Population: 65 Million people
Capital City: Tehran
Languages: Persian and Farsi
Religion: Shi’a Muslim
Map of Iran
Flag of Iran
The Land of Iran
• The center of Iran is a desert and is
surrounded by two mountain ranges.
• There are Coastal planes along the
Caspian sea and the Persian Gulf.
Attractions and Recreation
• Table Tennis
• Crown Jewels Museum
• Park Niavaran
• Contemporary Arts Museum
• Abghine Museum (glass museum)
• Winters are cold except near the Caspian
• Summers expand from June to August.
War With Iraq
• The war with Iraq lasted from 1980 to
• About 1,0000 people died
• The leader of Iran is their Fagih
• The Fagih makes sure that the people
follow the rules of their principals
• Kids begin school at the age of seven!
• In cities people use busses, taxis, and mini
busses to get around!
Gifted and Talented Reading