This is an agreement that establishes a lease between a seller and a purchaser of
property. The purchaser has recently bought the property from the seller but the seller
wishes to remain on the property and lease it from the purchaser. This document can
be used to specify the terms and conditions of the lease between the purchaser and
seller that will allow the seller to remain on the property as a tenant. This agreement
can be used by individuals or entities pursuant to a sale of property when the seller
wants to remain on the property as a tenant of the purchaser.
NOTICE: For use only when Seller occupies the property for no more than 90 days after the
TEMPORARY RESIDENTIAL LEASE (OCCUPIED BY SELLER)
STATE OF _________________
COUNTY OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
This Temporary Residential Lease (Occupied by Seller) (hereinafter termed as the “Lease”) is
made on ____ [Month] ____ [Date], 20____by and between
_____________________________ [Instruction: Insert the name of purchaser] having place
of residence at _____________________________ [Instruction: Insert the address of
purchaser] (hereinafter termed as the “Landlord”) and ________________________________
[Instruction: Insert the name of seller] having place of residence at
_____________________________ [Instruction: Insert the address of seller] (hereinafter
termed as the “Tenant”). Landlord and Tenant may individually be referred to as the “Party” and
collectively be referred to as the “Parties”.
WHEREAS Landlord hereby Leases to Tenant the Property described in the Contract between
Landlord as “Purchaser” and Tenant as “Seller’ dated ____ [Month] ____ [Date],
20____attached hereto as Exhibit A and made a part hereof, all of which is hereinafter referred
to as the “Property”;
WHEREAS, Tenant is desirous of leasing the Premises from Landlord.
NOW THEREFORE the Parties agreed upon the following terms and conditions:
1. Term: The term of this Lease shall commence on the date the sale covered by the Contract is
closed and terminates ____ [Month] ____ [Date], 20____unless terminated earlier by reason
of other provisions.
2. Rental: In consideration for Leasing of the Property Tenant shall pay to Landlord as rental
________ ($___) [Instruction: Insert the rent by researching local rental market E.g.,
One hundred dollars ($100.00)] per day with the full amount of rental for the term of the
© Copyright 2012 Docstoc Inc. 2
Lease to be paid at the time of funding of the sale. Tenant will not be entitled to a refund of
rental if this Lease terminates early due to Tenant’s default or voluntary surrender of the
3. Security Deposit: Tenant shall pay to Landlord at the time of funding of the sale as a deposit
of Landlord ________ ($___) [Instruction: Insert the security deposit E.g., Fifty dollars
only ($ 50)] to secure performance of this Lease by Tenant. Landlord may use the deposit to
satisfy Tenant's obligations under this Lease. Landlord shall refund any unused portion of the
deposit to Tenant with an itemized list of all deductions from the deposit within Twenty one
(21) days as per Section 21, Action In Particular Cases, Chapter 3- Landlord and Tenant Act,
of _________________ Code, after Tenant:
a. surrenders possession of the Property; and
b. Provides Landlord written notice of Tenant’s forwarding address.
4. Utilities: Tenant shall pay all utility connections, deposits and charges except
[Instruction: Insert the utility charges payable by Landlord] which Landlord shall pay.
5. Use of Property: Tenant may use the Property only for single family dwelling purposes.
Tenant may not assign this Lease or sublet any part of the Property.
6. Pets: Tenant shall not keep any pets on the Property except
[Instruction: Insert the type of pet which can be kept by Tenant].
7. Property Conditions: Tenant accepts the Property in its present condition and state of repair
at the commencement of the Lease. Upon termination, Tenant shall surrender the Property to
Landlord in the condition required under the Contract at the time of closing, except normal
wear and tear and any casualty loss.
8. Property Alteration: Tenant may not alter the Property or install improvements or fixtures
without the prior written consent of Landlord. Any improvements or fixtures placed on the
Property during the Lease become the property of Landlord.
9. Inspections: Landlord may enter at reasonable times to inspect, replace, repair or complete
© Copyright 2012 Docstoc Inc. 3
10. Special Provisions: (Optional)
[Comment: Choose this clause if the parties want to add any special provisions
regarding this Lease]
11. Laws: Tenant shall comply with all applicable laws, restrictions, ordinances, rules and
regulations with respect to the Property.
12. Repairs and Maintenance: Tenant shall incur all expenses of repairing and maintaining the
Property, including, but not limited to, yard, trees and shrubs, unless otherwise required by
state law. Tenant shall promptly repair at Tenant's expense any damage to the Property
caused directly or indirectly by any act or omission of the Tenant or any person other than
Landlord, Landlord's agents or invitees.
13. Indemnity: Tenant indemnifies Landlord from the claims of all third parties for injury or
damage to the person or property of such third party arising from the use or occupancy of the
Property by Tenant. This indemnification includes attorney's fees