NAME OF INVENTION: Bicycle Chain Sprocket Clock
Take a look at the picture, the picture was took from bicycle parking lot in College
Residential 1, University Malaysia Pahang. The spoiled bicycle becoming a waste and ruin the
environment views of the whole residential. This state has sparked off an inspiration to our group
to re-use the part of the bicycle component.
If you love your bicycle and feel waste to throw away your old bicycle parts, you could
do waste recycling by converting the waste recycling product into a daily gadget. The idea is to
convert the bicycle chain sprocket into a Bicycle Chain Sprocket Clock. The clock looks
extraordinary by it design. The clock might be heavier than usual clock but its design is unique
and attractive compare to usual clock. Besides, the assembly process will be just within hours
and user can use it immediately to cheer up a new home environment. The bicycle not only the
perfect mode of transportation to reduce carbon emissions and your carbon footprint, but they are
also becoming one of the hippest items to recycle.
Our group’s creative work will not only make use of the wonderful parts from an old
bicycle and turn them into a unique and useful household item, but it can be helpful to conserve
natural resources. Since most of conventional clocks could cost you more and odd by its design,
it’s time to get a simple and cheaper wall hang accessories by ourselves. Our invention is not just
an innovation but at the same time we also do recycling. The benefits of this are we helps to save
the environment from pollution and at the same time reused disposed waste.
The objectives of this invention are:
1. to minimize waste disposal and save environment.
2. to reuse discarded item by modifying it into something useful.
For our invention, we particularly focus on students/ university or college’s student.
This is due to bicycle is first choice vehicles for university students go to class.
Furthermore, a group of students has graduated every years and leave their bicycles in college
residential. It is because the bicycles are complexity to bring back to their home. The bicycles are
left behind and spoiled because of no maintenance.
Beside, some bicycles is throw away because the repair costs not worth. Spoiled bicycle
actually can be collect and recycle become invention products based on student creativity which
can generate additional income to students.
LIST OF MATERIAL/ EQUIPMENT AND ESTIMATED COST
No Material/Equipment Cost per Unit Total cost
unit (RM) needed (Rm)
1 Bicycle sprocket - 1 0
2 Pliers/screw driver - 2 0
3 compasses - 1 0
4 Card board 1.00 1 1.00
5 Glue 3.00 1 3.00
Total cost( Rm) 4.00
GENERAL PROCEDURES TO PRODUCE THE INVENTION
1. Prepare the equipment such as bicycle sprocket, glue, screw driver, card board,
compasses and other equipment If necessary.
2. Choose the wall clock with appropriate size with the sprocket.
3. With screw driver or any tool, pull the clock function out.
4. Clean the sprocket before used.
5. Stick the card board on the back of sprocket.
6. Make the hole in the middle of the circle card board.
7. Stick the dials box behind the card board then you pull it into the hole.
8. Put the hour hand on the surface of the card board are connect with dials box.
9. Lastly, decorate the clock according to your own creativity.
GENERAL INSTRUCTION TO USE THE INVENTION
1. Put the hand made clock on the table or anywhere you want.