BITTON PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk: Mrs S E Robbins
4 Hencliffe Way, Hanham
BRISTOL BS15 3TH
Tel: 01454 868102
4 April 2012
Dear Sir or Madam
You are invited to attend the monthly meeting of Bitton Parish Council to be held at 7.30pm
on Tuesday 10 April 2012 in North Common Village Hall, Millers Drive, North Common to
deal with the following business:
Councillors should consider if they have an interest in any matter to be discussed which
may reasonably be thought to be such that it may affect their decision on it. If so, the
interest must be declared either at the start of the meeting or before that item is
7.30pm 1. Chairman to explain emergency procedures.
2. Apologies for absence.
3. To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 13 March 2012.
4. To receive the minutes of the Annual Assembly for the Parish of Bitton 2012.
5. To receive the minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on
26 March 2012.
6. To receive the minutes of the Allotments and Leisure Committee meeting
held on 27 March 2012.
7.40pm 7. Opportunity for the public and councillors as appropriate to address the
8. Clerk’s report.
7.55pm 9. To consider a financial report for the year 1.4.11. – 31.3.12. Copy attached.
10. To consider possible projects to commemorate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
8.10pm 11. To consider anti-social behaviour problems in Oldland Common.
12. To consider the consultation by South Gloucestershire Council on the
provision of services for children, young people and families. Copy attached.
13. To consider a request from South Gloucestershire Council to contribute
towards the cost of providing dropped kerbs at Millers Drive, North Common.
14. To consider the nomination of Trustees to Oldland Village Club. Copy
15. To consider re-arranging the date of the full Council meeting due to be held on
10 July 2012.
8.40pm 16. Matters arising from previous minutes and outstanding items.
17. Reports from representatives at other meetings.
18. To consider correspondence from South Gloucestershire Council including:
a. Consultation on the review of discretionary transport. Copy attached.
b. Heritage orchard survey for Bitton Parish. Copy attached.
9.10pm 19. To consider correspondence from other sources including:
a. St John Ambulance: local access to a defibrillator.
b. N.A.L.C.: renewal of subscription to magazine (£15.50)
9.25pm 20. To authorise the payment of accounts.
21. Confidential business.
Mrs S E Robbins
Cotswolds Conservation Board: magazine “Cotswold Lion” Spring/Summer 2012
N.A.L.C.: magazine “Local Councils Review” Spring 2012
The Chase & Kings Forest Community Project: newsletter “Community Link” March 2012
Downend & Bromley Heath Parish Council: newsletter Spring 2012
Campaign to Protect Rural England: magazine “Countryside Voice” Spring 2012