CELL ORGANELLE WEBQUEST Name ________________________ Class 2 3 4
1. Get computers, go to
2. Read each organelle description, compare to definition found in glossary of your textbook, and create your own definition (You may work with a partner).
3. Write definition on worksheet
TERM YOUR DEFINITION YOUR PICTURE / SKETCH
turn paper over
3. Click on each organelle found on the table and answer the questions on this worksheet.
ORGAN ELLE SLIDE
1. What does the word organelle mean literally? (two words) ___________ _____________
2. Of the organelle functions listed, which one can an individual cell live without, do you think?
3. Can all materials pass through the cell wall?
4. The cell membrane is selectively permeable. What does that mean?
5. What does the nucleus regulate?
6. Does the cytoplasm move?
7. Do you think mitochondria like candy? Why?
8. What four things do vacuoles store?
9. If the cell was a human, what major organ would the cell's vacuole be?
10. Why are chloroplasts very important for not just plants, but for animals as well?