Safety and Facilities Assistant
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA
AGRICULTURE AND NATURAL RESOURCES
UC DAVIS PAYROLL TITLE: __ASSISTANT II
SALARY RANGE: $32,496.00 - $46,032.00/YEAR 100% FIXED CAREER
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
ANR Risk & Safety Services, including Environmental Health & Safety, is a resource for the entire ANR
community, including employees, volunteers, and others working out of or associated with the approximately
70 offices and facilities located around the state. In partnership with Safety Coordinators and other staff at
each Cooperative Extension and Research and Extension Center Location, Risk & Safety Services strives to
ensure all ANR researchers, staff, volunteers, and youth participants can manage risk and perform their
activities in a safe, healthy, and environmentally responsible manner by developing and making available a
suite of planning, procedural, and training resources.
ANR Facilities Planning and Management (FPM) manages year-round, on-going renovation, renewal and minor
capital improvement construction projects from programming and design through project completion; directs
the work of and approves payment for engineers, inspectors, other experts, and construction firms; writes
construction contracts, provides project analysis, evaluations, recommendations and direction for construction
projects which are located throughout the state at ten research and extension centers (RECs) and Elkus Youth
Ranch. The RECs total over 12,000 acres of land and 425,000 square feet of building floor space. Total annual
projects cost of $3.5M while each project alone averages a cost of $400,000.
Position will perform a variety of general administrative functions for Agriculture and Natural Resources units:
Environmental Health and Safety, Facilities Planning and Management and other ANR's Units. Work includes
activities such as basic accounting, word processing, spreadsheets using formulas, scheduling meetings,
processing construction contracts and professional agreements, data entry, updating and creating and
maintaining record and files, and other related administrative duties.
50% ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
- Provide administrative support to the Directors of EH&S and Facilities Planning and Management and their
- Assist with scheduling, planning, and conducting in-person meetings and online webinars.
- Create, edit, prepare, and manage documents (such as letters, memos, forms and reports) utilizing standard
business software applications such as Microsoft Word.
- Provide archiving support for units including activities such as: create new labels, scan files, update Table of
Contents, and physically file documents.
50% PROJECT SUPPORT
- Prepare construction project documents for assigned projects during the pre-design, schematic, design
development and construction document phases using standard templates.
- Create, edit, prepare, and manage spreadsheets and databases utilizing standard business software
applications such as Access or Excel.
- Maintain, process, distribute, and update records such as safety training and vehicle inventories.
- Maintain safety training video library and fulfill video loan requests.
- Prepare packages for mailing and deliver mail/packages to various on-campus and off-campus locations.
- Photocopy and distribute documents. Assemble large sized bidding documents and proposals.
- Update internet sites and conduct internet research as required.
- Review accounting documents, track expenses, and update budgetary reports.
- Create and submit reimbursement reports in MyTravel.
- Use computer, keyboard, mouse and screen for extended periods of time.
- Traverse uneven ground in various locations.
- Lift boxes of file folders/office supplies weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Position will participate in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Pull Notice System.
- A copy of own DMV record will be required as a condition of employment.
- Possess and maintain valid CA Driver's license.
- May require occasional travel to off-campus locations.
-Experience providing administrative support functions in an executive-level office environment.
- Experience utilizing standard business software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access or Outlook
and electronic accounting systems creating complex word documents, spreadsheets with formulas, and
- Experience providing administrative office support to management-level staff such as: scheduling meetings
and making travel arrangements.
- Experience composing and editing correspondence and other documents for accuracy, consistency of format,
spelling and grammar, language and professional appearance and style.
- Experience with contracts or legal terminology.
- Experience reviewing and understanding accounting documents and terminology.
- Experience supporting projects and multiple tasks, to meet deadlines and to maintain a consistently high level
of productivity and efficiency.
- Interpersonal, customer service and communication skills to interact and communicate effectively with
diverse individuals and groups.
- Experience with University accounting, purchasing, and travel information systems such as DaFIS, Kuali,
Decision Support, and MyTravel.
- Experience with construction contracts or professional service agreements.
- Maintain punctual attendance.
- Timely submission of timesheets.
- Read, understand and comply with UC Davis Principles of Community.
- Oral, written and personal ability to interact with a wide variety of people.
- Understand and practice confidentiality.
- Work independently with minimal direction in an office setting.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities with short notice.
For further information and to apply for this job, please visit the following weblink:
www.employment.ucdavis.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=61171 on requisition # 03006822
(If the link does not respond, please copy and paste into your browser)