Statement of Additional Optional Coverages
Not Included in the Renter's Insurance Policy
Your standard renter's insurance policy does not cover all risks. You may need to obtain additional insurance to
cover loss or damage to your home, property, and the contents of your home or to cover the risks related to
business or personal activities on your property.
In addition to the coverages that are part of the standard Renter's Insurance Policy, we offer the following addi-
tional coverages that you may choose to purchase:
1. Coverage for Water Damage - for losses that result from water backing up through sewers or drains.
2. Liability Coverage for Family Day Care providers - registered family day care providers can purchase liability
coverage in the amount of at least $300,000 to protect you against claims of bodily injury, property damage,
or personal injury arising out of your activities as a day care provider.
3. Loss Assessment Coverage - this coverage allows you to increase the basic limit for loss assessment cover-
age afforded in your policy.
4. Additional Insured Coverage - extends the Homeowners policy to cover the interest of a non-occupant joint
owner in the building and for premises liability.
5. Permitted Incidental Occupancies Residence Premises - expands coverage for a permitted incidental occu-
pancy (e.g., photography studio) in the dwelling or in another structure on the residence premises.
6. Permitted Incidental Occupancies Other Residence - expands coverage for a permitted incidental occupancy
(e.g., photography studio) for business conducted by an insured at another residence away from your resi-
7. Building Additions and Alterations Other Residences - increased limits of coverage are available for building
improvements or installations made or acquired at your expense, to that part of the residence premises used
exclusively by you.
8. Building Additions and Alterations - increased limits of coverage is provided for additions, alterations and
improvements, made or acquired at your expense, to that part of a building away from your residence prem-
ises which is rented to an insured as a residence.
9. Increased Limit on Personal Property in Other Residences - your policy may be endorsed to provide in-
creased coverage limits for your personal property that is usually located at other residences.
10. Credit Card, Funds Transfer Card, Forgery and Counterfeit Money Coverage - the limit provided under your
policy may be increased for an additional premium.
11. Earthquake (Masonry Veneer Excluded) - coverage is provided for property losses (excluding losses to exte-
rior masonry veneer) resulting from an earthquake, including land shock waves or tremors, before, during or
after a volcanic eruption. This coverage is subject to a separate earthquake deductible as shown on your
policy declarations page if this coverage applies.
12. Earthquake (Masonry Veneer) - coverage is provided for property losses (including losses to exterior ma-
sonry veneer) resulting from an earthquake, including land shock waves or tremors, before, during or after a
volcanic eruption. This coverage is subject to a separate earthquake deductible as shown on your policy
declarations page if this coverage applies.
13. Valuable Items PLUS - optional coverage for jewelry, furs, silverware, fine arts, cameras, firearms, home
computers, musical instruments, and china/crystal is available.
14. Coverage C Increased Special Limits of Liability - the Special Limits of Liability under COVERAGE C -
PERSONAL PROPERTY” afforded in your policy may be increased.
15. Additional Residences Rented to Others One or Two Families - Coverage E - Personal Liability and Cover-
age F - Medical Payments to Others, apply to a one or two family dwelling which is rented to others and lo-
cated away from your residence premises.
PL-13173 01-07 Page 1 of 2
16. Business Pursuits - provides limited coverage for the liability of the insured arising out of certain business
activities subject to the exclusions noted. This endorsement is not applicable for business pursuits where the
insured is the owner or partner or maintains financial control of the business.
17. Incidental Farming Personal Liability - provides coverage for the liability of the insured when farming is con-
ducted on the residence premises, which is incidental to the use of the premises as a dwelling, and the in-
come derived from the farming operations is not the insured’s primary source of income.
18. Three or Four Family Dwelling Premises Liability - under Coverage E - Personal Liability and Coverage F -
Medical Payments to Others, that part of the residence, other than your residence premises, is included in
the definition of insured location.
19. Watercraft Liability Coverage - provides liability coverage for the operation of declared watercraft owned by
an insured, including watercraft powered by outboard(s) of more than 25 total horse power or any inboard or
inboard-outdrive motor, and any sail boat 26 to 40 feet in length with or without auxiliary power.
20. Watercraft Hull Coverage - options of $2,500 or $5,000 of physical damage coverage is available, subject to
listed exclusions, for owned watercraft, their furnishings, equipment and outboard motors.
21. Residence Rental Theft - The policy may be endorsed to cover loss by theft while the portion of the resi-
dence premises usually occupied by you is occasionally rented to others.
22. Personal Injury - provides liability coverage for personal injury to others resulting from such things as false
arrest, libel, slander, invasion of privacy, defamation of character, wrongful entry, wrongful eviction, deten-
tion or imprisonment or malicious prosecution.
23. Snowmobile Endorsement - provides liability coverage for the operation of declared snowmobiles owned by
an insured, while off the insured location.
24. $500 Special Theft Loss Deductible - If you have an all perils deductible below $500, for a premium credit
you can purchase a $500 special theft deductible that applies to loss by theft of your covered contents.
25. Additional Coverage Endorsement - provides a package of coverage enhancements to extend the insurance
provided through the basic coverage forms.
26. Fire Department Service Charge - increased limits of coverage is available to cover the cost of a fire de-
partment service charge.
27. Loss Assessment Coverage Non Specified Perils - provides all risk coverage, unless otherwise excluded, for
your share of any loss assessment charged during the policy period against you by a corporation or associa-
tion of property owners.
28. Contents Replacement Cost Coverage - coverage is extended to include replacement cost coverage for your
29. Business Property Increased Limits - the limits of liability for business property under your policy may be in-
30. Personal Liability Umbrella Supplement - provides excess liability coverage which applies after the required
Primary Insurance limits of liability are exhausted. Please refer to the Personal Liability Umbrella Supple-
ment for complete coverage and exclusions.
31. Identity Fraud Expense Coverage - The policy may be endorsed to cover certain expenses incurred as a re-
sult of the fraudulent use of your identity by a third party.
This statement provides a list of the types of additional insurance coverages that are available. Contact your in-
surance company, insurance producer or agent to discuss these optional coverages.
This statement does not change any provisions of the actual policy or endorsements. There are exclusions, limi-
tations and conditions that apply to each coverage. If there is any conflict between the policy, endorsements and
this summary, the provisions of the policy and endorsements will apply.
PL-13173 01-07 Page 2 of 2