1. If a number ‘x’ is chosen at random from the numbers -2, -1, 0, 1, 2 then what
would be the probability that x2 would be less than two that is x2 < 2?
A. 1 / 5 B. 2 / 5 C. 3 / 5 D. 4 / 5
2. A container contains 24 marbles in which some marbles are green and other
marbles are blue. If a marble is drawn at random from the jar then the probability of
coming out a green marble is 2 / 3. Then find out the number of blue marbles in the
A.8 B. 5 C. 7 D. 9
3. A jar contains 54 marbles each of which has the color blue, green or white. The
probability of selecting a blue marble at random from the jar is 1 / 3 and the
probability of selecting a green marble at random is 4 / 9. Calculate the number of the
white marbles that are in the jar?
A. 14 B. 11 C. 13 D. 12
Know More About Commutative Property Worksheets
Tutorcircle.com Page No. : 1/4
4. A number ‘x’ is selected from the numbers 1, 2, 3 and then a second number ‘y’ is
randomly selected from the numbers 1 , 4, 9 then calculate the probability that the
product x y of the two numbers would be less than 9?
A. 4 / 9 B. 5 / 9 C. 7 / 9 D. 11 / 9
5. In a carton there are 100 shirts of which 88 are good, 8 have minor defects and
four have major defects. A trader named jimmy will only accepts the shirts which are
good and have no defects. But another trader named John will only reject the shirts
which have major defects. When shirt is drawn at random from the carton then find
out the probability that is acceptable to jimmy and john?
A. 0.81 and 0.91 B. 0.88 and 0.78
C. 0.81 and 0.96 D. 0.88 and 0.96
6. A piggy bank contains hundred 50 paisa coins, fifty dollar 1 coin, twenty dollar 2
coins and ten dollar 5 coins, it’s equally likely that one of the coins will fallout when
the bank is turned upside down what is the probability that the coin (a) will have the
50 paisa coin (b) will not be a 5 paisa coin?
A. 5 / 9 and 17 / 18 B. 7 / 9 and 17 / 18
C. 5 / 9 and 19 / 18 D. 7 / 9 and 19 / 18
7. A container contains black and white marbles. The event is two marbles are
chosen without replacement. If the probability of getting a black marble and after that
a white marble is 0.34 and the probability of selecting a black marble on the first draw
is 0.47 then find out the probability of selecting a white marble from the jar in the
second draw where as its given that the first marble that was drawn was black
Read More About Real Numbers Examples
Tutorcircle.com Page No. : 2/4
A. 0.72 B. 0.62 C. 0.53 D. 0.33
8. The probability of a absence of a student on a particular day Thursday is 0.03. As the
school is five days in a week, the probability that it’s a Thursday at the day when the student is
not present is 0.2 then find out the probability that as student is absent and its given that today
A. 0.05 B. 0.15 C. 0.45 D. 0.25
9. At Defence public school the probability that a student takes technology and French is
0.087 and the probability that a student takes only technology is 0.68. Then find out the
probability that a student takes French while it’s given that the student is taking technology?
A. 0.05 B. 0.75 C. 0.15 D. 0.13
10. A container contains 90 discs which are numbered from 1 to 90. If one disc is drawn
randomly from the container then find the probability that it bears (a) a two digit number (b) a
perfect square number and (c) A number that is divisible by the digit 5?
A. 0.9, 0.2 and 1 / 7 B. 0.5, 0.1 and 1 / 5
B. 0.9, 0.1 and 1 / 5 C. 0.7, 0.2 and 1 / 7
Tutorcircle.com Page No. : 3/4
Page No. : 2/3