SOLICITATION FOR QUOTES
SFQ #: 20120139
Request Date: 11/23/2011
Quote Deadline: 11/29/2011
Contact: Scott Daniel, Purchasing Agent
FAX: PH: 734-247-7374
QTY UOM DESCRIPTION UNIT PRICE TOTAL PRICE
GE Inspection Technologies IPC2 Imaging Plate Kits
Includes one each of:
- 8" x 17" Image Plate T100
4 Each - Image plate holder
Delivery guaranteed no later than _____ calendar days after ordered.
SBE Certification Number, if application (see #6 on next page for
more information TOTAL
0% DBE Participation Required: (see #7 on next page for more information).
If subcontractor will be used see item #4 on next page.
By submission of this quote, Respondent represents they are in compliance with any applicable provisions of the Airport
Authority's Ethics Ordinance and if awarded the contract, Respondent will comply with the Airport Authority's Ethics
Ordinance. Also, Respondent agrees to the terms and conditions on the next page.
Authorized Signature Date Print Name Phone #
*Federal Tax ID #: _______________________________
*The business name associated with the Federal Tax ID Number provided MUST exactly match the business name indicated above.
FAX THIS COMPLETED FORM TO THE FAX NUMBER ABOVE NO LATER THAN THE DEADLINE ABOVE
Wayne County Airport Authority
Solicitation For Quote/PO Terms and Conditions
1) General: All quotes are binding offers that are to be valid for a minimum of 45 days. The Wayne County Airport Authority
(Airport Authority) reserves the right to correct, modify, or cancel this SFQ, in whole or in part, or to reject any Quote, in whole
or in part, within the discretion of the CEO or his or her designee. If the Wayne County Airport Authority accepts a quote, as
evidenced by issuance of a purchase order, then a binding contract is formed.
2) Deadline: All quotes received by the deadline stated will be considered for award.
3) Award: The Airport Authority reserves the right to award by item, by group or as a whole.
4) Subcontractor: If using a Subcontractor, provide name, address, telephone #, facsimile #, description of participation, and
value of participation for each Subcontractor.
5) FOB and Risk of Loss: All quotes are to be FOB Destination. The Airport Authority reserves the right to reject other
shipping terms. If a delivery fee is not included on the quote form, no delivery fee will be allowed. Regardless of FOB point,
Contractor agrees to bear all risks of loss, injury or destruction of goods and materials ordered herein which occur prior to
delivery and acceptance; and such loss, injury or destruction shall not release Contractor from any obligation hereunder.
6) Small Business Enterprise (SBE): An equalization credit may be applied to SBE firms certified by the Wayne County
Airport Authority. If applicable, the equalization credit will be applied according to established criteria as described in the SBE
Program overview and application available at www.metroairport.com.
7) Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE): If a DBE goal is stated, the DBE must be certified as a DBE by the Quote
deadline. Evidence of certification must be submitted with the Quote.
8) Assignment/Transfer: Assignment or transfer of this contract without written consent of the Airport Authority may be
construed by the Airport Authority as a breach of contract sufficient to cancel this agreement at the discretion of the Airport
9) Inspection: All goods and services shall be subject to inspection and approval by the Airport Authority at all reasonable
times, including inspection during manufacture. Inspection and approval by the Airport Authority at Contractor’s plant does not
preclude rejection for defects upon discovery by subsequent inspection. Any goods and services rejected by the Airport
Authority shall be promptly repaired or replaced at Contractor’s expense. Any and all costs incurred by the Airport Authority in
connection with the return of goods rejected by the Airport Authority as defective shall be at Contractor’s risk and expense.
10) Warranty: Contractor warrants that it has good and merchantable title to the goods sold hereunder and that said goods
shall conform to the descriptions and applicable specifications and samples. Such goods shall be of good merchantable
quality and fit for the known purposes for which sold, and must be free and clear of all liens and encumbrances. Contractor
and the Airport Authority agree that this order does not exclude, or in any way limit, other warranties provided for in this
agreement or by law.
11) Excise and Sales Tax: The prices herein must not include any Federal excise taxes or sales taxes imposed by any State
or Municipal Government. Such taxes, if included, must be deducted by the Contractor when submitting invoice for payment.
12) Invoices: Invoices for goods must not be submitted prior to receipt of goods, unless otherwise pre-approved by the Airport
Authority. Invoices for services must be submitted within 45 days after completion of services. Payment will be delayed if the
invoice fails to reference PO number, ordering department, unit prices, quantities, totals, and a full description of the order that
matches the PO.
13) IRS Form W-9: Contractor must have on file with the Airport Authority an IRS Form W-9 before the Airport Authority will
issue any payment to Contractor.
14) Compliance with Laws: Contractor represents and warrants that the performance of this order and the furnishing of
goods or services required shall be in accordance with the applicable standards, provisions and stipulations of all pertinent
Federal, State or Authority laws, rules, regulations, resolutions, and ordinances including but not limited to the Fair Labor
Standards Act, the Equal Employment Opportunity rules and regulations, the Transportation Safety Act and the Occupational
Safety and Health Acts.
15) Amendments: No amendment, modification or supplement to this contract shall be binding unless it is in writing and
signed by authorized representatives of the parties.
16) Termination: When in the Airport Authority’s best interest, the Airport Authority may unilaterally cancel this agreement at
any time, whether or not Contractor is in default of any of its obligations hereunder. Under any such cancellation, Contractor
agrees to waive any claim for damages, including loss of anticipated profit on account hereof. However, the Airport Authority
agrees that Contractor shall be paid for items and/or services already accepted by Airport Authority, but in no event shall the
Authority be liable for any loss of profits on the order or portion thereof so terminated. Either party may terminate this
agreement at any time for the failure of the other to comply with any of its material terms and conditions.
Wayne County Airport Authority
Solicitation For Quote Terms/PO and Conditions Continued
17) Waiver of Breach: No waiver by either party of any breach of any of the covenants or conditions herein contained
performed by the other party shall be construed as a waiver of any succeeding breach of this same or of any other covenant
18) Complete Agreement: The parties agree that the conditions of purchase stated herein and all statements on the reverse
side hereof or attachments hereto set forth their entire agreement and there are no promises or understandings other than
those stated herein, and that any prior negotiations between the Airport Authority and Contractor or terms or conditions of
sales set forth in the Contractor’s quotation or order or sales acknowledgement shall not constitute a part of the agreement
between the Airport Authority and Contractor concerning this purchase. The term “agreement” as used in this clause shall
include any future written amendments, modifications, or supplements made in accordance herewith.
19) Liability and Indemnity: Contractor agrees to protect, defend, reimburse, indemnify and hold the Airport Authority, its
officers, affiliates, employees and agents harmless at all times from and against any and all claims, liabilities, expenses,
losses, demands, damages, fines and causes of action of every kind and character made, incurred, sustained or initiated by
any party hereto, any party acquiring any interest hereunder, any agent or employee of any party hereto, any third or other
party whomsoever, or any governmental agency, arising out of, incident to, or in connection with this contract, or in the
performance, nonperformance or purported performance of the work or services or breach of the terms hereof, except when
Authority is solely at fault.
20) Records: The Airport Authority reserves the right to inspect all vendor documents relating to this agreement for up to
three (3) years after expiration.
21) Noncompliance: Failure to deliver in accordance with specifications will be cause for the Airport Authority to cancel the
contract or any part thereof and purchase on the open market, charging any additional cost to the Contractor.
22) Insurance: Contractor, at its own expense and in its own name, must provide and keep in force during the term of this
Agreement, the following insurance coverages, provided by a company(s) licensed to conduct business in the State of
Michigan, acceptable to Airport Authority, with limits not less than indicated for the respective items or as otherwise agreed.
STANDARD INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS: Contractor, at its own expense and in its own name, must provide and keep in
force during the term of this Agreement, the following insurance coverages, provided by a company(s) licensed to conduct
business in the State of Michigan, acceptable to the Airport Authority, with limits not less than indicated for the respective
items or as otherwise agreed.
a) Comprehensive General Liability Insurance, including Contractual Liability and Products Completed Operations Liability as
well as coverage on all Contractor’s equipment (other than motor vehicles licensed for highway use) owned, hired or used in
performance of this contract with limits of not less than $1,000,000 for Bodily Injury & Property Damage combined, for each
occurrence and in the aggregate.
b) Automobile Liability Insurance: If performance of this contract requires use of motor vehicles licensed for highway use,
Contractor shall also provide, automobile liability insurance, including Contractual Liability, for all motor vehicles owned, hired
or used in the performance of this contract, with limits of not less than $1,000,000 for Bodily Injury & Property Damage
combined, for each occurrence, and in the aggregate.
If there are no company owned vehicles and your organization does not use a vehicle in your business, including livery
service, during the performance of this contract, then personal vehicle insurance may be accepted in lieu of the business
automobile liability insurance required in the Standard Insurance Requirements.
All contractors performing work in the State of Michigan must provide no fault automobile liability of $300,000/$100,000 Bodily
Injury & Property Damage (BIPD).
c) Workers’ Compensation Insurance, including Employer’s Liability Insurance, complying with the laws of the State in which
the work is to be performed or elsewhere as may be required. Employer’s Liability Insurance shall be provided with all limits
that are not less than $500,000.
d) The Wayne County Airport Authority and the County of Wayne must be included as additional insured on both the General
Liability and Automobile Liability Policies and Contractor must provide 30 days advance notice of cancellation to the Airport
Authority. This must be shown on the Certificate of Insurance. The Certificate of Insurance, along with copies of
endorsements, must be submitted to the Airport Authority before a purchase order is issued.
e) To the extent that the Contractor may be self insured, and upon execution of the agreement, the Contractor shall submit an
affidavit confirming its self insured retention for the required limits of liability, and as applicable, certificates of insurance for
any excess insurance coverages. The Airport Authority reserves the right to request additional documentation or information
from the successful Respondent to confirm that all insurance requirements are met to the satisfaction of the Airport Authority.