While having fun in Paradise River please
remember these rules!
No Food, drink, animals, or glass containers allowed in
Shower before entering the river.
No snorkels or fins allowed in the river.
One person per tube, unless small children are
accompanied by an adult. Cypress Gardens Paradise River
Only Splash Island-provided tubes are allowed in the
FIRST EVER FLOAT-A-THON
river. To benefit the American Red Cross, Polk County
8 a.m. – 12 p.m., July 19, 2008
Children wearing diapers must wear swim diapers. Reserve your float today to secure your spot!
Swim diapers are available in Island Traders gift shop. Pre-registration Required to Participate
Weak or non-swimmers must wear a Coast Guard
approved life jacket while in the river.
It is strongly recommended that each participant wear
forms of Sunblock (shirt, sunscreen, hat, etc.)
Cypress Gardens Paradise River Inaugural Float-A-Thon Cypress Gardens Paradise River
Rules and Regulations for July 19, 2008 Inaugural Float-A-Thon
The Cypress Gardens Float-a-Thon will be held to benefit the American Red Cross Polk
County Chapter. All registrations must be received through the Red Cross by noon July
1. Cypress Gardens, WPCV 97 Country, 98.3 FM WWRZ, and the American Red Cross Polk County Address:________________________________________________________
Chapter are the sole promoters of the 2008 Paradise River Float-A-Thon, which is to be held at
Cypress Gardens Splash Island Water Park on July 19, 2008 starting at 8 a.m. City: _________________________________ State: _____ Zip: __________
2. Participants will have pledge sheet (at least one sheet per participant), which he/she obtained from Home Phone: ___________________ Cell Phone: _____________________
Cypress Gardens, WPCV 97 Country, 98.3 FM WWRZ, Municipal City Pools, or the American Red
Cross Polk County Chapter. This sheet must be completed and filled out. Floater Sponsor Amount Completed Sub-Total
3. There are a limited number of participants allowed for the event. Advance registration is required. per Lap Laps
Confirmation of an available space is given once the minimum $40 has been pledged. An advanced
confirmed space from Red Cross is the only guarantee of participation in event. To obtain
confirmation, contact the Polk Red Cross at (863) 294-5941 or via e-mail at
4. Participant must check in at the front of Cypress Gardens, near the turnstiles, with valid ID. On site
check in will open at 7:15 a.m. and will close at 9:30 a.m. Any participants arriving after 9:30 a.m.
will not be admitted. Please allow a minimum of 20 minutes walk time to get to the event location
from the Cypress Gardens parking lot.
5. Participant and one guest receive free admission to Cypress Gardens provided the participant has
received a minimum of $40 in pledges before they check in with valid ID.
6. Participant and guest will receive a wristband that must be worn at all times to be identifiable.
7. Judges will be placed in designated areas along the Paradise River bed, distributing designated
tokens for each lap completed. Participants will be issued a mesh bag to contain the tokens. It is the
participant’s responsibility to keep track of the tokens and the bag for the final tally.
8. The event will end at noon on Saturday, July 19, but participants may stay until the park closes at 9
9. Each Participant must be 18 years of age to participate. If a minor, parent or legal guardian must be
present in order for the minor to be eligible to participate.
10. Cypress Gardens, WPCV 97 Country, 98.3 FM WWRZ, and the American Red Cross Polk County
Chapter are not responsible for any illness or injury, which includes scrapes, sunburn, etc. that may
occur during the event.
11. All participants must be able to swim proficiently. The water is a swift current and strong
swimming abilities are required.
12. Participant is responsible for every dollar raised via pledges and is obligated to send or deliver the
money to the American Red Cross Polk County Chapter, 147 Avenue A, NW, Winter Haven, FL
33881, by Aug. 9, 2008.
13. No outside floatation devices are allowed to be used at the event with the exception of Coast Guard
approved and certified life jackets.
14. Cypress Gardens, WPCV 97 Country, 98.3 FM WWRZ, and the American Red Cross Polk County
Chapter reserve the right to change these rules at any time.
I have read and understood all rules and regulations listed above for the Cypress Gardens
Total Money Raised $ _________________
Paradise River Float-a-Thon, and agree to abide by said rules.
Thank you for your support of the American Red Cross Polk County Chapter. A
Name: ______________________________________ Date: ___________ representative from the Red Cross will be present at the Float-A-Thon to take
donations. If donations need to be mailed, please send them to:
If a minor, Parent or Legal Guardian must sign:
American Red Cross Polk County Chapter
147 Avenue A, NW, Winter Haven, FL 33881.