Early College and Pre-AP English I
East Central High School
1. Respect the person and property of everyone in the room.
2. Do not prevent yourself or anyone else from being successful.
TEN EASY STEPS FOR SUCCESS IN MY CLASS:
1. Follow expectations (You’ll be surprised how far you’ll go by meeting high expectations!)
2. Be on time, bring materials, and be prepared
3. No laziness! (Nothing in this world worth having comes easily.)
4. Have a positive attitude. (It will change your life!)
5. Stay healthy, emotionally, mentally, and physically.
6. Ask questions if you don’t understand!
7. Cheating/dishonesty will not be tolerated,
8. No profanity.(As I see it, what’s in your heart comes out of your mouth.
So make your best attempt to keep peace and respect in your heart.
9. All noise is to STOP immediately when an adult walks into the room;
10. BE A PROBLEM SOLVER. (It really is the key to this classroom, and the key to life.)
A successful class is based on respect, security, well-being, and fun. But, I also maintain a
very structured environment of expectations. Please sign below to acknowledge that you
have read and understood our class rules and policies.
Student Signature _________________________________________________ Date__________
Parents: I strongly believe that a student’s success also depends on support from his/her
guardian. I appreciate your help and active participation! Please provide a good contact number
or email address where you can be reached.
Parent Signature __________________________________________________ Date__________
Parent Phone #_________________________________________________
Parent Phone # _________________________________________________