AIR FORCE SERGEANTS ASSOCIATION
BARKSDALE AFB, LA. 71110
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING MINUTES
STRIPES CLUB MEMBERS PRESENT GUESTS DATE
BARKSDALE AFB LA. 21 25 March 2008
1. Pledge of Allegiance: Led by Jeff Ledoux President
2. AFSA Preamble: Read by Todd Albert, Vice President
3. Attendance to determine quorum:
4. Introduction of Guests: Gail Rains from Shiners’ Hospital was the guest speaker and she provided information about the
Shriners and asked for potential volunteers to call her number at 226-4264.
5. President’s Report and Announcements: Discussed new Tax Laws that may affect our Bingo Fundraiser profits
6. Sickness and Distress: Chief (ret) Jim Flaschenreim is in Cornerstone Hospital, Rm 141.
7. Approval of past meeting minutes: General membership approved past minutes.
8. Treasurer’s report: Provided by printed and verbal summary by Harold Swanson, Treasurer. Motion to approve the
treasurer’s reports was seconded and approved.
9. Committee Reports:
a. Awards: Present awards at the following activities.
February AOM was awarded to SrA John Lewis.
917 WG Quarterly/Annual Recognition awarded to SMSgt Melanie Acosta, TSgt Joseph Rosado,
SrA Shaunna Reed, SMSgt Kyle Graff, MSgt Norman Ford, SrA Christopher Pate, and MSgt James Taliaferro.
Benton High JROTC Military Ball awards went tot Ms Lauren Tull and Mr Josh Gates.
Received letter from Lakeview High School ROTC requesting attendance at their award ceremony on 25 April 08.
Received letter from Haughton High School ROTC requesting attendance at their award ceremony on 12 Apr 08.
A total of 6 scholarship packets have been received so far…The scholarship committee will be comprised of CMSgt
Val Rimbey-Barnett, CMSgt Anna Collins, Bill Braidwood, and MSgt David Johnson. They will meet in April and
announce recipients at the next general meeting.
b. Legislative: Trustee unavailable.
c. Programs: Brian briefed on the golf tournament tentatively scheduled for 13 Sep 08. He is requesting a committee be
formed at the next meeting. (Open)
Calendar: Reviewed by Brian Hinds.
d. Membership: As of 25 Mar 08, 38 new members have been recruited. Pam Marshall has 31
e. Communications: New articles need to be sent to Johnny Byrd for placement in the newsletter, and a request to increase
articles from the executive and committee members.
Newsletter: Current newsletter to be submitted after announcement of awards at the 610 Division Convention to be
held 27-29 Mar 08.
f. Airman’s Activities: Sra Lyons briefed on wanting to do Airmen’s Picnic in Jun 08.
10. Motion to Approve Budgeted Items: Approved.
11. Budget, annual planning calendar, and Division 2009 committees still pending
a. Tabled item: Review of annual budget on hold for Tax Law assistance in reference to new tax laws presented at
AFSA Executive council Washington DC. Budget committee: David Johnson, Todd Albert, Tom Goerner, Anna
Collins, Pam Marshall, and Harold Swanson, Chairperson.
b. Division Convention 2009: Wenzel Oesterreich, Don Beasley, Jeff Ledoux, Mitzi Beasley, Tom Goerner, Todd
Albert, Anna Collins, and Andy Morales. Chapter 615 convention to be held 2-4 Apr 09 location to be
Holiday Inn-Airport Financial Plaza, 5555 Financial Plaza. (Open)
c. Tabled item: Review of 2008 Annual Planning Calendar. (Open)
12. General membership approved Standing Rules for 2008. (Closed)
13. Tabled item: Further information needed before general membership will approve donating funds for Parkway JROTC, they
are requesting $850.00 for equipment and popcorn machine. Jeff Ledoux (Open)
14. Tabled item: Base Honor Guard is requesting funds to assist with quarterly awards, general membership is requesting further
information on how much money is needed. Anna Collins (Open)
15. General membership approved the proposal to have quarterly speakers attend general meetings. (Closed)
16. General membership approved Chapter 615 delegates attending 610 Division Convention. (Closed)
17. DAV letter requesting participation at the Memorial Day Program held at Greenwood Cemetery held 30 May 08. (Closed)
18. Paint Your Heart Out scheduled for 17 May 08, volunteers needed, POC: Sarah Lyons (Open)
19. Visit to Monroe War Vets Home, suspended for 6 months, visit to Bossier War Vets Home tentatively scheduled for Jun 08.
Don Beasley (Open)
20. DAV Chapter 20 is requesting $100.00 per hole for golf tourney. Approved by membership (Closed)
21. 1st Sgt council is requesting $200.00 to sponsor 1 st place winner for golf tourney to be held 18 Apr 08. Approved (Closed)
22. Meeting adjourned at 1915 Hrs. Next meeting is on 29 April 2008 at 1800 hrs at STRIPES.
// Signed// //Signed//
Jeff Ledoux Pam Miller
Chapter President Secretary