Sun Screen and Skin Cancer Worksheet (15 pts)
1. Most of the more than one million cases of ___________________
cancer diagnosed yearly in the U.S. are considered to be sun-related.
2. ______________________ is the most serious type of skin cancer.
3. What is Melanoma Skin Cancer? ___ _______________________
4. Melanin helps ______________________ the deeper layers of the
skin from the harmful effects of the sun.
5. Melanoma is almost ______________________ when it is detected
in its early stages.
6. Although melanoma accounts for only a small percentage of skin
cancer, it is far more dangerous than other skin cancers, and it causes
7. List four risk factors for skin cancer? (nonmelanoma and melanoma)
8. List four of the signs and symptoms of skin cancer? (Skin cancer can
be found early, and both doctors and patients play important roles in
finding skin cancer)