MANUAL - 1
ORGANISATION, FUNCTION AND DUTIES OF QUALITY CONTROL CELL
Realizing the importance of enforcing quality standards in procurement
storage and public distribution, the Government of India, Ministry of Consumer
Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Department of Food & Public Distribution
established Quality Control Cell initially at Delhi and later at Kolkata and
Hyderabad. Five more Quality Control Cells were opened at Bangalore, Bhopal,
Bhubaneshwar, Lucknow and Pune from 01.05.2008. The Quality Control Cell at
Pune thus came into existence w.e.f. 01.05.2008. This Cell covers Maharashtra,
Gujarat, Goa, Daman & Diu and Dadar & Nagar Haveli.
The main objective of the Cell is to ensure the quality of foodgrains at the time
of procurement and also during storage and distribution. Surprise inspections of
procurement centers, food storage depots, rail heads, rice mills and fair price shops
are conducted by the officers of these Cells to ensure that foodgrains conforming to
quality specifications/standards laid down by the Government are procured and
issue for targetted Public Distribution System. It also ensures that proper code of
practices for scientific storage of foodgrains is followed by FCI and State agencies.
Quality Control Cell plays an important role in maintaining the quality of
foodgrains from the procurement point to the distribution point to ensure that it
conforms to the quality standard prescribed.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES OF QCC
1. To undertake inspection of Food Storage Depots of Food Corporation of
India (FCI), and State Government & their agencies.
2. Inspection of Procurement Centers, Fair Price Shops, Rail/Truck Heads
and Rice Mills.
3. Monitoring of quality by analyzing the samples collected right from
procurement points to the distribution points.
4. To investigate the complaint; received from State
Governments/VIPs/Media/Public etc. regarding quality of foodgrains.
5. Any additional work assigned by the Ministry Headquarters.
POWERS AND DUTIES OF THE OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES
A. REGIONAL DIRECTOR (Storage & Research)
1. To perform duties of controlling/drawing and disbursing officer in respect
of QCC offices and to look after the general administrative duties as assigned from
time to time.
2. To monitor the quality of foodgrains during procurement, storage and
distribution etc. by paying surprise checks at the procurement, storage and
distribution points. Various food depots, Fair Price Shops, Rail Heads, Rice Mills etc.
so as to achieve the targets assigned by the Ministry.
3. Investigating actual complaints with regard to quality of foodgrains received
from state administration, consumers and those pointed out by the press/VIPs.
B. ASSISTANT REGIONAL DIRECTOR (S&R)
To assist the Regional Director (S&R) in performing the above duties effectively
and efficiently as also to work as Head of office in the absence of RD (S&R).
C. TECHNICAL OFFICER (S&R)
1. Monitoring physical targets/achievements/preparation of MPR/Appraisal.
2. Supervision of Analysis work in laboratory.
3. Preparation and submission of all returns-weekly/monthly/quarterly/Half
yearly/ yearly to the Ministry.
4. Preparation of materials for annual reports and outcome Budget.
5. Monitoring RTI references/purchase proposals.
6. Any other work assigned by senior officers.
1. To analyse foodgrain samples collected.
2. Preparation of monthly technical/inspection reports.
3. Assisting Technical Officer, Assistant Regional Director & Regional Director in
4. Maintenance of connected files and records.
5. Any other duty assigned from time to time by RD/ARD(S&R).
1. To undertake dictation and typing work of inspection reports/periodical
returns/statements and correspondence.
2. Maintenance of service books connected files and records.
3. Progressive usage of Hindi.
F. JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT CUM STORE KEEPER
1. Preparation of Pay Bills, contingency bills etc.
2. Maintenance of acquaintance rolls/cash book (where handling of cash is
3. Keeping inventory of stores purchased such as chemicals, equipments etc, and
their proper accounting, safe custody and issue.
4. Maintenance of sanction folders, expenditure control register and reconciliation
of expenditure with Pay & Accounts Office and preparation of monthly
expenditure statement to be sent to Headquarters.
5. Preparation of Budget Estimates, Revised Estimates and all allied matters.
6. Any other duty to be assigned from time to time.
G. LOWER DIVISION CLERK
1. To attend the diary, dispatch, movement of files and typing work.
2. To maintain file register, movement register, record register and other O.M.
3. To prepare various O.M. and returns to be sent to the Ministry.
4. To attend the recording and indexing of files in the office and
5. Any other duty to be assigned from time to time.
H. LABORATORY Assistant
1. To maintain laboratory and laboratory stores.
2. To assist in analysis work in the laboratory.
3. Any other duty to be assigned from time to time.
1. To drive office vehicle.
2. To maintain/upkeep office vehicle/log book etc.
J. LABORATORY ATTENDANT/TECHNICAL OPERATOR
1. To assist in maintaining laboratory stores and office stores of QCC Office.
2. Any duty assigned from time to time.
1. To perform watch & ward duty.
2. Any duty assigned from time to time.
1.QUALITY CONTROL CELL (QCC) PUNE
S. TYPE OF CASES LEVEL OF CHANNELS
N. FINAL OF
1. Preparation various periodical reports RD TA/TO/ARD
for submission to Ministry
2. Procurement of office furniture and RD TA/TO/ARD
fixture and office equipments for QCC
3. Investigation of quality complaints RD TO/ARD
received from Public/Media etc.
4. Inspection of storage godowns of RD TO/ARD
RMs/Procurement Centres – report
submission to Headquarter.
5. Tour programme of ARD and other RD TO/ARD
6. Rendering advice/opinion on the RD ARD
matters concerning quality of
foodgrains whenever sought by FCI
7. Parliament questions relating to RD ARD
quality of foodgrains – Submission of
information to Ministry.
8. Audit inspection reports/audit RD JASK/TO/ARD
observations memos – Submission of
informations to Ministry
9. Annual Budget preparation of BE, RE, RD TO/ARD/RD
Final Estimates, Proposals for re-
appropriation and surrender of funds
– information to Ministry.
10. Submission of Monthly/Quarterly RD TA/TO/ARD
progress reports of QCC Cell
11. Important circulars received from RD TA/TO/ARD
12. Matters relating to Hindi RD Steno/TO/ARD
13. Leave accounts of QCC staff, issue of RD LDC/ARD
identity cards to QCC staff
14. Examination of purchase proposals of RD TOARD
chemicals and equipment
C. QUALITY CONTROL CELL (QCC) PUNE
Sl.No. Type of Cases Time limit for disposal of
cases (No. of days)
1. Monthly Progress Report of QCC 05 days
2. Quarterly/Half Yearly/ Annual Report 15days
3. Food grain quality complaints Within 15 days from the date of
4. Tour report of inspecting officers 10 days
THE RULES, REGULATIONS, INSTRUCTIONS, MANUALS AND RECORDS
HELD BY QCC, PUNE
1. The set of rules & regulations notified by the Government of India, common for
all Govt. Departments including the fundamental rules, supplementary rules,
general financial rules, central treasury rules, CCS(Conduct) rules, CCS
(Classification Control & Appeal) rules, official language rules and the manual of
office procedure etc. in discharging the administrative functions.
2. Recruitment rules for recruitment/promotion of group ‘C’ staff, as approved by
the DOP&T/ Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution.
3. DOP&T guidelines for grant of financial upgradation under ACP scheme.
4. Other compilations of rules and regulations issued and brought out by the
Ministry of Finance, M/O HA, DOP&T etc. from time to time.
This office is maintaining general categories of technical and non-technical files;
routine registers pertaining to establishment, accounts and service books etc.
PARTICULARS OF ANY ARRANGEMENTS FOR CONSULTATION WITH OR
REPRESENTATION BY MEMBER OF PUBLIC IN RELATION TO FORMULATION
OF ANY POLICY OR IMPLEMENTATION
No specific consultative arrangement for formulation of policy exists as QCC
works as per the guidance/instructions and policies of the Ministry of Consumer
Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Government of India.
A STATEMENT OF THE BOARDS, COUNCILS, COMMITTEES AND OTHER
BODIES CONSISTING OF 2 OR MORE PERSONS CONSTITUTED AS ITS PART
OF FOR THE PURPOSE OF ITS ADVICE AND AS TO WHETHER MEETINGS OF
THESE BOARDS, COUNCILS, COMMITTEES AND OTHER BODIES ARE
OPENED TO THE PUBLIC OR THE MINUTES OF SUCH MEETINGS ARE
ACCESSIBLE FOR PUBLIC
No such boards, councils, committees and other bodies are constituted in this QCC
DIRECTORY OF OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES OF QCC PUNE
S.N Name/Designation Office Address Residential Address Telephone
1. Sh.K.L.Kharadi Q.C.C., Ministry GPRA, Type-IV Q-41, 09982238931
Regional Director of C.A.F.&P.D., Near Akrudi Railway 020-27654269
(S&R) “B” Wing, Station Pradhikaran,
Kendriya Pune - 411044
2. Sh. S.M.Kamthana, -do- GPRA, Type-III Q-41, 09227245350
Assistant Regional Near Akrudi Railway
Director (S&R) Station Pradhikaran,
Pune - 411044
3. Sh.R.S.Somwanshi - do - H.No.28, “Sairupa” 020-25862890
Technical Officer Sangamnagar, Sangvi,
4. Sh.S.D.Sen -do- Flat No.B 1 –05, Prime 020-25862890
Technical Assistant Heights, Pashan-Sus,
5. Sh. V.B.Nagrale - do - S.No.4, Sangamnagar 020-27286688
Technical Assistant Sangvavi, Pune - 41027
6. Sh.M.C.Ranade - do - 17/7, Purananagar, 09822995412
Technical Assistant Shirke Complex, Behind
RTO Office Chikli Road,
Chinchwad, Pune -19
7. Sh.M.C.Baishya -do- GPRA, Type-III, Near 09766982383
Jr.Acctt.cum Akrudi Railway Station
Storekeeper Pradhikaran, Pune -
8. Sh.C.R.Viswanathan - do - B-27, Ram Villa,
Stenographer Sangamnagar, Sangavi,
Pune - 411027
9. Sh.P.L.Verma - do -
Lower Division Clerk
alongwith post to
10. Sh.O.J.Gond - do - C-4, S.No.3414, 09975037259
Jeep Driver P.K.Nagar, Dhankwadi,
Pune - 411043
11. Sh.D.S.Kachare - do - S.No.1/4, New 09970359428
Tech.Optr./ Laxminagar, Pimple
Lab Attendant Gurav, Pune - 411027
12. Sh.L.D.Bhingardive - do - 332/2039, Sant 09431878559
Peon/Chowkidar Tukaramnagar, Pimpri,
Pune - 411018
13. Sh.A.J.Rane - do - Jayhind Colony, Rahatni 020-65327205
Peon/Chowkidar Phata, Pune - 411027
MONTHLY REMUNRATION RECEIVED BY OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES OF
QUALITY CONTROL CELL PUNE AS PROVIDED IN ITS REGULATION
S. Name of the Designation Pay Scale + Grade Pay
1. Sh.K.L.Kharadi Regional Director (S&R) Rs.15600-39100 + GP-6600
2. Sh. S.M.Kamthana, Assistant Regional Rs.15600-39100 + GP-6600
3. Sh.R.S.Somwanshi Technical Officer (S&R) Rs.15600-39100 + GP-6600
4. Sh.S.D.Sen Technical Assistant Rs.15600-39100 + GP-5400
5. Sh. V.B.Nagrale Technical Assistant Rs.15600-39100 + GP-5400
6. Sh.M.C.Ranade Technical Assistant Rs.15600-39100 + GP-5400
7. Sh.M.C.Baishya Jr.Acctt.cum Storekeeper Rs.9300-34800 + GP-4200
8. Sh.C.R.Viswanathan Stenographer Rs.9300-34800 + GP-4200
9. Sh.P.L.Verma Lower Division Clerk Rs.9300-34800 + GP-2800
10. Sh.O.J.Gond Jeep Driver Rs.5200-20200 + GP 1900
11. Sh.D.S.Kachare Tech.Optr./ Lab Rs.5200-20200 + GP 1900
12 Sh.L.D.Bhingardive Peon/Chowkidar Rs.5200-20200 + GP 1800
13. Sh.A.J.Rane Peon/Chowkidar Rs.5200-20200 + GP 1800
THE BUDGET ALLOCATED TO EACH OF ITS AGENCIES, INDICATING THE
PARTICULARS OF ALL PLAN, PROPOSED EXPENDITURE AND REPORT ON
STATEMENT SHOWING THE BUDGET ALLOCATED TO QUALITY CONTROL
CELL, PUNE FOR THE YEAR 2011-12 (Non-Plan)
(figures in thousand)
S.No. Unit Head of Sanctioned Progressive Balance
Expenditure Budget expenditure upto available
2011-12 (BE) Sep. 2011 during
the financial year
1. Salaries 10100 4673 5427
2. Medical 300 95 205
3. Wages 24 07 17
4. Traveling 238 97 141
5. Office Expenses 1780 1146 634
a. Office Expenses 12 02 10
b. Professional 12 -- 12
c. Other Charges 12 02 10
Total 12478 6022 6456
THE MANNER OF EXECUTION OF SUBSIDY PROGRAMMES INCLUDING THE
AMOUNTS ALLOCATED AND THE DETAILS OF THE BENEFICIARIES OF SUCH
Under no programme of QCC, Pune subsidy is provided.
PERTICULARS OF RECEIPIENTS OF CONCESSIONS, PERMITS OR
AUTHORIZATIONS GRANTED BY IT.
The activities of this office do not require to grant any concessions, permits or
authorization to anybody.
DETAILS IN RESPCT OF THE INFORMATION, AVAILABLE TO OR HELD BY IT,
REDUCED IN AN ELECTRONIC FORM.
Electronic form of information system is not available in QCC office.
THE PERTICULARS OF FACILITIES AVAILABLE TO CITIZENS FOR
OBTAINING INFORMATION INCLUDING THE WORKING HOURS OF A
LIBRARY OR READING ROOM, IF MAINTAINED PUBLIC USE.
This being a small office and the activities being inspection oriented, no library
etc. for the use of public is available. However, queries relating to food grains quality
received from the public etc. either in dak or people visiting in person are responded to,
THE NAMES, DESIGNATION AND OTHER OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION
S.N. Name of the officer Designation Phone number
1. Shri B.C.Joshi Deputy Commissioner 011-23070474
2. Sh. K.L.Kharadi Regional Director (S&R) 09982238931
3. S.M.Kamthana Assistant Regional 09227245350
SUCH OTHER INFORMATION AS MAY BE PERSCRIBED.