• Flickr was developed by Ludicorp.
• Flickr was launched in February 2004.
• In March 2005, Yahoo! acquired Ludicorp and
• On May 16, 2006, Flickr updated its services
from beta to "gamma“.
What is Flickr?
• Flickr is an image and video hosting website,
web services suite, and online community.
• Its primary goals are:
1. to help people make photos available to
those who matter to them
2. to enable new ways of organizing pictures.
• Flickr offers two types of accounts: Free and
Difference between Free and Pro accounts
Free account Pro account
100 MB monthly photo upload Unlimited photo uploads
2 video uploads each month Unlimited video uploads
Post any of your photos in up to 10 Post any of your photos or videos
group pools in up to 60 group pools
Only smaller (resized) images Archiving of high-resolution
accessible original images
Ad-free browsing and sharing
View count and referrer statistics
• There are 5 simple ways to upload your
photos and videos to Flickr
1. via the Flickr Uploadr (available for both PC and
2. via iPhoto, Aperture, or Windows XP plugins
3. via their upload web page
4. via email
5. via various free third-party desktop programs
• Editing your photos is easy with Picnik.
• Sets are a grouping of photos and videos that
you can organize around a certain theme.
• Collections are a grouping of Sets (or other
Collections) so you can organize around
• The Organizr is where both Collections and
Sets are created.
• Groups are a way for people to come together
around a common interest.
• On Flickr it’s easy to control who you share
your images with.
• Flickr's great for exploring photos and videos
by photographer, tag, time, text, and group,
and now it's also great for exploring photos
and videos by place.
• Use your favorite Flickr images to create stuff
• Prints, posters, cards, photo books, calendars,
collage products, canvas.
Keep in Touch
• Building relationships on Flickr is easy.
• Guest pass - grant special access to people
who don’t have a Flickr account.
• Notes allow contacts to
leave messages directly
on your photos and
videos ,while comments
allow for a more general
discussion below the
Thank you for your attention!