MI Flying Wire Measurements
June, 10 2009
On Friday May 29, Ming decided to do a study to determine the
linearity of the flying wire centroid to the BPM at 102. The
results showed that the MI Flying Wires might be believable.
On Monday Denton, Tom and Jim looked at getting the IPM to show
the whole $2B ramp. A noticeable drop in sigma was seen at the time
of coalescing. Shoulders were also seen to be forming at this same
We also looked at the Flying Wires both at 8 GeV and 150GeV to
see the relative change in sigma
We looked at beam before and after coalescing and found a
decrease in sigma that agreed with the drop in sigma seen on
We turned off coalescing and saw no drop in the sigma at the
same time period on the IPM
We were then able to use the Flying Wires to confirm our
measurements with the IPM.
• The Flying Wire appears to work with every test
we have given it. This can now be confirmed with
• We can now use both IPMs and Flying Wires to
confirms the others measurements.
• The beta value used by the Flying Wires probably
• The measured sigma in MI drops during
• We have no IPM or FW data to show if this was
happening 1 month ago.