UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII
PROCEDURES FOR RENEWING AN ANNUAL DISABILITY BUS PASS
Renewal of the Disability Bus Pass
1. The Personnel Office shall inform the employee to complete the “Person with a Disability
Bus Pass Application” which may be obtained at:
o OTS Website: http://www.honolulu.gov/dts/buspass.htm
o TheBus Pass Office – 811 Middle Street (Kalihi Transit Center)
Any Satellite City Hall
2. The employee may mail the completed application to TheBus Pass Office, 811 Middle
Street, Honolulu HI 96819-2316 for approval. If a valid U.S. Medicare card is used, a copy
of the card shall accompany the completed application. Second page of application does
not need to be completed if valid U.S. Medicare care is used.
3. OR, the employee may personally turn in the completed application to TheBus Pass Office,
811 Middle Street for approval. If using a valid U.S. Medicare card, please have the
Medicare card available for TheBus office to verify.
4. The employee will receive written confirmation (an approval or denial letter) from TheBus
5. Upon approval, the employee shall complete the University of Hawai‘i Employee Pre-Tax
Transportation Benefit Pilot Program Enrollment Form for Disability Annual Bus Pass and
submit to the Personnel Officer. The enrollment form may be downloaded at the OHR
6. The Personnel Officer shall view the written confirmation and enroll the employee into the
Program via the Bus Pass System for a one-time $30.00 or $60.00 payroll deduction. Note:
No further action is required by the Personnel Officer, as the system will automatically
cancel the payroll deduction.
7. TheBus shall deliver the employee’s voucher (TheBus Bonus Check) to the UH Parking
Office in the month of the payroll deduction.
8. The employee shall pick up the voucher (TheBus Bonus Check) at the UH Parking Office in
accordance with the processing schedule.
9. To redeem the voucher for the annual disability bus pass, the employee shall take the
“Person with a Disability Bus Pass Application” form and voucher to TheBus Pass Office,
811 Middle Street (Kalihi Transit Center). Other locations will not accept the voucher as
payment. City ordinance requires TheBus to verify and photograph the applicant on an
10. The employee may make an early payroll deduction (up to 2 months before the current
annual pass expires) to give themselves more time to redeem the voucher.