BHP Billiton Nursing
Amazing Opportunity – Huge
• Each semester 4 Curtin nursing students are awarded a
scholarship to the value of $1,850 each to support travel,
accommodation and living expenses whilst they
undertake their CHNP 326 clinical placement in either
Port Hedland or Newman.
• The Scholarship encourages students to perform their
clinical placement in regional areas of Port Hedland or
Newman and gain insight and experience in community
health issues in the Pilbara.
• BHP Billiton Iron Ore has an ongoing commitment to
improve the community health and education choices in
the Pilbara region.
To be eligible for this scholarship, students
• Be studying at Curtin University and enrolled
in Community Health Nursing Practice
326/Nursing Practice 563 for semester 2
• Be prepared to undertake their clinical
placement in Port Hedland or Newman
Conditions & Selection Process
Scholarship selections are based on academic merit
and statement of commitment
• Applicants are to provide a written statement
outlining their commitment, past activities and
knowledge of issues related to regional areas
• Scholarships are awarded to applicants with highest
course weighted average
• Successful applicants are awarded the value of
$1,850 each to support travel, accommodation and
living expenses whilst they undertake practicum
placement in either Port Hedland or Newman.
Application Closing Date
• Applications for Semester 2 2010 must be
submitted to the Clinical Office by Friday 13th
• Application forms are attached to the OCC and are
also available from the School of Nursing and
Midwifery reception desk.
The scholarships recognise nursing students who maintain
academic excellence whilst demonstrating their commitment to
nursing and passion for improvement in regional health.