Mission Santa Cruz
• On the Mission Hill overlooking the city of
Santa Cruz on the north shore of Monterey
Peoples lived in the mission
• Fray Lasuen, Fray Serra, Ohlone Indians.
History of the mission
• Church destroyed in mid-1800`s.
• Church completed; dedicated May 10, 1794.
• Pueblo of Bransiforte founded near the
• Church damaged by earthquake in 1825.
• Earthquake caused the rest of the church to
Nick Name of the Mission
• The nick name of Mission Santa Cruz is
Number In The Mission Chain
• Father Fermin Lasuen.
• Mission Santa Cruz is founded on August
What Did They Make?
• They made hard baskets at Mission Santa