8th Grade Anne Frank Project
• Review SlideShow rubric
• 1) Select a topic: make sure it’s clear and
• 2) Information gathering – don’t worry about
starting or finishing your slideshow today! You
have plenty of time!
• Got your flashdrive?
*Make sure you have a CLEAR and DEFINITE topic!*
• This is where I will inform the audience what my topic is.
– (example) Historical events during WWII
– (example) What have I been learning about Anne Frank and the events
during her lifetime?
– Some more possible topics:
• Nazi Party
• The Jewish Ghetto
• Other Jews who hid during the Holocaust
• Concentration Camps
• Miep Gies
• Mobile Killing Squads
• More – but must pertain to what you have been learning in class.
Body of My Presentation
• This is the body of your presentation.
• Where you will present your research and
• Use powerful images, may have to save first,
then import. Microsoft PPT won’t let you drag
an image to a slide. (I think Keynotes might)
• New Safari platform – you need to open the
image before saving or dragging.
• What opened your eyes?
• What really stood out for you?
• TIE IT UP!
• They came for the Communists, and I didn't object - For I
wasn't a Communist;
They came for the Socialists, and I didn't object - For I wasn't a
They came for the labor leaders, and I didn't object - For I
wasn't a labor leader;
They came for the Jews, and I didn't object - For I wasn't a
Then they came for me - And there was no one left to object.
• Cite your sources!
• Some places to use: