Los Adjetivos Posesivos.
• Possessive adjectives agree in number with
the noun they modify.
• Nuestro and vuestro are the only ones that
agree in gender as well as number.
• They are always placed before the noun
• Possessive adjectives agree with the thing
possessed and not with the possessor. For
instance, two male students would refer to
their female professor as nuestra profesora.
• In Spanish the construction de + noun can
also indicate possession. It is the equivalent
to the English apostrophe (‘) + s.
• When the preposition de is followed by the
article el, it contracts to del
de + el = del
• There is no contraction with any other
• The only other contraction in Spanish is the
preposition a followed by the article el.
a + el = al
Pronombre personal SINGULAR PLURAL
yo mi mis
tú tu tus
él / ella/ usted su sus
nosotros /as nuestro / a nuestros / as
vosotros /as vuestro / a vuestros / as
ellos /ellas /ustedes su sus