves as a safety officer. Each member is responsible to identify and
correct any condition that threatens the welfare of club members or the general
public. Any willful act of unsafe riding witnessed by a fellow club member(s) could
result in denial of membership. Members may plead their case at the next meeting.
5. Activities will be conducted to encourage participation by all club members and no
laws will be enacted which favor or separate members by the type of motorcycle they
6. It is the intent of this club to have all members own and ride a motorcycle to remain a
member. If a members’ motorcycle is given up or removed from their possession, a
grace period of four months will be granted before membership is revoked. The
member may petition for an extension of their membership to the Executive Board at
the meeting on the last month of their grace period.
7. No member will ride under an impaired physical condition. It is the member’s
responsibility to maintain themselves within legal limits imposed by the state in
which they are operating their motorcycle, the Department of Defense, the United
States Air Force, and Hanscom AFB. Every member will make every effort to
prevent another member from riding in an impaired condition.
8. Members will always hold the club in the highest regard. A member will never
angrily accost, assault, or slander any other fellow club member.
9. Any member that endangers the club, other riders, civilians, or another club by riding
in an unsafe manner will be automatically dismissed from the club. At the next
GKMC meeting, the individual may plead their case before the main body.
10. If any member asks for assistance, every member is expected to do everything within
their power to provide aid.
11. Members will do their best to protect all members of this club. If a member provokes
an incident, members will do their best to resolve the matter in a peaceful manner and
deal with the offending member as quickly as possible. The Sergeant-At-Arms will
perform a full investigation and determine if the member will be terminated from the
club, sanctions placed upon, or absolved of blame.
12. Members will embrace and encourage an atmosphere of skill improvement,
responsible riding, and riding enjoyment and discourage aggressive, competitive, and
potentially self destructive riding behaviors.
SECTION D: (VOTING) No one person or Knight will have full power. All chapters will have
an equal vote in Green Knight affairs.
1. Each Chapter President will have will have the voting ability for their club.
2. In the event the President was not available, the voting rights will be passed down the
leadership chain of command.
3. National members will not have a vote on chapter issues.\
i. In the event of a tied vote the decision will be passed to the National Officers
for a vote to determine the outcome.
Voting for the election of officers will be by open ballot. Voting on all other GKMMC
business will be by a show with a majority ruling, or as stated below.
COLORS (large patch only)
1. Colors are the property of the Green Knights Motorcycle Club (GKMMC).
2. Trademark use has been granted to all GKMMC chapters and its members.
3. Non-members do not have the permission to wear Colors unless the GKMMC has given
exclusive permission and is willing to take responsibility for the member.
4. Active members are highly encouraged to wear their Colors to all GKMC events, rides,
5. If a member is officially representing the club, THEY WILL BE REQUIRED TO
WEAR THEIR COLORS.
6. The Colors will be worn on the back of the outer most garment, and NOT displayed on
the front. The front area is encouraged to display individual patches or the GKMMC
7. Additional patches may be purchased by members (in good standing) thru the Green
Knights Military Motorcycle Club.
8. When a National Member (Excluding Chapter X members) leaves the club, they may
petition to retain their colors. A written letter or e-mail must be submitted to highest
ranking National Officer within 30 days of leaving. Colors are property of the GKMMC
at all times.
RANK INDICATOR (Beads/Ropes): Beads are use to indicate a members status within the
Green Knight MMC family. If I members travels to another area they can pick out officers
without announcing who they are. This is used as a covert means for identifying officers in the
club when we do not wish to advertize their status. Placement of the beads for active officers
will have their left side tassels (on vest or even clip on lace) color coded.
1. Bead colors are as follows:
i. Chapter President: All blue beads
ii. Chapter Vice President: Two red, all blue, two red
iii. Chapter Past President and Vice: Two green, all blue, two green
iv. Chapter Sgt at Arms: All red beads
v. Past Sgt at Arms: Two green, all red, two green
vi. General Officer of the chapter: Two blue, three red, two blue, three
red, two blue
vii. General member of the club: All green
viii. National Officer: Two blue, three green, two blue, three
green, two blue
ix. National Sgt At Arms: Four red, three black, four red
x. You may also dress your right tassels in the colors of your
2. Ropes are the same as basic training and technical school. You may wear the arm
ropes to indicate officer positions.
Revisions, Adoptions, Amendments, and Review
SECTION A: (Revisions/Adoptions) The adoption and or revision of this charter and
associated by-laws require the approval of a majority of positive votes of the active members
present at any meeting, provided a two-week oral or written notice is given the GKMC. Any
revision to this charter and associated by-laws will not conflict with any installation or higher
headquarters directives. This charter and associated by-laws will not take effect until reviewed
by the first acting and or subsequent elected positions of the President, Vice President, Sergeant-
At-Arms, Secretary, and Treasurer.
SECTION B: (Revisions/Adoptions Amendments) The National by-laws may be amended or
changed at the suggestion of any Green Knight Chapter President. The chapter president must
send a detailed written explanation of the suggested change. The National Coordinator will send
the suggested change to all chapter presidents for review (see rules for review below).
Amendments to the by-laws will not conflict with Department of Defense instructions or
directives. This charter and associated by-laws shall be automatically amended to conform with
all directives from the installation or higher headquarters without submission to the GKMC. All
amendments will not take effect until reviewed by the first acting and/or subsequent elected
positions of the President, Vice President, Sergeant-At-Arms, Secretary, and Treasurer.
SECTION C: (Review) The National By-Laws shall be revised by the Presidents of all
chapters. When released, a time frame will be established for all chapter representatives to
approve/disapprove/ or to suggest changes. In the event there are no changes suggested, a
majority rule will be collected and posted on the National web site located at
Activities of GKMMC Chapters
SECTION A: (Dues) Green Knights National is not opposed if independent chapters wish to
vote on collecting dues from their members.
1. If a chapter wishes to collect dues, they must do the following actions:
i. The chapter must establish a 501:C3 Non-Profit account with the IRS
ii. Produce a yearly ledger to its members and National on its funds.
iii. Maintain records for 7 years in the event of an audit.
iv. Keep receipts for items purchased for the chapter.
v. Ensure no member(s) profit from the club.
vi. If establishing a bank account, do not use Green Knights Motorcycle Club.
a. Any other name or combination is acceptable.
SECTION B: (Runs) If the chapter wishes to put on a run that involves advertizing, collection
of funds, assets, involvement of outside members, or nominal reimbursement the chapter will be
required to obtain run insurance.
1. If the club is performing rides or runs hosted by other organizations or put on for
GKMMC members only, will not require run insurance.
i. To include hosting runs for the Base/Installation.
ii. Insure to inquiry to the insurance of the run by the individual(s) putting on the
2. Ensure everyone signs an insurance waiver if hosting a run.
3. All GKMMC members are responsible for their own personal insurance on their vehicle.
4. Will adhere to the Green Knight hand signals and code of conduct on a ride.
COPYRIGHT / TRADEMARK STATEMENT
The names, “Green Knights Motorcycle Club, also known as “GKMMC”; and logos are the sole
property of the Green Knights National Motorcycle Club, and may not be changed, duplicated,
reproduced or copied without the express written consent of the GKMMC National.
>>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>>
________________ ____________________ __________________
Coordinator MSF Coordinator Sgt at Arms
By my hand, this document is approved as official.